FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #5,491 of 7,931
  you cant expect adel technology for the price of flc8s LOL

I wouldn't.

One of the reasons why BA IEMs are fully sealed is for them to produce adequate levels of bass. Since hybrid IEMs also include a large dynamic driver, that becomes less necessary. Depending on the BA type used I hoped they might also be damped enough simply by a small vent port, and not necessitate complete pressurization.

I wasn't sure if the bass and sub tuning port were at all connected to the inside of the drivers, or if they were controlling damping behind it and thus wouldn't help relieve the eardrum of pressure.

Thanks for the input guys. :)

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #5,492 of 7,931
If you are talking about pressure like when you put it in, it heavily depends on what type of filters you use. Mostly, the subbass filter is responsible. If you use the completely blocked red subbass filter, there will be some vacuum effect, but you won't have to worry with other filters. If you are the one to seek neutrality, you won't even use red subbass filter anyway, so...

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #5,493 of 7,931
  If you are talking about pressure like when you put it in, it heavily depends on what type of filters you use. Mostly, the subbass filter is responsible. If you use the completely blocked red subbass filter, there will be some vacuum effect, but you won't have to worry with other filters. If you are the one to seek neutrality, you won't even use red subbass filter anyway, so...

Good to know. I think my next purchase will be the FLC8 then, I really enjoy the prospect of tweaking the tuning and they've been on my radar for a while. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #5,495 of 7,931

This.  I had a slight amount of driver flex using the red sub-bass, but none with the others.  This can also be minimized by using foam tips.  You can compress them, insert them into your ears and then they gradually expand to make the seal.  This usually eliminates the problem.

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #5,497 of 7,931
  Hello

Just to avoid other disapointed people wanting to buy those FLC8s, here is my feedback regarding my order at shenzhenaudio.
Order ok, tracking ok ... but the FLC8s received was not compliant with the standard one

Here are 2 pics

First, the "over hear" guide has disapeared. It s no longer easy to keep the cable around the ear while walking
but the main problem is the jack plug

Here are a comparison with the Audiofly 180 one on the right : 

The jack plug is not standard, the size is a bit longer. With my iphone it involves a bug from the phone when plugging it. I hear a really far and blurry sound after listening to several "clicks".
Nothing ever happened with my other IEM. After plugging and replugging seleral time, i m able to have the correct sound.
I have also tried with my mac and the lightening adapter : same problem.

I have contacted shenzhenaudio.
First the support was perfect. The replied me : "We had asked the factory,they said you can ship back,and we will ship a new one to you."
But as i have paid 25e poll taxes once, i asked them a commercial gesture as this problem is comming from their side.
First they proposed to pay all the shipping fee. I have then asked them to confirm if that means they will pay the forthcoming extra poll taxes for the second delivery and if i can send them back the first cable once received the fixed one ....
they are no longer replying. Last communication from them was on Nov 19th. I tried using their sites, their support mailbox .... nothing.

So if you need / want a FLC8s, be carefull :frowning2:

Edit 25/11 : Shenzhenaudio.com finally replied. They are sending me a free cable. Hope DHL will not ask me to pay poll taxes for it this time ... No info yet about the cable, if it is the same model. I m asking and come back to you

We are terribly sorry for the issue! the plug should be over heated when it's soldered, we'll keep an eye on the issue.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #5,502 of 7,931
I recieved my FLC8s last friday, ordered the red holiday version with greenish cables. While the sound is wonderful the cable is a problem. The one I recieved does not have ear guides. It does nave an 8.15 mm strain relief but no ear guide, which means they wont stay over my ears. Is the a quick cure is the only solution a new cable for my new iem? Thanks

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #5,503 of 7,931
I recieved my FLC8s last friday, ordered the red holiday version with greenish cables. While the sound is wonderful the cable is a problem. The one I recieved does not have ear guides. It does nave an 8.15 mm strain relief but no ear guide, which means they wont stay over my ears. Is the a quick cure is the only solution a new cable for my new iem? Thanks

I have just started looking at the 8s. If you don't mind me asking, how does it compare to your Havi b3p1?  My only IEM is the havi b3p1 and a musicmaker tk12.

ty :)

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #5,504 of 7,931
awe man, you just had to ask! I am a huge Havi b3p1 fan especially the sound stage, it's huge and is still my go to comparison iem and a signature I look for in other iems. It's only negative is that it can be dificult to drive, but you know all this That said FLC8s has that same general feel, a large sound stage and configured right as linear or reference. Where you notice the diference is retreaval everything is a clearer and more precise top to bottom. I do like triples and have a few with this same base DD / dual BA-twfk configuration. The Dunu's are brighter and the Astrotec closer to that Havi sound and up till now my favorite. But the 8's closer yet. Finaly it's one of the easiest to drive iems I have, it works well with everthing, Samsung S5, Fiio X1, X3ii and my Samsung and Asus tabs the Asus Zenpad 8 in paticular drives it extremly well. Which doesn't drive the Havi well without the Fiio A3 (ek11) So all said and done if the Havi signature speaks to you it like it's bigger brother. The music maker tk12 I'm not familiar with. It took me awhile to decide to order this over others at this price point. But what finally pushed me was that known driver configuration and one which responds well to tuning . The 8 does tuning in spades. It's a hard price point to approach without lots of input, I hope this helped sorry for the wordyness your welcome to ask specific questions at any time.

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #5,505 of 7,931
I've had the FLC8's since early July. From the beginning I've felt something wasn't right, something was off, the sound I was hearing from this earphone wasn't living up to its' reputation. The bass was flabby, mids were distorted, I had to listen at a very low volume, otherwise everything just got worse. The last couple of months I wasn't sure what to do... Do I send them back to LMUE's? What if they tell me nothing is wrong... I even thought about reaching out to a fellow Head Fier, maybe send them the unit, let them have a listen(Nmatheis perhaps, he's a strong backer for this IEM), but I thought it might be a little awkward to send my earphone for a test drive to a complete stranger.
Long story short, after four months I finally contacted Teo, told him I felt something wasn't right, and without a second thought he had a new pair at my doorstep in five days.

THIS is the earphone I've been waiting to hear! THIS is the IEM I've been reading rave reviews about for the past six months! THIS is the earphone that deserves the reputation it receives on this thread!

Thanks to Teo & LMUE's for their incredible customer service, and for their patience in withstanding the barrage of emails I've sent them in a weeks time.

It feels good to have another quality headphone in my arsenal to choose from! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back