Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Jan 23, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #811 of 996
Congratulazioni, sarai davvero felice :)

Forse gli piacerà di più Oor perché ha detto che sta colpendo più forte, ma sembra che gli piaccia Volot per il suo sfondo nero/buona messa in scena/imaging.
Ma Volot per me fa un sacco di bassi sia in cuffia che in modalità preamplificatore :)
Con le mie Utopia hanno un'eccellente macro/microdinamica e rimbombano e sbattono quando è necessario.
È anche importante notare che, sebbene sia uno degli unici ad aver fatto più di una recensione da professionista, è ancora solo una persona e parla delle sue opinioni e dei suoi Mi piace nella sua configurazione.

Jan 23, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #813 of 996
Quick question: How does one go about ordering the version of the Volot with the pre-amp? On the Flux Lab site, only the pre-amp-less Volot seems to be listed.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #814 of 996
Quick question: How does one go about ordering the version of the Volot with the pre-amp? On the Flux Lab site, only the pre-amo-less Volot seems to be listed.
A couple of weeks maybe. They're working on all the formalities now.

Jan 25, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #816 of 996
I try to integrate Giulian Sami's technical review with my personal vision of this amazing headphone amplifier, now fully run in with about 250 hours on the "rump". The Volot comes in a basic double cardboard box covered by a fairly rough plastic "sheet" with practically nothing inside. Apart from the "sculptural" remote control, a block of aluminum hollowed out from solid of over half a kilo in weight, a basic power supply cable, from a printer, and the receiver for the remote control, nothing else, neither an instruction sheet nor the batteries for the remote control. The appearance of the amplifier is muscular, almost rocky, but with details with a refined and appropriate design, see the potentiometer recessed in the front and the silver-colored cantilevered edges that give it an original appearance but centered as a substance. The aesthetic aspect is therefore promoted even if we are far from the refinement of a Luxman or Headamp. So let's move on to the most important aspect of an amp. How does it sound? Without mincing words, I say damn well. At the beginning you feel like the Volot needs many hours of running in for what is tied up, not so full-bodied at the bottom although from the first cries you can perceive the purebred horse. But it is only after many days of continuous lighting that the "good Ukrainian" 😃 takes off by managing the various headphones fed to him with an iron fist in a velvet glove. Alternating Abyss, Meze Empyrean, Spirit Torino Twin Pulse, Pioneer Master1 and finally Susvara, the amp showed excellent to exceptional performances, giving body, musicality, record-breaking mid-highs in terms of refinement and speed and explosive but very controlled bass. The Susvara is piloted smoothly, with the gain on high (the one that goes best with the Chinese between the 4) but still with a great reserve of power. This amp amazed me for how perfectly it can match any headphones, low or high impedance, they are fed. Very quiet even with ultra-efficient headphones like the Fostex th909 nothing seems to put it in crisis. The Susvara, perhaps the most difficult headset currently on the market, is tamed with great firmness, giving it a record-breaking, explosive but very controlled mid-bass, perhaps a hair even better than what it manages to express connected to the terminals of the Pathos Inpol2 obtained Kendeil (by the way , the 4 Nippon Chemicon blue series mega capacitors have the same, identical values as those mounted on the Pathos which, let's not forget, is a 45 watt class A speaker amp. For the cost, about 2400 euros to which you have to add about 300 total euro including customs fees, shipping with UPS and paypal rate is certainly the best amp currently on the market as long as it is not judged after a few hours of listening. In terms of construction, components, power delivered, musicality, control, headstage and, last but not the least the price, is at the absolute top among the headphone amps currently on the market. If it were a European or American product, with resale gold and widespread distribution, could easily cost 7-8000 euros and not a single cent would be to be criticized. A definitive amplifier for any present or future headphone, high or low efficiency, "Teutonic" in its sculptural simplicity but with aesthetic references borrowed from the Bauhaus school. I was rarely impressed by an object like with the Volot, considering the country of origin (of low audiophile appeal) and the price I had good expectations but little else; a bet made mostly with myself because I still like to play and always question my few certainties, especially in the audiophile field. And instead promoted with honors and academic kiss! 😃

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #817 of 996
The thing you've all been waiting for! Enjoy

https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/product/volot-pre-dual-mono-class-a-headphone-amplifier/

5.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #819 of 996
Feb 5, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #820 of 996
The build quality is definitely impressive, can't wait to get my speaker setup up to par :) I'll also be upgrading my headphone next step-up of Susvara

Feb 7, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #824 of 996
I wonder if anyone had the chance to try the Volot with D8000/Pro as it doesn't require much power but scales with gear very well... I have a Kinki THR-1 and I never go beyond 9.30 w the pot

Damn, this amp seems to be magical

Feb 7, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #825 of 996
I wonder if anyone had the chance to try the Volot with D8000/Pro as it doesn't require much power but scales with gear very well... I have a Kinki THR-1 and I never go beyond 9.30 w the pot

Damn, this amp seems to be magical
Amigo Jose, tú por aquí :relaxed:

The pre-amp version look awesome with that purple mainboard, and I find the price very very good. Thanks @XVampireX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back