Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jul 16, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #1,756 of 2,598
I can’t speak to the FA-10 but I run my LCD-X with my FA-12S and I love the pairing

The 12S is said to sound exactly like the 12 but is single ended only. I too considered the FA-10 because let’s face it……all that power has a nice appeal. I read reviews way back in this thread by a gentleman who had the 10 and the 12 and I chose the 12 based on his feedback. He commented on how the 12 had a nice warmth to it with nice extension in the bass and treble over the 10 and a very nice mid range presence. He said he loved both amps but preferred the 12 for extended listening sessions and that appealed to me coming from a 789.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m missing out not getting the 10 but damn……the LCD-X just sound so nice with my 12S powering them……I really love the treble presentation…….all the detail my 789 had but it’s got more extension and it’s smooth……no etch at all.
Many thanks for the reply. I didn't even know there was a 12S! I must have missed it. It's good to hear that the 12 works well with the LCD-X.

[Edit] I forgot to mention that my one concern is the size of these Flux Audio head amps. I have extremely limited space where a 12 would go - think Arcam rHead levels of space. I saw the measurements on Flux Audio's site and these are quite large amps.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #1,757 of 2,598
Many thanks for the reply. I didn't even know there was a 12S! I must have missed it. It's good to hear that the 12 works well with the LCD-X.

[Edit] I forgot to mention that my one concern is the size of these Flux Audio head amps. I have extremely limited space where a 12 would go - think Arcam rHead levels of space. I saw the measurements on Flux Audio's site and these are quite large amps.
Both FA - 10 and FA - 12 are very musical amps.
What is going to be your source?

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #1,759 of 2,598
A choice of Topping D90 or Gustard A18 DACs decoding lossless CD-quality and Hi-Res audio, including TIDAL Masters.
Since they are balanced designs I would suggest the FA 12 which is fully balanced so you can keep signal integrity intact.

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #1,760 of 2,598
Many thanks for the reply. I didn't even know there was a 12S! I must have missed it. It's good to hear that the 12 works well with the LCD-X

Fantastic amp for $499 if you want the warmth the 12 is noted for and are not concerned about a balanced architecture. And the LCD-X are an easy load for it to drive

I really like the Flux products. They’re built well, use quality parts, they serve the music and I like how you can customize them. I had them add the remote volume control (a must do IMO) and the colour combos. I have mine on the same rack my Bryston audio system occupies so I ordered it black and requested a black volume knob (silver is standard) so it blended in.

Jul 27, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #1,763 of 2,598
I want a new amp for my empys... fa-10 pro or fa-22?!
FA 10 pro versus FA 22
Dear Michael

Thank you for your interest

Those two models are pretty similar by the sound signature, the only thing on FA-22 you should know, the midrange is a bit emotional and forwarded, and also output power, 16 Watt FA-10Pro instead 2.5Watt FA-22

For your headphones I guess FA-22 would be great choice with plenty of power and great dynamic

Regards, Vitaliy
Headphone LSA HP Diamonds and others…

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #1,764 of 2,598
I recently asked them which amp to pair with utopia/Stellia. This was their reply.

"The FA-12 will be the warmest of our amplifiers. The FA-22 is similar to the FA-12, but has a faster and more dynamic sound.

In this case, the FA-22 can be perceived a little lighter or brighter, but at the same time it has the most detailed sound and very collected bass."

" Thank you so much for your questions.
FA-22 is a great solution for the asked models with great speed, focus and details, FA-12 will have a bit more warm mids presentation, deeper but relaxed lows. FA-22 can support a variety of connections, I mean you can use XLR or TRS output when connecting the source via RCA. Because of fully balanced design FA-12 can support only direct connection XLR 4PIN OUT from XLR out or TRS OUT from the RCA input. "

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #1,765 of 2,598
Any of the Flux models sound similar to GS-X mk2 or GS-X mini ?
See a lot of ToTL can owners with that amp in the chain.

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,767 of 2,598
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #1,769 of 2,598
Sorry you must of misunderstood. I LOVE my FA-22 and I wouldn't change a thing. Amazing how a comma changes the whole sentence:L3000:
Which headphones you using it with...gain level ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back