Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #751 of 996
So if you can’t post pics then do you have a preproduction unit? I was thinking with the preamp Module It’d be the same exact amp just with two or four additional ports on the back.

if flux started offering Multiple colors like the fa10 that would be exciting. I’d love a champagne colored volot.
Agree 100% —would love to see some different color options like champagne.

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #752 of 996
By the way, Volot looks much nicer in person than in pics, I was rather surprised.

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #753 of 996
Dec 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #754 of 996
They definitely do.

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #755 of 996
"Volot is not rounding edges, it is very clean, clear and crisp."

"Volot is keeping up with everything, keeping you breathless every second, how things are gonna turn. Very musical."

"Just close your eyes and listen to music."
Great descriptions @XVampireX

I can't stop smiling when I'm listening.

I know it's early days but I'm listening to compete tracks without skipping... This is an indicator that I am in music enjoyment mode not in sound analysis mode. In my experience only the best equipment can do this, especially with the very analytical HD800. 😁

Dec 22, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #756 of 996
@XVampireX congratulations, finally arrived and you are enjoying it a lot :relaxed:

To change to pre-amp section, what you have to do, just change the "input" that I suppose that functions as an "output" in some configuration? And the headphones will go to silence or you have to disconnect them?

Thanks very much for sharing your impressions with us. I hope that soon the pre-amp version is available in the shop and with the final price.

Enjoy a lot.

Dec 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #758 of 996
@XVampireX congratulations, finally arrived and you are enjoying it a lot :relaxed:

To change to pre-amp section, what you have to do, just change the "input" that I suppose that functions as an "output" in some configuration? And the headphones will go to silence or you have to disconnect them?

Thanks very much for sharing your impressions with us. I hope that soon the pre-amp version is available in the shop and with the final price.

Enjoy a lot.

Yes, enjoy it a lot!

PreAmp section is still using the Input selector, if you notice in the pic, there's Inputs: 1 / 1+P / 2 / 2+P
the +P meaning PreAmp.
You have 2 Preamp outs, 1 for RCA and 1 for XLR. I have my May connected to the Volot via XLR but Speakers connected by RCA. the second input is for XLR, so since it's XLR, I run it through Input 2 and to go to the PreAmp mode I just switch to the next in line which is 2+P. But since there's no way to change to specific Inputs if I want to go back to Headphones I have to cycle all the way around, which is one of the drawbacks unfortunately.
And yes, it mutes the headphone out :)

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #759 of 996
Yes, enjoy it a lot!

PreAmp section is still using the Input selector, if you notice in the pic, there's Inputs: 1 / 1+P / 2 / 2+P
the +P meaning PreAmp.
You have 2 Preamp outs, 1 for RCA and 1 for XLR. I have my May connected to the Volot via XLR but Speakers connected by RCA. the second input is for XLR, so since it's XLR, I run it through Input 2 and to go to the PreAmp mode I just switch to the next in line which is 2+P. But since there's no way to change to specific Inputs if I want to go back to Headphones I have to cycle all the way around, which is one of the drawbacks unfortunately.
And yes, it mutes the headphone out :)
So how much more does one have to pay for the version with the pre-amp? I only see a Volot (sans pre-amp, apparently) on the Flux Lab site....

Dec 23, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #760 of 996
Volot with preamp module should be available shortly priced with an extra of $250 from the original .

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #761 of 996
Volot with preamp module should be available shortly priced with an extra of $250 from the original .
Very good price, thanks.

Have you tried your HD 800S with the Volot? What are your impressions about?

Dec 24, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #762 of 996
I've tried HD800S with the Volot shortly today, yes. It was good, smooth, clear, Good soundstage. But otherwise I've been using my Utopia as daily driver. Tried HD800S on the Soundaware P1 not too far back it was more closed in, intimate.

It's the third day in, I don't have too much time to listen through my speakers, but when I do the preamp module really does shine on the right tracks :)

Regarding burn-in, I've noticed it just gets cleaner / clearer. Transients are improving.

But definitely one downside is that it's not the best amp for bass impact probably, though there is bass and it's good when it needs to be, but even my Soundaware P1 (Which is still a very powerful amp) hit a bit harder (though not as clean).

I've had a talk with one of Vitaliy's close business partners a while ago and he said he likes Audio-gd HE-9 and Flux Lab Acoustics Volot and I could definitely see the similarities (I also own Audio-gd Master 9) it's a similar sound in that it is fairly neutrally tuned, not dark, not bright. And the exponential volume control is also similar though with less steps but the extra gain settings makes up for it.

I would say the amp is, neutral in the bass, mid is forward and treble is extended in terms of tuning.

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #763 of 996
I've tried HD800S with the Volot shortly today, yes. It was good, smooth, clear, Good soundstage. But otherwise I've been using my Utopia as daily driver. Tried HD800S on the Soundaware P1 not too far back it was more closed in, intimate.

It's the third day in, I don't have too much time to listen through my speakers, but when I do the preamp module really does shine on the right tracks :)

Regarding burn-in, I've noticed it just gets cleaner / clearer. Transients are improving.

But definitely one downside is that it's not the best amp for bass impact probably, though there is bass and it's good when it needs to be, but even my Soundaware P1 (Which is still a very powerful amp) hit a bit harder (though not as clean).

I've had a talk with one of Vitaliy's close business partners a while ago and he said he likes Audio-gd HE-9 and Flux Lab Acoustics Volot and I could definitely see the similarities (I also own Audio-gd Master 9) it's a similar sound in that it is fairly neutrally tuned, not dark, not bright. And the exponential volume control is also similar though with less steps but the extra gain settings makes up for it.

I would say the amp is, neutral in the bass, mid is forward and treble is extended in terms of tuning.
You sound like you are Flux ambassador or something. Or a super fan... !

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #765 of 996

Users who are viewing this thread

Back