FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #7,411 of 7,931
I've been rocking the FLC8S for about a year and a half now, have been using red+gray+gold filter. Damn I never get bored of the sound all this time. These sound good for just about any genre.

The ONLY problem is that I need microphones, and I read around that its hard to find an aftermarket cable that fits the unusual 0.74mm (the UE cables are 0.75mm and they can cause damage from what I read around). Any recommendations for aftermarket cables or alternative IEM that has control module/microphones ? Thank you so much in advance.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #7,412 of 7,931
I've been rocking the FLC8S for about a year and a half now, have been using red+gray+gold filter. Damn I never get bored of the sound all this time. These sound good for just about any genre.

The ONLY problem is that I need microphones, and I read around that its hard to find an aftermarket cable that fits the unusual 0.74mm (the UE cables are 0.75mm and they can cause damage from what I read around). Any recommendations for aftermarket cables or alternative IEM that has control module/microphones ? Thank you so much in advance.
Apparently the KZ ZS5 cable will fit.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #7,413 of 7,931
I tried buying the 8n from LMUEs ... But the final total charged would have been 364usd.

So went to Musicteck.com, NJ USA ... Comes out to 355 flat with free shipping option and no sales tax at least for me in New York.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #7,414 of 7,931
I tried buying the 8n from LMUEs ... But the final total charged would have been 364usd.

So went to Musicteck.com, NJ USA ... Comes out to 355 flat with free shipping option and no sales tax at least for me in New York.
Should have bought it yesterday while the bday sale lasted - it was like ~$300

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #7,415 of 7,931
Went for FLC8n myself. Now comes the tedious process of trying to avoid customs. Sometimes if the post office is overloaded and you don't pay customs over a longer period they will just send it to you anyway instead of sending back to merchant

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #7,418 of 7,931
I'm in love with the red grey gold tuning for the 8n. Everything just sound so alive. Any other recommendations for the tuning configurations?
Yea, I'd suggest giving the gunmetal nozzle a good audition with that same sub/bass setup.

I know the gold has almost become a meme at this point, but I vastly preferred the gunmetal. There's certainly nothing wrong with the gold, but the way it emphasizes the upper mids seems to impress, but after a while it gets kind of fatiguing. That upper mid area does seem alive, but it's kind of unnatural, cluttered and, well shouty isn't the right term, but it's like it's overeager to please. I'm not sure how to best describe it. The gunmetal to me sounds much more balanced, natural and doesn't step on any of the treble. Some might find the gunmetal 'boring' but I certainly do not.

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #7,419 of 7,931
Yea, I'd suggest giving the gunmetal nozzle a good audition with that same sub/bass setup.

I know the gold has almost become a meme at this point, but I vastly preferred the gunmetal. There's certainly nothing wrong with the gold, but the way it emphasizes the upper mids seems to impress, but after a while it gets kind of fatiguing. That upper mid area does seem alive, but it's kind of unnatural, cluttered and, well shouty isn't the right term, but it's like it's overeager to please. I'm not sure how to best describe it. The gunmetal to me sounds much more balanced, natural and doesn't step on any of the treble. Some might find the gunmetal 'boring' but I certainly do not.

I agree. I was using the gold with comply foam tips and it worked out really well. But switching to spinfits, the mids blasted out everything else. Switched back to gunmetal and everything was even, clear, perfect.

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #7,420 of 7,931
Does anyone know if the stock cable is still being sold somewhere? The 3.5mm connector on mine is shorting out. I bought a KZ ZS5 cable but the one I received doesn't quite fit. Weirdly, I actually liked the original cable — just wish it had lasted longer...

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #7,421 of 7,931
Does anyone know if the stock cable is still being sold somewhere? The 3.5mm connector on mine is shorting out. I bought a KZ ZS5 cable but the one I received doesn't quite fit. Weirdly, I actually liked the original cable — just wish it had lasted longer...
Try on lendmeurears.com, write them simply. They sold me even old FLC 8 (not S) cable.

Jun 9, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #7,423 of 7,931
Oh god, I've been so out of the audiophile scene that I didn't even realize flc8n was on the way... I've been rocking the 8s since 2 years ago and probably will be checking the flc8n out.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #7,425 of 7,931
I'm in love with the red grey gold tuning for the 8n. Everything just sound so alive. Any other recommendations for the tuning configurations?
im on transparent, grey, gunmetal on 8s since around an year,
but for transparent, i took a really fine needle (they use it to prick patients to take their bloodsample, available in all pharmacies), and i spread superglue on the needle and made the hole smaller.. now its btwn red and black in terms of subbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back