Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jul 1, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #301 of 2,598
My FA-12 was shipped today but unfortunately I have to sell it. If somebody is interested, let me know.
I've paid it $887.21, $745 amp, $38.21 PayPal fee and $100 shipping. I'm asking $887 plus actual shipping to your destination.
I'm in Florida.
It will take two weeks probably till I get the amp from Europe.
Why I'm selling it? Because I think that I've reach "endgame" in both, headphones and amp.
HEDDphone and 45 SET Shishido are match from heaven.
I also have Audeze LCD-2 in good condition for $590.

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #305 of 2,598
It will take two weeks probably till I get the amp from Europe.
Why I'm selling it? Because I think that I've reach "endgame" in both, headphones and amp.
HEDDphone and 45 SET Shishido are match from heaven.
I also have Audeze LCD-2 in good condition for $590.

If you haven’t sold it by the time it arrives you might want to give a gentle go. I’ve come from feliks audio euforia ae which was pretty much end game stuff, but the fa12 has some the most beguiling mid range I’ve ever heard, beautifully layered and textured, without losing resolution. Highly addictive stuff. But good luck with the sale, someone should bite your hand off. :)

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #306 of 2,598
My FA-12 was shipped today but unfortunately I have to sell it. If somebody is interested, let me know.
I've paid it $887.21, $745 amp, $38.21 PayPal fee and $100 shipping. I'm asking $887 plus actual shipping to your destination.
I'm in Florida.
OK GUYS, BUT I HAVE TO STOP SELL. TEKNOROB23 PERSUADED ME TO GIVE IT A TRY. AND I WILL. I APOLOGIZE TO EVERY POTENTIAL BUYER.
I'm in Florida.

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #310 of 2,598
OK GUYS, BUT I HAVE TO STOP SELL. TEKNOROB23 PERSUADED ME TO GIVE IT A TRY. AND I WILL. I APOLOGIZE TO EVERY POTENTIAL BUYER.

Haha should be an interesting match up with detail monsters like the heddphone. What DAC/ source are you using? :)

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #313 of 2,598
Haha should be an interesting match up with detail monsters like the heddphone. What DAC/ source are you using? :)
Emotiva 3 as a transport and Denafrips Ares II DAC. I have two tube headphone amps. 12AU7 based Tokyo Sound, upgraded with Silver Mundorf caps, stepped volume pots and Mullards, square getter, long plates. But my favorite is all Tango, Loftin-White 45/2A3 redesigned by Nobu Shishido, Japanese SET guru.The owner of shop in Tokyo, I've bought the amp from, thinks that amp is actually build by Nobu Shishido. Who knows. 45 tubes and HEDDphone is absolutely amazing, I really don't think it can go better with FA-12 but, thanks to you, I'll give a try.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #314 of 2,598
Emotiva 3 as a transport and Denafrips Ares II DAC. I have two tube headphone amps. 12AU7 based Tokyo Sound, upgraded with Silver Mundorf caps, stepped volume pots and Mullards, square getter, long plates. But my favorite is all Tango, Loftin-White 45/2A3 redesigned by Nobu Shishido, Japanese SET guru.The owner of shop in Tokyo, I've bought the amp from, thinks that amp is actually build by Nobu Shishido. Who knows. 45 tubes and HEDDphone is absolutely amazing, I really don't think it can go better with FA-12 but, thanks to you, I'll give a try.

Wow that’s an amazing collection. I don’t think the Fa12 will be better, just different in a good way. I’ve listened to so many totl ss amps over the last couple of years none of which really improved on the chords amp stages in the hugo2 and tt2, but the fa12 bridges the gap between the euforia and the chords. It’s a unique tuning in modern ss hp amps. It doesn’t sound like class a amps, it has a more sophisticated linear tuning and is more resolving. It can’t quite match the attack of the hugo/tt2 but it makes up for it with it unforced organic sound, my H2 has never sounded less digital. I love electronic music but I crave hearing sound as analogue as possible.

It needs a good 100+ hours run in to really come on song but I’ll be very interested to hear what you think. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back