Flux Lab Acoustics Dual Mono Headphone Amplifier, VOLOT - Mythical Giant or Giant Killer ? News, Speculation, Impressions, reviews and discussion
Aug 19, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #407 of 996
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #408 of 996
Sandu mentions that the volot reaches 90-93% of the performance of two Benchmark ahb2 amps in dual mono bridge mode. does anyone know how the Volot compares to just a single Benchmark ahb2?

There are people that own two ahb2 amps?! xD

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #409 of 996
As I understood from the review, the approximate percentages were indicated in the "output power" section and only concerns the dynamic swings. But in other aspects, such as liveliness, naturalness and soundstage, Volot was better. Again, keep in mind that connecting headphones to such powerful speaker units can end up badly for the headphone drivers. And Sandu calls it a highly-dangerous territory for this reason.

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #411 of 996
As I understood from the review, the approximate percentages were indicated in the "output power" section and only concerns the dynamic swings. But in other aspects, such as liveliness, naturalness and soundstage, Volot was better. Again, keep in mind that connecting headphones to such powerful speaker units can end up badly for the headphone drivers. And Sandu calls it a highly-dangerous territory for this reason.
The written review states that the Volot takes you 92-94% of the experience in using dual Mono AHB2’s bass slam and dynamics, and that it’s the best he’s heard the Susvara in. GoldenSound (one of the youtube reviewers I respect) has also mentioned that he heard the Susvara best on AHB2. Logically it would make sense then to wonder how the performance of a single AHB2 (not dual in bridged mono) will compare to Volot: if this means they are on par. For me, form factor is important and if AHB2 is on par with the Volot, it becomes harder to choose because the AHB2 has a desk-friendlier size.

The safety aspect is a different discussion from SQ altogether with a dedicated thread here in head-fi for more in-depth discussion (and debate) on power amp use.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #412 of 996
All his reviews are like that. Every product is really amazing at everything lol.
I find myself having to tune out most of the poetic superlatives. It’s a scriptwriting style that can be entertaining but I personally would have preferred it toned down because he does offer some very good information.

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #413 of 996
The written review states that the Volot takes you 92-94% of the experience in using dual Mono AHB2’s bass slam and dynamics, and that it’s the best he’s heard the Susvara in. GoldenSound (one of the youtube reviewers I respect) has also mentioned that he heard the Susvara best on AHB2. Logically it would make sense then to wonder how the performance of a single AHB2 (not dual in bridged mono) will compare to Volot: if this means they are on par. For me, form factor is important and if AHB2 is on par with the Volot, it becomes harder to choose because the AHB2 has a desk-friendlier size.

The safety aspect is a different discussion from SQ altogether with a dedicated thread here in head-fi for more in-depth discussion (and debate) on power amp use.

Do note that ahb2 smaller, but you will need to stack it with a pre-amp for a volume control.

But still may be more reasonable if something can fit under it (or ontop.)

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #414 of 996
Do note that ahb2 smaller, but you will need to stack it with a pre-amp for a volume control.

But still may be more reasonable if something can fit under it (or ontop.)
I do have a TT2 as a dac/preamp so it should be fine. I think it’s too early for me to ask the questions, I understand there’s still relatively few people who already have experience with the Volot. I look forward to reading people’s experiences with the amp.

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #416 of 996
Received Volot.
Who knows whether it is necessary to turn on the "GND on" lever? As I understand it, the lever should be put on the "On" position if there is grounding. Or I'm wrong?

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #417 of 996
Received Volot.
Who knows whether it is necessary to turn on the "GND on" lever? As I understand it, the lever should be put on the "On" position if there is grounding. Or I'm wrong?
FLA's answer) This switch allows you to turn the chassis ground ON or OFF.

This can be useful for eliminating the ground loop in certain interconnects cable connections to other audio equipment.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #419 of 996

Users who are viewing this thread

Back