FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #6,226 of 7,931
I've been using the FLC8s with my Nintendo Switch recently to play Zelda, and they work incredibly well straight out of the device.
Every day I get reminded of how amazing these things are.

This is one of the rare audio purchases that I'm 100% satisfied with.

One negative thing is that the stock tips that fitted me so well these last couple months suddenly started dropping out, but only the left side (I have no idea how this could possibly happen by the way).
Does anyone have any recommendations regarding maybe foam tips?
Bonus if they're available to buy in the UK.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #6,227 of 7,931
Me thinks Greyx2, and Gold would be nice too. I think a lot of users love the vocals off of the gold.

totally agree...found my new fab combo: gray, gray and orange (before orange was 'mehish' to me)
maybe the orange needed some warmth (but not too much) ... and the dual gray offers just that ... but doesn't take away those details.
and the details with the orange aren't as sizzly to my ears as if i'd gone to green...so a really nice balanced sound for my liking.

using it with my mojo...fab!
(before was using mostly my dragonfly red, out of laziness, liking the smaller size but not anymore.)

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #6,228 of 7,931
I've been using the FLC8s with my Nintendo Switch recently to play Zelda, and they work incredibly well straight out of the device.
Every day I get reminded of how amazing these things are.

This is one of the rare audio purchases that I'm 100% satisfied with.

One negative thing is that the stock tips that fitted me so well these last couple months suddenly started dropping out, but only the left side (I have no idea how this could possibly happen by the way).
Does anyone have any recommendations regarding maybe foam tips?
Bonus if they're available to buy in the UK.

Earwax contaminated the bore and the eartip, clean them with alcohol.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #6,230 of 7,931

Agree... gray, gray and gunmetal...It's all very personal in the end but for me (for now) this combo has a good balance of details, mids and bass slam.
update: karlomatuguinas: decided to try the orange filter instead of gunmetal gray...so it's now gray, gray and orange...very nice, too!
paired with my mojo and they're wonderful.

ill try this... :D :D :D 

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #6,231 of 7,931
  ill try this... :D :D :D 

Well, since I am in the "mess around" mode with the FLC8S once again, I decided to try gray - gray - gunmetal to compensate for my perception of the bass heaviness of the X5 III that I am evaluating.  That has led me to gray - black - gunmetal.   Previously I had been staying away from black for the mid-bass.   Anyway that seems to work with my Shanling M2.   i was going to try it with the X5 III but somehow I have drained the battery and need to wait a bit for the test.

For those with the LZ-A4 in their arsenal; any thoughts on how pervasive the sound leakage issue is on the A4 compared with the 8S?  Also any thoughts on overall comfort comparisons?

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #6,232 of 7,931

Well, since I am in the "mess around" mode with the FLC8S once again, I decided to try gray - gray - gunmetal to compensate for my perception of the bass heaviness of the X5 III that I am evaluating.  That has led me to gray - black - gunmetal.   Previously I had been staying away from black for the mid-bass.   Anyway that seems to work with my Shanling M2.   i was going to try it with the X5 III but somehow I have drained the battery and need to wait a bit for the test.

For those with the LZ-A4 in their arsenal; any thoughts on how pervasive the sound leakage issue is on the A4 compared with the 8S?  Also any thoughts on overall comfort comparisons?

I have both.  I don't get the comments re sound leakage on the A4 - there isn't any.  People look at the rear and think it is an open IEM, but the back is not a massive vent.  There are some micro holes there and that is it.

As far as comfort goes, the FLC8S is a lot more comfortable.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #6,234 of 7,931
i have a chance to p/u a pair of Aurisonics 1 plus for a decent price.
anyone ever had and care to comment vs the FLC 8S please?

I haven't heard it, but many people I trust have recommended to me to buy one on the spot if I ever see a good deal. I'd say go for it!

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #6,235 of 7,931
I haven't heard it, but many people I trust have recommended to me to buy one on the spot if I ever see a good deal. I'd say go for it!

thanks!
I just picked up a used but 'in very good condition' pair of the Aurisonics 1 plus from shotgunshane, for $250 shipped.
so it'll be interesting to hear how the sound sig differs.

i'm not one of those guys who usually has many iems or cans at once.
(i'm not rich)....but it would be so nice to try some premium..now i'll take both to the local headphone shop
to test them against the andromedas and vegas ...those models are 4x-5x the price of the flc 8s and aurisonics 1plus models.

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #6,236 of 7,931

thanks!
I just picked up a used but 'in very good condition' pair of the Aurisonics 1 plus from shotgunshane, for $250 shipped.
so it'll be interesting to hear how the sound sig differs.

i'm not one of those guys who usually has a maniems or cans....just try to have 1-2 pairs of each max, if that.
(i'm not rich)....but it would be so nice to try some premium..now i'll take both to the local headphone shop
to test them against the andromedas and vegas ...those models are 4x-5x the price of the flc 8s and aurisonics 1plus models.

I have the Vegas.

They're my first 'TOTL or thereabouts' IEMs. Not to say they are indicative of all TOTL options, but you don't *need* this level. Not if you can't be comfortable spending the money. I'm not 100% sure I am but screw it, I'm still young and single enough to not be fiscally responsible. It does make me realise how good the FLC8s are. You are absolutely right to demo since you have the opportunity (I do not). 

Not to say the Vegas aren't doing things the FLC8s can't do, because they are, and not just in the sense that (out of the box at least) they try to collapse your skull with bass. The mid-range is weird and remarkable in the sense that it's not forward, it can't be against that bass, but the clarity is still breathtaking. Particularly with vocal detail, backing vocals really come to life. But its not the same presentation as the FLC8 on the whole, objectively its an upgrade but not directly. I suspect aspects of the Vega will be divisive, by design. Definitely worth trying of course.

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #6,237 of 7,931
  Yes, termination is exactly the same as the picture above. :)

Yes it can too Xuan. But depends on the cable as well. Alo Litz cable is one of the hardest to work with due to the enamel and "cotton" in the cable is too much. So what I do is burn it a several time and use sand paper to sand it. Till I get a signal on the multimeter.

On some cable, you can just apply solder blob on it and make sure it sticks and test it on the multimeter. 

I haven't tried it myself, but there are some people in Germany who bought UE Pro cables for their Triple.Fi 10 IEMs (that have the same socket/pin diameter as the FLC8s) and sanded them down to properly fit into the sockets.

@Flcforrestwei

By the way, the Triple.Fi 10 had inverted polarity on the left in-ear's socket, so using an aftermarket cable without the Triple.Fi 10 termination required to insert the left earpiece's cable turned by 180° to get the correct phase.
Does the FLC8s also have inverted phase on the left socket?

349x187px-b05d1ea2_UEUE.jpeg

Hi. Could someone confirm that I have to reverse the left ear side pins to use this Fiio cable with my FLC8S (the picture above is for Triple.Fi 10) ?

Thank you 

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #6,238 of 7,931
You cannot use the FiiO cable with the FLC8S because the diameter of the 2 pin is different than that required for the FLC8S. I know because I asked the same question before lol. The description by FiiO is inaccurate.

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #6,239 of 7,931

Hi. Could someone confirm that I have to reverse the left ear side pins to use this Fiio cable with my FLC8S (the picture above is for Triple.Fi 10) ?

Thank you 

yes, you have to regardless of pin size! it must be wired like this as Forrestwei stated it before;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777158/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread/5925#post_13178180

Users who are viewing this thread

Back