Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Sep 8, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #1,848 of 2,598
Do you think it would be ‘too much of a good thing’ when paired with a R2R DAC like the Pontus II?
I have a FA-22 paired with Mojo Audio EVO Mystique Pro (not to be confused with Chord Mojo), a NOS / R2R DAC…transparent, fully dimensional, naturally dynamic…🎼🎼🎼☁️☁️☁️

Sep 8, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #1,849 of 2,598
On a side note, has anyone got a picture of a FA-10/12/22 in silver? I can’t find any pictures…
My humble set up. FA 22 with silver plate
E28C548A-F3CA-47F7-AE0F-C574A6564673.jpeg

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,850 of 2,598
Got ya, and the second factor is a big one for me, so looks like it's most likely gonna be the FA-12.
…assuming that the FA-12 has the ‘sound signature’ which you seek…and, if not?….

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #1,852 of 2,598
Has anyone tried the volot against fa12?
Sound wise

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #1,853 of 2,598
…assuming that the FA-12 has the ‘sound signature’ which you seek…and, if not?….
. . . if not, then this purist will look elsewhere, and it's as simple as that. I am looking to squeeze the most out of my system, and not looking to make compromises at this point. :wink: I am really looking for a purely balanced SS amp to pair with my Morpheus, and I like it warmer than most, so perhaps the FA-12 is just the ticket. . .

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #1,854 of 2,598
The enjoyment of the FA-22 sound - its clarity, musicality, mild warmth, speed - continues unabated. The FA-22 is an unbelievably good hpa sibling to the tube hpas that I have. One note: I will replace the volume knob which feels on the ‘economical’ side of things…
A37CCF51-C7EB-4614-8892-A4C13AD2F278.jpeg
78FFD64E-172E-4581-96C3-87E89DA7F8FF.jpeg

Sep 9, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #1,855 of 2,598
Thanks. Yeah, I got a reply stating the same, not too bad , to be honest. It’s 5-10 days for the FA-12 by the way
5-10 days is nothing compared to the 2 months I had to wait for my FA-12 when I ordered it in 2020.

Sep 9, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #1,856 of 2,598
Has anyone tried the volot against fa12?
Sound wise
This is what I'm waiting for to happen when I receive my Volot.

Here's how Flux described the difference between the two amps when I asked them about it:

Most likely, amplifiers will complement each other. Because their feed is noticeably different, as is the circuitry. If FA-12 can be characterized as warm and velvety, Volot sounds more transparent and pure, it can be compared with the purest water, in which there are no impurities. Moreover, its sound is absolutely not clinical, it is extremely natural. At the same time Volot is able to provide noticeably higher speed and composure, which will be already strongly noticeable on "heavy" headphones. First of all, it was created for headphones such as Susvara / Abyss, but given the rather low noise level, the amplifier can be used even with in-ear headphones. The amplifiers are really different, they are united only by the fact that in any model we strive for a harmonious and natural volume, without noticeable fatigue from listening. You can also emphasize the difference in the construction of space with amplifiers. The FA-12 builds a more intimate, soulful atmosphere. Volot does it in a different way - everything is presented on a larger scale and wider. This is not an advantage or a disadvantage, this is its feature.

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #1,857 of 2,598
Silly interaction problem. The Fluxlab FA-10 remote overlaps with a signal used by my Chord Hugo 2. It keeps on changing settings on my Hugo 2.

So I stopped using the FA-10 remote.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #1,858 of 2,598
Do you have some problem to do airplay with FCN10 ? I follow the procedure given by Flux and all seems ok, I can see fcn10 in the airplay devices (iphone 12) but when I play music nothing happen and fcn10 disappear from my airplay devices. Any idea?

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #1,859 of 2,598
Do you have some problem to do airplay with FCN10 ? I follow the procedure given by Flux and all seems ok, I can see fcn10 in the airplay devices (iphone 12) but when I play music nothing happen and fcn10 disappear from my airplay devices. Any idea?
I am waiting for my FCN-10 to ship out hopefully today which is ready to go but just waiting for the Wine Red faceplate color so hopefully it will ship out today, I am also an iPhone user and would be interested in setting up AirPlay so once i receive it and setup AirPlay i will relay any instructions in case you cannot get it working.

In the meantime i suggest you check the Moode Forum as it is responsible for the Streamer part of the FCN-10. It is my understanding that it should be enabled by default on Moode so maybe your issue is router related.... Regardless once i receive my unit i will share with you any configuration if needed to have Airplay working.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #1,860 of 2,598
I am waiting for my FCN-10 to ship out hopefully today which is ready to go but just waiting for the Wine Red faceplate color so hopefully it will ship out today, I am also an iPhone user and would be interested in setting up AirPlay so once i receive it and setup AirPlay i will relay any instructions in case you cannot get it working.

In the meantime i suggest you check the Moode Forum as it is responsible for the Streamer part of the FCN-10. It is my understanding that it should be enabled by default on Moode so maybe your issue is router related.... Regardless once i receive my unit i will share with you any configuration if needed to have Airplay working.

Thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back