FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #7,006 of 7,931
Not that i care really, though i am intrigued.... but why would you say that there will be an Announcement on 22nd and then not only is there no announcement but FLC have been pin drop quiet for 2 days since the supposed divulgence of In Eargasm delights?

No biggie. But probably should avoid saying things like that if your not 100% sure or ready to make that announcement

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #7,007 of 7,931
It seems pretty clear there was an announcement, for China. He never said it was for us. We know the new models have been launched, we're just waiting for them to be available to us (directly, instead of likely through a taobao agent) - probably by the end of the month, as he said more than once.

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #7,008 of 7,931
Found some info and pictures about the FLC8d and FLC9 on another forum: http://forum.mp3store.pl/topic/131988-flc-technology-flc8-i-flc8s-36-brzmień-w-jednym/?page=30

FLC8D

Audio fixed
sensitivity: 107dB / mW @ 1kHz
Frequency response range: 20-20000Hz
Monomer: 8.6mm Dynamic single element x1, balanced armature monomer x 2
Impedance: 11 ohms
Line length: 1.2m
Terminal: 3.5 mini-jack L-type terminal

90d40afbfbedab6497709951fc36afc378311e78.jpg

FLC9

fixed at low frequency, high frequency adjustable 12 modes
Aluminum alloy cavity
group resistance: 20 ohm, zero sensitivity: 105dB
Line length: 1.2m
Wire: 7N single crystal copper

c3edeec379310a5529260a65bc4543a983261078.jpg

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #7,009 of 7,931
Not that i care really, though i am intrigued.... but why would you say that there will be an Announcement on 22nd and then not only is there no announcement but FLC have been pin drop quiet for 2 days since the supposed divulgence of In Eargasm delights?

No biggie. But probably should avoid saying things like that if your not 100% sure or ready to make that announcement

Based on Chinese tradition, if you do some happy thing, such as wedding, start to build a house, move into a house......you need to choose a good day, but good day is rare, some time there is only one good day on two to three months, that's why sometimes many people have wedding on a same day, we follow the tradition, we chose the day about two months ago.

When we announced the launch the day before yesterday, we told Chinese customers that it's only pre-order now, we'll be able to ship in two weeks.

We apologize for the issue! we'll learn a reason from this time.

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #7,010 of 7,931
Based on Chinese tradition, if you do some happy thing, such as wedding, start to build a house, move into a house......you need to choose a good day, but good day is rare, some time there is only one good day on two to three months, that's why sometimes many people have wedding on a same day, we follow the tradition, we chose the day about two months ago.

When we announced the launch the day before yesterday, we told Chinese customers that it's only pre-order now, we'll be able to ship in two weeks.

It's all good. We know you're working hard to get the best product out without issues or mistakes.

With that in mind, we appreciate it very much that you take the time to personally clue us in on what is going on. It may seem like only a little, but I haven't seen any other companies/owners as directly involved in their online communities.

I can't wait to hear what you have in store for us. It will probably be worth the wait (never heard FLC IEMs yet, hopefully I'll get the chance soon enough).

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #7,011 of 7,931

Dont worru, its not an issue. I, like many im sure, was just expecting some big news coming from your camp.

In any case, very much looking forward to these releases!

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #7,012 of 7,931

Hi Forrest, I have a question specifically about the FLC9. I believe I read a comment from you that this will sound better than the FLC8(s). My understanding is, it's going to be more expensive and have fewer tuning options than the FLC8S. In what way will it sound better?

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #7,013 of 7,931
hmm, on the taobao page it says that the flc8n is a improved version of the flc8s with a wider soundstage, metal housing and with the similar/same tuning system of the flc8s; while the flc8d is a untunable flc8s with red, grey, gold filters. And there isn't much news on either. I'm really excited to see how much of a improvement the two will be to the flc8s. (yes, i can read and write chinese)

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #7,014 of 7,931

Sounds a lot like my tradition.

Your honesty really amazes me. One advise is to consider tying up with spinfit for your future models. Spinfits are necessary and essential accessory for flc8s imho. With them flc8s is a whole league ahead in terms of sound quality.

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #7,015 of 7,931
1. The cable included to me was reterminated to 2.5mm balanced out. I don't have a 2.5mm player so I got a Fiio L26 as a temporary fix. May I ask about the cable compatibility, and what type of cables I must look for?

You could simply look for a 2.5mm balanced to 3.5 single-ended converter.
Probably (much) cheaper than new cable and you retain the flexibility of having both terminations.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #7,016 of 7,931
Sounds a lot like my tradition.

Your honesty really amazes me. One advise is to consider tying up with spinfit for your future models. Spinfits are necessary and essential accessory for flc8s imho. With them flc8s is a whole league ahead in terms of sound quality.

Thanks for your understanding!

Test result shows that Spinfits reduce the treble extension, while our strong point is treble extension, so we'll not use spinfits and will not suggest to use spinfits on FLC's products.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #7,017 of 7,931
Hi Forrest, I have a question specifically about the FLC9. I believe I read a comment from you that this will sound better than the FLC8(s). My understanding is, it's going to be more expensive and have fewer tuning options than the FLC8S. In what way will it sound better?

FLC has a stronger bass, the treble is not as bright as FLC8s and FLC8n, so the treble extension sound much better.

Coherence is better and the separation of bass, mids and trebles is excellent.

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #7,020 of 7,931
I just bought FLC8S and am enjoying them but find the treble too sibilant. Playing with the filters didnt help me much, when I reduced the sibilance I felt I lost too much in the mid-range. There are just too many combinations of filters! I would appreciate if somebody can give me some advice on how to reduce sibilance without affecting mid-range too much... thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back