Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
May 14, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #106 of 998

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #108 of 998
Do we know if the Volot can be used as preamp?
Vitalie told me previously delays were due to pcbs to make the pre amp.

we won’t know for sure until product release.

May 16, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #109 of 998
May 16, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #110 of 998
Thoughts on niimbus us4 vs Volot ?
Let’s say you could get this for 3500 my bet with shipping Volot will be pushing 3k. Volot should have more power impressive specs a pre a remote and fully balanced. This is the baby niimbus with alps pot.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/niimbus-us4.4481/#hfc-comment-5253
I hope to save around 2500/3000 € by the end of the year and then I will decide one of my candidates -in order of preference- (Volot, Violectric V550 and SPL Phonitor 2 or X) and depending of my budget I will go with a 500 € DAC or around 1K, like Denafrips Pontus 2... So, I'm not hurry with the release, but the sooner it releases, the sooner we have some reviews, and I prefer the reviews from the forum and not the specialized ones.

By the way, the procces of saving is killing me... Because now that I have better headphones, I'm starting to hate my Asus Xonar Essence One, aside from it's own bad characteristics: lack of gain selector, annoying sounds when move the pot, cut the beginning of the songs, when I use my Denon AH-D9200s if I move the volume pot one point the sound is too high, but at one point less is too soft (same happened to me with Beyer T 1.3), and also you notice that the headphones don't develope it's full potential, that's more evident with the Senn HD 800. I even thought in buying a cheap stack, like the Topping D90 and A90 offering.

From the PC forums I come, the Asus Xonar Essence One is considered a TOTL offering... You know, they use integrated PC sound cards...

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #111 of 998
Sound news posted a teaser for an upcoming flux labs amp review on YouTube an hour ago. He's has the Volot for some time and said he'll only come around to uploading the review once flux chooses to list the Volot.

May 20, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #112 of 998
Sound news posted a teaser for an upcoming flux labs amp review on YouTube an hour ago. He's has the Volot for some time and said he'll only come around to uploading the review once flux chooses to list the Volot.

yeah I've messaged back and forth with Sandu previously and he has to wait for Vitalie to release the product before he can post his review (similar to press blackout on cars). His teaser was this was replacing the HPA4 as his new "benchmark" amp and just wait for his review. I'm excited for it but unfortunately the end of May is staring us in the face and still no release.

tenor.gif

May 20, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #113 of 998
yeah I've messaged back and forth with Sandu previously and he has to wait for Vitalie to release the product before he can post his review (similar to press blackout on cars). His teaser was this was replacing the HPA4 as his new "benchmark" amp and just wait for his review. I'm excited for it but unfortunately the end of May is staring us in the face and still no release.

tenor.gif
I can't find the teaser at Sound news :slight_frown: . By the way, Sandu Vitalie is Sound News owner and another "Vitalie" is one engineer from Flux Lab?

May 20, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #114 of 998
I can't find the teaser at Sound news :slight_frown: . By the way, Sandu Vitalie is Sound News owner and another "Vitalie" is one engineer from Flux Lab?
Yes Sandu Vitalie is the reviewer/founder of SoundNews youtube channel and site and Vitaliy Barchan is the owner/operator of Flux Labs accoustics. Sandu is in Romania I believe and Vataliy is in Ukraine.

I couldn't find the teaser on youtube either.

Also to answer your other question.. I actually bought this exact amp from midfiguy (Relaxasauras) and I think his review does a pretty solid overview of the unit:

May 20, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #115 of 998
Yes Sandu Vitalie is the reviewer/founder of SoundNews youtube channel and site and Vitaliy Barchan is the owner/operator of Flux Labs accoustics. Sandu is in Romania I believe and Vataliy is in Ukraine.

I couldn't find the teaser on youtube either.

Also to answer your other question.. I actually bought this exact amp from midfiguy (Relaxasauras) and I think his review does a pretty solid overview of the unit:

The teaser is on his community post.

May 27, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #116 of 998
I poked at their Facebook post and they say they're still trying to make the VOLOT release before the end of the month.
Hopefully they 1) make it & 2) Pre-order will be nicely discounted.

May 27, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #117 of 998
I poked at their Facebook post and they say they're still trying to make the VOLOT release before the end of the month.
Hopefully they 1) make it & 2) Pre-order will be nicely discounted.
Given that it is already May 27th, and the "before" part is fast diminishing in scope and relevance, I hope they do not mind these games with countdown clocks :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :

0abba2feb96e2b6490c9f3aa2d57ef2472c81216.gif
tenor.gif
shot2.gif

6e3c4b445a48a81e76e0e526c3993b09.gif
423c375c2e12c1a708ecc1694e472ff1.gif

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #120 of 998
200.gif

The early adopters better hope there are no warranty issues or it may be years before you get a functioning unit back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back