FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #6,963 of 7,931
I think crinacle's ranking is a decent place to start. But for example, I have the ER4XR (which is pretty high on the list, especially considering price), and though they are amazing, they just aren't my thing.

Forrest confirmed that the new models will have 0.78mm pins. And the FLC9 will have fixed bass (nozzle will probably still be tunable).
FLC9 will have a fixed bass, but Sub bass is tunable.

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #6,965 of 7,931
2018 will be the year of FLC :trophy:
FLC8 was released in 2014, in the past years, we already developed several products, but we want to release Celeste first, actually, the sound of Celeste was locked two years ago, but we don't realized the gear-drive tuning system is so hard to make, so Celeste hold all of the products for two years.

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #6,966 of 7,931
FLC8 was released in 2014, in the past years, we already developed several products, but we want to release Celeste first, actually, the sound of Celeste was locked two years ago, but we don't realized the gear-drive tuning system is so hard to make, so Celeste hold all of the products for two years.

Nothing wrong with that. Better to release a complete product than to rush it out. Have no doubt your new models will be fantastic.

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #6,967 of 7,931

Since you're now releasing products with more limited tuning options, any possibility of releasing a Celeste without the tuning switches in the cable and without the proprietary three-pin connectors?

Out of curiosity - what part of the spectrum does the Celeste's cable switch control? What would we miss out on if we didn't have that?

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #6,968 of 7,931
Thank you for the update Forrest. I'm looking forward to the release.

Out of curiosity, why make the bass non-tunable, but make the sub-bass tunable on the FLC9?
Since you're now releasing products with more limited tuning options, any possibility of releasing a Celeste without the tuning switches in the cable and without the proprietary three-pin connectors?

Out of curiosity - what part of the spectrum does the Celeste's cable switch control? What would we miss out on if we didn't have that?

FLC9 has a different circuit, the bass and sub-bass is much stronger, so the sub-bass tuning will have a dramatic effect, so we think is not necessary to tune the bass, the other reason is, we want the complete back plate for our Logo.

Celeste just coming, and we still have other new products line up to release , so we don't have any plan to release a simplified version in the near future.

The switches tune the spectrum from about 300Hz to 1000Hz, which FLC8s can not tune dramatically.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #6,969 of 7,931
FLC9 has a different circuit, the bass and sub-bass is much stronger, so the sub-bass tuning will have a dramatic effect, so we think is not necessary to tune the bass, the other reason is, we want the complete back plate for our Logo.

Celeste just coming, and we still have other new products line up to release , so we don't have any plan to release a simplified version in the near future.

The switches tune the spectrum from about 300Hz to 1000Hz, which FLC8s can not tune dramatically.

Will the Celeste cable handle balanced connections? Even as someone more interested than I should be (not a lot of financial responsibility), this could be a sticking point.

Also, will Lendmeurears still be a good place to go to find FLC items?

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #6,970 of 7,931
Since you're now releasing products with more limited tuning options, any possibility of releasing a Celeste without the tuning switches in the cable and without the
proprietary three-pin connectors?

I think the Celeste is meant as a true flagship product, so it likely won't be "lessened" so to speak. If I remember correctly the switches on the cable effect the vocal frequency ranges mainly.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #6,971 of 7,931
Will the Celeste cable handle balanced connections? Even as someone more interested than I should be (not a lot of financial responsibility), this could be a sticking point.

Also, will Lendmeurears still be a good place to go to find FLC items?

Celeste will have balanced version.

Yes, LMUE still a good place to find our products.

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #6,973 of 7,931
Celeste will have balanced version.

Yes, LMUE still a good place to find our products.

Thanks Forrest. I will continue keeping any eye on their website. I'm very much looking forward to seeing all these new things you guys have come up with. The FLC8s was the first really, really good IEM I bought, and has remained one of my favourites no matter what else I get.

@Flcforrestwei,
Let me put things this way: I listen (and make) mainly electronic music. Which one suits me best: FLC8(S) or the upcoming FLC8N or FLC9?
Thanks for your help around here.

Depends on the genre, but the FLC8 is easily my favourite IEM for DnB. Bass peaks very low (as in, low frequency, reasonably high quantity), but is remains pretty quick through the mid bass. This suits styles that are fast (like DnB) or that are more about sub-bass rumble, at the cost of sheer impact. The slightly breathy and very liquid mid-range suits the surreal nature of EDM and the highs while detailed are sweet, reducing fatigue. Though, with the FLC8n supposed to be an improved FLC8s, it is probably worth waiting to see how that turns out.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #6,974 of 7,931
Thanks Forrest. I will continue keeping any eye on their website. I'm very much looking forward to seeing all these new things you guys have come up with. The FLC8s was the first really, really good IEM I bought, and has remained one of my favourites no matter what else I get.

Depends on the genre, but the FLC8 is easily my favourite IEM for DnB. Bass peaks very low (as in, low frequency, reasonably high quantity), but is remains pretty quick through the mid bass. This suits styles that are fast (like DnB) or that are more about sub-bass rumble, at the cost of sheer impact. The slightly breathy and very liquid mid-range suits the surreal nature of EDM and the highs while detailed are sweet, reducing fatigue. Though, with the FLC8n supposed to be an improved FLC8s, it is probably worth waiting to see how that turns out.

You're right, I'll wait for the FLC8n. By the way, when will they be released?

Regarding the bass, have you tried the Sennheiser ie80s? Do you have any idea about the comparison between the FLC8s and these Sennheiser?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back