FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #6,976 of 7,931
Guys, it's literally on the previous page. FLC8n is this month, alongside Celeste and FLC8d. FLC9 in the middle of the year, which was also re-stated above *on this very page*.

Regarding the bass, have you tried the Sennheiser ie80s? Do you have any idea about the comparison between the FLC8s and these Sennheiser?
Thanks!

No sorry, I have not tried that. To speculate from Crinacle's measurements, they can have similar levels of sub-bass but the IE80 also has quite a hump in the mid-bass. This should make it more impactful, although also possibly overbearing, I don't know myself obviously. Looks more V-shaped in general.

Jan 16, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #6,980 of 7,931
@Flcforrestwei,
Let me put things this way: I listen (and make) mainly electronic music. Which one suits me best: FLC8(S) or the upcoming FLC8N or FLC9?
Thanks for your help around here.
FLC8n will have a better treble, from the point of cost performance, FLC8n will be the best (the sound of FLC9 is better, but price will be higher)

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #6,984 of 7,931
goddamnit. A few days ago i noticed the socket on the left earpiece was quite a bit looser than normal, but i thought nothing of it. Then today i realised that the whole socket was cracked, :/ even if i only used the factory cable and never removed it..... unless you count the earpiece falling off by itself.

I think i still have the one year warranty and the product page on LMUE says that i have to contact the manufacturer for repairs. So @Flcforrestwei, how can i send my flc8s to you guys and where should i send it? Also, are the repairs covered by the warranty? I could just travel to Shenzhen in person because i live in Hong Kong, but i'd rather not.

Completely unrelated, does lume still sell the tuning plugs? and how do i go around buying it? I've lost quite a few.

Also amusingly, since i've used the flc 8s, my ears can't seem to fit the shure se215 at all. Wearing for any extended period hurts. Anyone had that happen to them? The flc8s is just so magically small and light i can't go back at all. Amazing piece of engineering.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #6,985 of 7,931
goddamnit. A few days ago i noticed the socket on the left earpiece was quite a bit looser than normal, but i thought nothing of it. Then today i realised that the whole socket was cracked, :/ even if i only used the factory cable and never removed it..... unless you count the earpiece falling off by itself.

I think i still have the one year warranty and the product page on LMUE says that i have to contact the manufacturer for repairs. So @Flcforrestwei, how can i send my flc8s to you guys and where should i send it? Also, are the repairs covered by the warranty? I could just travel to Shenzhen in person because i live in Hong Kong, but i'd rather not.

Completely unrelated, does lume still sell the tuning plugs? and how do i go around buying it? I've lost quite a few.

Also amusingly, since i've used the flc 8s, my ears can't seem to fit the shure se215 at all. Wearing for any extended period hurts. Anyone had that happen to them? The flc8s is just so magically small and light i can't go back at all. Amazing piece of engineering.

Sorry for the quality issue! Please send back to us directly, There is address in the manual, or Please send me a mail( Forrestwei@163.com, I will provide address.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #6,986 of 7,931
Sorry for the quality issue! Please send back to us directly, There is address in the manual, or Please send me a mail( Forrestwei@163.com, I will provide address.

wow, thanks for the quick reply. I've used duct tape around the broken socket (don't want it to fall apart while being mailed), and included a written letter in Chinese in the parcel about the damages (realized the 3.5 mm jack was slightly bent as well, which explains why I've had slight connection issues) along with my return address.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #6,987 of 7,931

Sorry to hear about the problem, but kudos to FLC in having the CEO of the company personally send you the return address. This is awesome customer service :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back