Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jun 26, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #287 of 2,605
All colour's are made to order, you just need to discuss it with Vitaliy after your purchase via 'info' email. My FA-10 is complete but I had enough time to request a custom paint job before they shipped it. Hopefully ill get a preview on Monday. :darthsmile: whats a few more days wait.

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #288 of 2,605
You are right nick but bias is understandable and natural. I had similar discussion with them about AKM chips as well and my feelings were similar like yours. The thing is that your products are your babies and you do indeed have some emotional attachment with it. So when you compare your product with competition then bias is natural. Also, if you do not defend your product or the decisions you took while making that product then who will defend it?
Yeah, thats kind of true. Have been accused of being rude when am stating logical FACTS and many more, automatically trying to convey the message and always seem to be attacking them with questions and such. As much attachment I have with my babies, I would never sell off with BS conduct to customer. How to deal with it ? Make better products. And now, I sound like an asshole and rude.
But it would be nice, if we can end all this BS marketing regarding audio gears.

Jun 26, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #292 of 2,605
Color is personal but having said that, I liked the gold, grayish silver and subtle blue. They do not color match in a stack of the typical Black or Silver gadgets but the reason I wont mind buying them is that the shades are subtle, elegant and may not look out of place even if you put it in a stack of other colors. These specific colors are making the FA10 to look expensive also. But as always, color is a personal choice

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #293 of 2,605
Color is personal but having said that, I liked the gold, grayish silver and subtle blue. They do not color match in a stack of the typical Black or Silver gadgets but the reason I wont mind buying them is that the shades are subtle, elegant and may not look out of place even if you put it in a stack of other colors. These specific colors are making the FA10 to look expensive also. But as always, color is a personal choice
Of course color is personal. This is why everyone is saying "I like so and so color....".

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #294 of 2,605
Of course color is personal. This is why everyone is saying "I like so and so color....".

You know Saad, I am finally sticking with Black color like you to match other rigs I have in the desk :) though other colors tempted me a lot as those colors are subtler and doesn't look out of place to me. Regardless, Black will be the best fit for my desk with all rigs as black. Still waiting to get FCN-10, am at a point like, just send me the FCN-10 i will paint something here myself...LOL.

Booked an appointment in San Francisco to audition some HPs for FCN-10 (which I have never even listened to yet..duh) today, will share if I find anything interesting!

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #295 of 2,605
I was told by FLA that the volume control is more linear when running 3.5v into the SE inputs when I inquired about which output level to use out of my RME ADI.

Not sure about the XLR input voltage.

Jun 30, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #298 of 2,605
My FA-12 was shipped today but unfortunately I have to sell it. If somebody is interested, let me know.
I've paid it $887.21, $745 amp, $38.21 PayPal fee and $100 shipping. I'm asking $887 plus actual shipping to your destination.
I'm in Florida.
Don't they have a 15 day trial period?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back