FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #6,316 of 7,931
  Just wanted to check again if anyone could help me to find a vendor who sells the stock tips.

For what its worth, I found that my satisfaction with the FLC8S went up dramatically when I went to JVC Spiral Dots.   Fit with Spiral Dots is funky; I find that one needs to go a bit bigger than expected.   But boy, those Spiral Dots make the FLC8S and LZ-A2 pick up the pace when installed.

Off topic; got my wife to try out my Carbo Tenores today and she liked them.  First time I ever got her to listen to my in ears; she normally likes mid grade over the ear units.
Why do I mention that....I have a slightly smaller size of the Spiral Dots fitted to the Tenores.  For some reason that worked better for those.  Go figure.

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #6,317 of 7,931

For what its worth, I found that my satisfaction with the FLC8S went up dramatically when I went to JVC Spiral Dots.   Fit with Spiral Dots is funky; I find that one needs to go a bit bigger than expected.   But boy, those Spiral Dots make the FLC8S and LZ-A2 pick up the pace when installed.

With spiral dots, did you get a boost in treble---I want to avoid that?  I will be happy if spiral dots only boost bass.

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #6,318 of 7,931
  With spiral dots, did you get a boost in treble---I want to avoid that?  I will be happy if spiral dots only boost bass.

No, they provide a nice seal from the outside world.  And bass picks up quite a bit.  Never experienced a treble boost.

I really should have tested the Spiral Dots with the PInnacle's that I had on loan.  I bet the bass would have been a lot better.

With the FLC8S, I had to stop using the red ULF filters with the Spiral Dots.   Too much low bass.  Now I am not a bass head at all; I am somewhere between a reference tuning person and a fun tuning dude.  Right now with the flc8S I seem to be a reference tuning kind of guy.

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #6,319 of 7,931

I can't remember if you bought them used or new.  In general, your original vendor is the best place to go for support.   Surprised LMUE can't help; that is where Forrest sends most people.  Forrest should know where to go or can arrange for a vendor to get in the parts you need.

Perhaps Musictek in New Jersey can help.  They sell these now.   That vendor also sells some great product lines including Cayin.   No, I am not affiliated with them at all.

I don't think they ever sold replacement rubber gaskets standalone unlike the filters, would make sense that they wouldn't offer any spares. The best they could do was replace the entire driver under a warranty repair which I am out of.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #6,320 of 7,931
Yes I check and change all the filtres but the problem is still here

I"m an happy man because my FLC8 are fixed.
I would like to thank FLC Technology which repaired them, even if, usually, they don't handle this issue directly with customer.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #6,321 of 7,931
I think my search for tips is finally over. Just got the mee audio double flanges, they fit great and sound really good. The stock meds were the next best but they didn't stay out as well as the mee's.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #6,322 of 7,931
For anyone looking at a replacement cable:
This one actually fits in terms of Pin-Size: (link)
The only issue with the cable is the annoying cable-noise. Even worse than the stock cable at times. While you can greatly negate that by tightening the clinch, it's something you should keep in mind.

I added/removed the cable 3x on each side to test if it really works.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #6,323 of 7,931
Looking at getting FLC8S over the EX1000 right now, but does anyone know how the FLC8S compares with iSine 10?

Never expected magnetic planar IEMs, but it sounds really cool. Probably bass heavy because of the design of the drivers?

The only issue with the cable is the annoying cable-noise. Even worse than the stock cable at times. While you can greatly negate that by tightening the clinch, it's something you should keep in mind.

You tried it with stock cables 3x you mean? Did the new cable stretch out the pinholes for the original stock cable pins? It looks really similar to the Fiio upgrade cable for $30.

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #6,324 of 7,931
You tried it with stock cables 3x you mean? Did the new cable stretch out the pinholes for the original stock cable pins? It looks really similar to the Fiio upgrade cable for $30.

I'm referring to the new cable. It probably did stretch out the socket pins ever so slightly, but it works much better compared to the FiiO cable. The Pins don't bend at all, and removal is relatively easy.
Too bad the cable has lots of cable noise, hence I'll buy myself another cable from VE (link).

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #6,325 of 7,931
My flc 8s has just arrived from shenzhenaudio, and my jaw has been dropped all day. Wow. Phenomenal. It's my first quality iem, and I daresay it sounds even better than my hd600...

When I first listened to some of my fav tunes on the hd600, I had plenty of jaw drop moments. But I can hear even more subtle details with these that I don't hear on the Sennheisers. Probably because they are open back I have a not-so-quiet environment.

So yeah... Holy smokes. Thanks to Forrest Wei for a truly remarkable experience! :D

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #6,326 of 7,931

The main reason I would consider changing out the cable was due to cable noise.  If that benefit is not there, what is the advantage of upgrading or changing the cables.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #6,327 of 7,931
Doesn't look like it's been posted here yet but the FLC8s is on sale again at Shenzhenaudio:

https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/forrest-flc8s-iems-hifi-triple-driver-hybrid-2ba-dynamic-in-ear-earphones.html

Price: US$289.98 US$339.98

I believe the lowest it's ever been is $269 but I'm pulling the trigger because YOLO.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #6,328 of 7,931
The main reason I would consider changing out the cable was due to cable noise.  If that benefit is not there, what is the advantage of upgrading or changing the cables.

I agree with this sentiment. The 8S cable doesn't bother me very much, but the original 8 cable is quieter and more ergonomic and doesn't have any pin compatibility problems.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #6,329 of 7,931
hey headfiers,

I read a lot of reviews and threads now, but still cant decide.
Im currently on the verge to buy one of these two: FLC8s or Fidue A83

Currently have the LZ-A4, strong and deep bass, which I really like, but they are quite chunky/sharp and a tiny bit too strong with their bass.

Can someone compare these two? Maybe even with the A4?
How strong is the Midbass / Subbass? Highs with sibilance / harshness? Overall liking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back