Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jul 27, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #362 of 996
~ While I am not a Flux Lab amp owner and am only an observer of the Volot ‘saga’, I feel that FLA has a number of challenges / problems before it.
~ Beyond control: parts shortages and supply chain bottlenecks. Within control: quality assurance and management of customer expectations.
~ For a h/p/a with the price of and the demand for the Volot, there is no room for expedited production (with its risks of quality shortfalls) to meet / slate customer demand. Any instances of product malfunction, already reported, are dismaying at best and reputationally damaging to FLA at worst.
~ Silence, intransigence, indifference cannot be the hallmarks of relations with customers. Tell the (would be) buyers that you will deliver the right product when that is consistently possible. Keep the (would be) buyers in the know. Be proactive. Do not wait for inquiries from annoyed (would be) buyers. A sale lost here is unlikely to be recovered. There are plenty of excellent headphone amplifiers out there…
When I was waiting for Volot, I thought the same that you wrote here... And now, when @cangle unit failed (and after realized that the people at Flux lab was reading this thread and didn't say nothing about) they have lost me as a customer. I will go for another AMP.

Jul 27, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #363 of 996
I think 1 report on here of a part melting is concerning but we should over emphasize it. For example on the Burson soloist 3XP thread there are 100s of happy users on headfi but you head over to headphone.com forum and there are a few guys where it ate their susvara. so each sample conversation can over or under emphasize certain things.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #364 of 996
I think 1 report on here of a part melting is concerning but we should over emphasize it. For example on the Burson soloist 3XP thread there are 100s of happy users on headfi but you head over to headphone.com forum and there are a few guys where it ate their susvara. so each sample conversation can over or under emphasize certain things.
What does amp eat susvara mean?

Are you saying the headphones are damaged?

I don't really care about the fact that the melting of this volot is no-load operation.

It is common knowledge that no-load operation puts a strain on the amplifier :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #365 of 996
I don't really care about the fact that the melting of this volot is no-load operation.

It is common knowledge that no-load operation puts a strain on the amplifier

Flux says that Volot can be turned on without load for as long as necessary and it is fully designed for this. The transformer could burn out due to the presence of a latent defect. The transportation of the device could aggravate this as the device broke down almost immediately after receiving it.

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #366 of 996
Is Sandu Vitalie's review of the Volot out yet as SoundNews, or still MIA? To answer my own question, No!, at least not today, 7/27... For a product--a major one in the FLA line-up-- that was supposedly "released" or made available for pre-order on May 31, it does speak volumes that they have still not enabled SV to complete and publish his review, by sending him a finalized working model they can fully stand behind, to this day, apparently.

There apparently were problems with shipping, not sure it was Flux's fault. He has been on a 10 days vacation as well, he was back this last weekend. He already told me he wouldn't have started writing his review till the 26th at least.

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #367 of 996
There apparently were problems with shipping, not sure it was Flux's fault. He has been on a 10 days vacation as well, he was back this last weekend. He already told me he wouldn't have started writing his review till the 26th at least.
Considering the burn-in time, this month may be difficult :triportsad:

Shipping errors seem to be the biggest cause of review delays.

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #368 of 996
Flux says that Volot can be turned on without load for as long as necessary and it is fully designed for this. The transformer could burn out due to the presence of a latent defect. The transportation of the device could aggravate this as the device broke down almost immediately after receiving it.
Did Flux give you info about the failure of my device (the one with the melted transformer)? Sounds like you have new info that I haven't heard elsewhere about what may have caused the problem. I haven't even heard myself but would very much like to know.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #370 of 996
Did Flux give you info about the failure of my device (the one with the melted transformer)? Sounds like you have new info that I haven't heard elsewhere about what may have caused the problem. I haven't even heard myself but would very much like to know.
Most likely a faulty part or a defective transformer, I would consider it an isolated case unless we start to see more people with the same issue.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #371 of 996
Jul 30, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #372 of 996
Like I said ...
Capture+_2021-07-30-12-21-20~2.png

Jul 30, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #373 of 996
Is this for the amp or the remote? My remote has been stuck for 2 days at clearance now ("Clearance in Progress"). Surprising given how quick it was for the amp.

Jul 30, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #375 of 996
For both.
I'm not surprised, I don't know why they sell it to Europe without CE cert.
CE certification wont make any difference to customs clearance times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back