Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Sep 8, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #1,831 of 2,598
Oh , choices...

FA 12 balanced is excellent with Clear Mg, HD660s, HEDDphone and even with the Elite.
Maybe a touch too thick for the 650 but I have to listen again.
An existential dilemma: one has no choice about having choice…

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #1,832 of 2,598
Oh , choices...

FA 12 balanced is excellent with Clear Mg, HD660s, HEDDphone and even with the Elite.
Maybe a touch too thick for the 650 but I have to listen again.
Do you think it would be ‘too much of a good thing’ when paired with a R2R DAC like the Pontus II? I’ve got 4 amps on my short list to pair with that DAC (and the Empyrean, HEDD and HE1000SE): FA-12, Soloist, Master 9 and the Denafrips Artemis

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #1,833 of 2,598
Do you think it would be ‘too much of a good thing’ when paired with a R2R DAC like the Pontus II? I’ve got 4 amps on my short list to pair with that DAC (and the Empyrean, HEDD and HE1000SE): FA-12, Soloist, Master 9 and the Denafrips Artemis
Of course not , the amplifier is transparent.
My main DAC for testing the amplifier is the Ares II and sometimes the Venus II.
Excellent combination very organic and musical.

BTW , you have just reminded me that I must find an Artemis demo!

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,835 of 2,598
Of course not , the amplifier is transparent.
My main DAC for testing the amplifier is the Ares II and sometimes the Venus II.
Excellent combination very organic and musical.

BTW , you have just reminded me that I must find an Artemis demo!
Thanks, it’s reassuring that even with with the Ares the sound is glorious…let alone the Venus!
My heart would love the Artemis, my brain and my wallet think the FA-12 is the better option

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #1,837 of 2,598
FA 22 from what I know should be more hard hitting but not as deep in the bass and definitely less warm.
The FA-22 has excellent performance on transients and dynamics without edge, etch, or stridency. While it may be “less warm” than the FA-12, the FA-22 is not antiseptic, clinical, cool, or ‘crystalline’ in the way that, say, the HeadAmp GSX-ii can be. This, after listening through Beyer DT880 600 ohm / Focal Clear OG / Gjallarhorn JM Edition / ZMF Auteur.

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,838 of 2,598
@realmassy and the rest!

I have been listening a couple of hours with the Empyrean (leather pads) using Ares II and FA-12.
Well , can't detect any extra warmth that messes with the Empyrean.
The sound very organic and analog with great timbre.
Full but yet controlled.
Not lighting fast but not relaxed either , should I say spot on?
Dynamics are very good but it is not super hard hitting but I like it that way , more natural.
Bass could be a touch faster.
I like it very much, reminds me a tube hybrid , not the same level holographic but then without the tube associated negatives.
This amp is my new reference for analog timbre with great technicalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back