Florida Headphone Addicts
Jun 24, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #211 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Tomorrow is Friday, isn't the meet on Saturday? I'm driving tomorrow afternoon/night, hope I didn't get the dates mixed up.

Oh never mind, now I read the post by Sewer Guy about the get together Friday night. Most likely I'll miss that, will get there too late for joining that get together.

NOOOO!!!

Come earlier!! I wanted to talk to you about a LOT of things...Dynahi, Grace...blah blah!
eek.gif

What time do you plan to arrive? Quit your job...give them the bird and take off a few hours earlier!!

mad.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #213 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
What time do you plan to arrive?

For me to arrive let's say by 6 I'd need to leave by 10:00am, but really can't do (work meeting at 2:00pm). I expect to leave by 4:00pm, so a reallistic arrival time for me will be around midnight.

Jun 24, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #214 of 242
I wrote that message around 1:00am Friday morning East coast time, but my profile is on West coast time, so it posted it at 10:00pm Thursday night. Therefore, the remark about "tomorrow" was technically correct, but confusing to everyone else.

see y'all there.

Clark

Jun 24, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #215 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by blumenco
I wrote that message around 1:00am Friday morning East coast time, but my profile is on West coast time, so it posted it at 10:00pm Thursday night. Therefore, the remark about "tomorrow" was technically correct, but confusing to everyone else.

see y'all there.

Clark

er .... today is Thursday, Clark
biggrin.gif
If you're confused now, just wait till you've been through the shenanigans at the meet.

We get the idea, though ...

Jun 24, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #216 of 242
I board the plane in 2 1/2 hours. Is there anything else y'all need? Lets see, I've got 6 pairs of HD 650's to give as gifts, four iPod mini's, Twelve TAH amps, a LaRocco PPA, a dozen high end RCA's to hand out as door prizes, and two cases of booze. Am I missing anything?

I bet I'll be the most popular fella there.

Sorry, the excitement is starting to set in. I just left work.

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #217 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
er .... today is Thursday, Clark
biggrin.gif
If you're confused now, just wait till you've been through the shenanigans at the meet.

We get the idea, though ...

I still dont get the idea
confused.gif

Im dumb
rolleyes.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #218 of 242
It doesn't look like I am gonna be able to make it.
frown.gif

I hope you guys have a great time.

Jun 24, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #219 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
frown.gif

That's bad !! Sorry for you mate.. I can imagine how bad it would be after looking forward to something so excitedly!!

Jun 24, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #220 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
frown.gif

Sorry to hear it, Ph34rful. If anything changes, don't bother to call or write, just c'mon down. You'll be sorry if you don't.

btw, I matched the Zu Oxyfuels I stole from you with a Zu Birth PC on my source (Meridian 588), and it's a sweet combo.

Jun 24, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #221 of 242
Quote:

I still dont get the idea
confused.gif

Im dumb
rolleyes.gif

hmmm ... maybe if I type slow, you'll figure it out
confused.gif

You see, if you stay up past midnight (I know, never done by Head-Fi'ers), it technically becomes another day. Therefore when blumenco said the meet was tomorrow early this morning, he thought it was really Friday. Of course he was thwarted by two things - his native time zone is Pacific, so even though it was 1:09 AM in Jax, his timestamp showed 10:09 PM the day before. Of course the fact that it was Thursday morning instead of Friday morning didn't help much either.
eek.gif

If all this is getting hard to follow, we can 'splain it to you again about 4:00 AM on Fri or Sat as we listen to gear at the meet.

Jun 25, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #223 of 242
Hey Bill,

What time would you guys be at the venue?? When would you start setting up the equipment?? What about the gear that comes with people arriving around noon on Satruday?? What is the earliest time someone would be at the venue?

I plan to come to the venue early so that I can oggle at the gear at leisure
icon10.gif
Seriously, I wouldn't want a lot of 'meet time' wasted setting up the gear when people have arrived.. Lets make sure that everything is set up and the meet starts at 11am..

Anyway, one more toy in my goodie bag - Samsung HD841 Universal Disc player.. just in case someone's curious to hear it..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #224 of 242
I think you can show up around 9:00 - 10:00 am ??

The BIG-BOYS will all be there on Friday setting up and stuff so those of you coming in on saturday will just have to hook up and start making rounds. There should be enough space for everyone. I advise labelling your gear.

Another suggestion is : First - set-up your gear as you use it on a daily basis. Start moving things around later in the afternoon. Its tempting to rush around with your headphones and plug it into anything and everything you see but first listen to everyone elses setup and wait till the meet settles down before shifting, swapping etc.

Just a suggestion...I am running away with Gene's R-10 anyway
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #225 of 242
Quote:

Just a suggestion...I am running away with Gene's R-10 anyway
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you can pry them off my hands.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back