Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Aug 6, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #16 of 19
I'll have to give the album another go as well. It, like Fleet Foxes at first will take some time to draw me in.

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #17 of 19
They do take some time to connect with, I agree. Ragged Wood was the one that wowed me, but then I had a period of waffling with whether or not I truly liked the sound of Robin Pecknold's voice. I think that's the key, you either really like, or dislike, his voice. 

The other thing I really like though is the complex harmonies with the other members that sing. I can't think of many other current bands which have such nicely layered and thought out harmonies. 

Now I like just about all their songs.

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
Great album. I look forward to the group putting out many years worth of great music. They'll be an automatic purchase for me whenever they release something new.... 

Dukedudez- 
Very nice review. I agree wholeheartedly.

Thank you very much cn11!  I really appreciate that!

Quote:
They do take some time to connect with, I agree. Ragged Wood was the one that wowed me, but then I had a period of waffling with whether or not I truly liked the sound of Robin Pecknold's voice. I think that's the key, you either really like, or dislike, his voice. 

The other thing I really like though is the complex harmonies with the other members that sing. I can't think of many other current bands which have such nicely layered and thought out harmonies. 

Now I like just about all their songs.

Fleet Foxes' harmonies are incredible.  No other band, to my knowledge, has harmonies this good.  Also, I find the lyrics and the music to be beautiful.  That's how I'd describe Fleet Foxes.  Not catchy, fun, joyful, but beautiful.  I'm going to see them soon. 

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 19
Read a review in the newspaper on Friday which gave it 5/5 and was close to booking concert tickets & was planning on immediately going out and buying the cd, until I heard it on Spotify.

After listening to it once all the way through today I must say I am a bit disappointed. After the 1st listen it feels a long way off from the level & quality on their 1st album.

Anyone agree?

Thoughts on the new album anyone? 

Sorry for disinterring the thread...

I really love this album, much more so than the debut!

It's a shame that number three still seems to be far, far away on the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back