Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Aug 23, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #1,786 of 2,598
Yep, that's what I'm going to do and see what they recommend. I have gotten great advice from some members here and will see what Vitaly's opinion is from Flux.

The appeal of the FCN-10 for me is very high because of it being a one box solution so i don't have to mess with cables, DAC's and different pairings and just be done with it and call it end game haha... hopefully it will be a good pairing with my LCD-4z

Depending on which amp i order, once it arrives i will definitely leave my impressions :D
The only issue I see here is whether your adventure with Basshead HPs will end with the LCD-4z. Life would be simpler if you in fact stop at the 4z... Yet there are even more bass-head options to explore, as you will soon find out, if you stick around head-fi longer... And I mean basshead cans that are more basshead than the 4z, and which may require more powerful amp options... So choose with care, is all I am saying :slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #1,787 of 2,598
Hmm, it seems the FA-22 is the brighter of the bunch and i really dont like brightness all that much, my main thing i am trying to figure out if the Audeze LCD-4z will benefit of the increased power of the FA-10 and present a larger soundstage and harder slam than the FA-12.
I have a FA-22 and I can say it is not bright at all. I'm using Denafrips Aries 2 and HD800s which needs the right amp to soar and this setup has smoothed out the top while adding punch to the bass.

Aug 23, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #1,788 of 2,598
I have a FA-22 and I can say it is not bright at all. I'm using Denafrips Aries 2 and HD800s which needs the right amp to soar and this setup has smoothed out the top while adding punch to the bass.
Awesome! I’d love to hear some more FA-22 impressions if anybody has any. Curious to hear this thing against my FA-10.

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,789 of 2,598
Awesome! I’d love to hear some more FA-22 impressions if anybody has any. Curious to hear this thing against my FA-10.
I am awaiting the arrival of FA-22 with keenness. I will certainly be comparing it, over time, with Linear Tube Audio MZ3, Schiit Mjolnir II (cap modded), Violectric V280, Woo WA3, Woo WA6. Headphones will go from Audeze LCD-X to ZMF Auteur…

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #1,790 of 2,598
I am preparing a review that will be available till the 15th of September.

Oops , sorry I meant FA-12.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #1,791 of 2,598
I am preparing a review that will be available till the 15th of September.

Oops , sorry I meant FA-12.
Haha hard to keep track of all the FA numbers isn’t it? Next up will be the FA-120 and FA-220, just to mess with people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #1,792 of 2,598
Haha hard to keep track of all the FA numbers isn’t it? Next up will be the FA-120 and FA-220, just to mess with people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Or FLA will switch to Roman numerals…

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #1,794 of 2,598
FA-X, FA-XII, FA-XXII, FA-CXX, FA-CCXX - your choice :)
Lol "FA-CC"

That would go great with a Schiit Hel...

"What's your setup?"
"I've got a FA-CC and Hel"

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #1,795 of 2,598
Hello. Similar to some others above, I also am awaiting arrival of an FA-22. Any recommendations on a DAC pairing to accentuate speed and detail retrieval attributes, mainly for Jazz and electronic? Planned headphones for those genres on the FA-22 are Wodans. I have a Bifrost 2 paired with tube and hybrid tube amps but was contemplating a different DAC for the Flux as a change of pace. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Aug 27, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,796 of 2,598
Hello. Similar to some others above, I also am awaiting arrival of an FA-22. Any recommendations on a DAC pairing to accentuate speed and detail retrieval attributes, mainly for Jazz and electronic? Planned headphones for those genres on the FA-22 are Wodans. I have a Bifrost 2 paired with tube and hybrid tube amps but was contemplating a different DAC for the Flux as a change of pace. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
I would recommend a Denafrips Dac. I have a FA-22 with the aries 2 and love the sound. I will be upgrading to the venus 2 soon for my endgame. Recently there was a MCU firmware update 3.6.0 and WOW everything improved. I was up till 4am mesmerized. This has sold me on Denafrips products.

Aug 27, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #1,797 of 2,598
I would recommend a Denafrips Dac. I have a FA-22 with the aries 2 and love the sound. I will be upgrading to the venus 2 soon for my endgame. Recently there was a MCU firmware update 3.6.0 and WOW everything improved. I was up till 4am mesmerized. This has sold me on Denafrips products.
Thank you. You don’t think there would be too much overlap with the BF2 as both are R2R / multibit designs?

Aug 28, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #1,800 of 2,598
just placed an order two days ago and now I am in the FCN-10 waiting club :) ..
hopefully the backorder situation wont be too much of a wait
I received my FA 22 about a week ago burned it in for three days and I have it hooked up to a M2tech Young Mk III with a M2Tech Van Der Graaff power supply I also ordered the IFI Wi-Fi streamer and also connected it to the Van Der Graaf. Installed an UpTone Regen (I have two might add that one and see what happens) into the Dac two days ago I have all kinds of power conditioning and silver and copper interconnects and power cords. The sound is beyond amazing. This is a very very good amp!
The M2Tech is awesome took it to my friends studio and challenged his 22k Playback Dac along with his Rockna Dac and the M2Tech had a Rocky type performance. This Dac is amazing at $3k. i chose it over my Wadia di322, Chord Hugo, and PS Audio (latest firmware) forget about my Topping gear which is good for the money. I immediately heard a difference when I-took out the Topping A30 pro and an Eddie Current ZDT Jr and inserted the FA22. Then I began moving Dacs in and out and verified again the M2Tech is a killer. The LSA HP Diamonds are surgical and scale with the changes. Amazing what you hear when components are working together.
I’m selling the Topping Stack and the ZDT Jr I will probably buy a tube amp to compliment the FA 22, but I will have to spend more money to keep up with the other gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back