Fleet Foxes (for indie rock fans)
Jul 8, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #17 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by reorx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another Fleet Foxes fan here. i LOVED their Sun Giant EP...havent gotten their ne album yet, but im like 99% sure im gonna love it too

Forgot to mention that the vinyl version (at least when it came out) included the Sun Giant EP as a bonus second disk, in addition to the download coupon. Thank you SubPop! My guess is it still is released like that, but I am not sure.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 54
I'm stoked! Just found out they are playing a local garage venue on the 23rd, all ages so I can take my little girl!!
Then they are back on 9/18 opening for WILCO at the venue I shoot for!! SWEEEEEET!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #19 of 54
I'd heard about these from the Guillemots forum a month back - got the EP but haven't got the album just yet.

Awesome band, nice and chilled out. Glad to hear the album is top notch too!

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #20 of 54
Litening to the album for the first time and it is gorgeous, melodies that seem familar and nice harmonies. I agree it does seem well mastered. It sort of reminds me of Midlake's "trials of van ocupanther".

Jul 12, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #21 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Motty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Litening to the album for the first time and it is gorgeous, melodies that seem familar and nice harmonies. I agree it does seem well mastered. It sort of reminds me of Midlake's "trials of van ocupanther".

god i love van occupanther. what a great album

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #22 of 54
The Fleet Foxes sounded pretty good live at the sub pop festival. Their vocals and harmonies were even better than the album. They had them play right after this really aggressive band so it was quite a change. I get to see them again in less than 2 weeks.

The festival as a whole was pretty good but all the bands only got to play for about 40 minutes, so it was very quick sets. It was also an all day event from noon to 10pm, so it's a lot to take. Besides the Fleet Foxes, I thought Iron & Wine with just an acoustic guitar and no band was a stand out. I also loved seeing Flight of the Conchords live. A good fun band to wrap up a very long day.

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #23 of 54
I've fallen in love with Fleet Foxes in the past week. Did anyone else's copy of Sun Giant come with two copies of the same disc? The one I picked up yesterday did...maybe just a mistake.

Also, the full length album on vinyl still comes bundled with the EP.

Jul 14, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #24 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
god i love van occupanther. what a great album

Yeah van occupanther is superb and think that "roscoe" is amazing.

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm stoked! Just found out they are playing a local garage venue on the 23rd, all ages so I can take my little girl!!
Then they are back on 9/18 opening for WILCO at the venue I shoot for!! SWEEEEEET!!
biggrin.gif

Nice! You are one lucky puppy! You will be posting some of your shots, right?
I love these guys too...Buddy of mine got the NPR show they did, but have yet to listen to it. The write up gave them huge props though, so can't wait to get my hands on the podcast. Hopefully tomorrow..

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

I am turning green over here!
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, just gave the Fleet Foxes a listen on iTunes. Loved it. Ordered it.

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #28 of 54
Another Fleet Foxes covert, thanks to this thread (and trying to keep this thread alive, as well!). Excellent recommendation and has moved me into another music genre, recently.

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am turning green over here!
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, just gave the Fleet Foxes a listen on iTunes. Loved it. Ordered it.

Hopefully not from itunes.

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #30 of 54
sub pop has a lot of amazing artists on their label
the shins, the postal service, and iron & wine being my favorites, and now fleet foxes too. fleet foxes reminds me a little of simon & garfunkel.

i believe nirvana also used to be on sub pop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back