Fleet Foxes (for indie rock fans)
Feb 25, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #46 of 54
Yeah I love their sound. It takes a little getting used to for some but how can you not like Fleet Foxes?
Also give Bon Iver a quick download and see if you like it. It has the same relaxed and simple setting.

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #47 of 54
I got turned onto these guys recently.. quite a nice find!

it's like the best of crosby/stills/nash/young... ethereal and homey at the same time. sometimes a bit too echo-reverbed out ...but quality recordings
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #48 of 54
Another resurrection.

I put off buying the album for a while but finally I picked it up. The vinyl is very good and it sounds fantastic.

Sun Giant (EP) is IMMORTAL. I'm blown away by it. I loved the album, but when I heard the EP I was stunned. Great group of songs.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #50 of 54
I was expecting to really dislike this band given all the talk about it... when a band gets so much hype I kinda find myself not even wanting to like it. I'm a music jerk like that sometimes, like when I'm not listening to madonna, ha =/. Anyway I caved and listened, it wasn't hype at all. Great band, the self titled was actually pretty moving, personally. Not what I was expecting at all. It's always nice when a band can make you feel like you were being a stupid music jerk and all you were really doing was missing out on hearing some amazing music.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #51 of 54
Sorry for the revival of a year-old thread; I didn't think this warranted a new thread but at the same time I had to post this somewhere...

Having not heard anything about the first self-titled EP but lots and lots of gushing about Sun Giant EP and the Fleet Foxes LP, I assumed the Fleet Foxes EP wasn't anything worth checking out, but I was so wrong! It carries a more straight-forward style with some great great great tunes. I'd say it's less mountainy too. While I've appreciated Fleet Foxes and enjoyed listening to them from time to time in the past, this EP has definitely excited me much more than their other work.

PS. Sometimes My Morning Jacket and Fleet Foxes sound so similar. The first time I listened to Mahgeetah I sort of blanked out and thought I was listening to Fleet Foxes. On a related note, I really enjoy reverb haha. The only problem is that it's harder to understand what they're saying.

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS. Sometimes My Morning Jacket and Fleet Foxes sound so similar. The first time I listened to Mahgeetah I sort of blanked out and thought I was listening to Fleet Foxes. On a related note, I really enjoy reverb haha. The only problem is that it's harder to understand what they're saying.

I agree and I love both bands (more so MMJ though)! I thought the same thing when I first listened to Fleet Foxes. The vocals definitely sound similar.

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the revival of a year-old thread; I didn't think this warranted a new thread but at the same time I had to post this somewhere...

Having not heard anything about the first self-titled EP but lots and lots of gushing about Sun Giant EP and the Fleet Foxes LP, I assumed the Fleet Foxes EP wasn't anything worth checking out, but I was so wrong! It carries a more straight-forward style with some great great great tunes. I'd say it's less mountainy too. While I've appreciated Fleet Foxes and enjoyed listening to them from time to time in the past, this EP has definitely excited me much more than their other work.

She Got Dressed, In The Hot, Hot Rays, and Anyone Who's Anyone are really really good songs, but the remaining three aren't very good IMO. It doesn't blow me away as much as Sun Giant does because like Calexico said, it is straight forward. Their self titled EP doesn't really sound like the Fleet Foxes album and Sun Giant. I like their unique sound and the harmonies are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back