FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #5,431 of 7,931
They're weird tips. Quite stiff. Built to intentionally change the sound signature. I'd avoid them and just rely on FLC8S own tuning. The only reason to get them is if you find FLC8S prone to sibilance. In that case, the Ostry tips could help you out.

I tried them briefly. I thought they were good - better isolation than the spinfits, but not as comfortable. My tip rolling journey landed my back on the stock tips, FWIW.

Thanks good to hear. I might as well just get them to try. At least they fit on flc8s though ^^

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #5,432 of 7,931
So I was cleaning my flc8s, taking out the filters etc. and the sticker on the clear LF filter came off haha. I put it back on right away, but these filters are almost at the end of their cycle. The top part of one of the ULF filters came off from the stem haha. I used a nail clipper to put the stem in and awaiting on new filters to arrive. You can message LMUE for all the filters for 15 SGD btw. Last time I looked, they are no longer on LMUE store.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #5,433 of 7,931

Thanks good to hear. I might as well just get them to try. At least they fit on flc8s though ^^

They fit the FLC, but they are quite stiff compare to most tips due to having metal mesh in the center of it. I prefer this Ostry tips over spinfit personally due to the spinfit always collapse in my ear can't get a decent seal out of it. 
redface.gif

(Currently on Stock tips of FLC, loving it. The Spiral dot seems to add too much sub bass sometimes) 

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #5,434 of 7,931
  They fit the FLC, but they are quite stiff compare to most tips due to having metal mesh in the center of it. I prefer this Ostry tips over spinfit personally due to the spinfit always collapse in my ear can't get a decent seal out of it. 
redface.gif

(Currently on Stock tips of FLC, loving it. The Spiral dot seems to add too much sub bass sometimes) 

Yea, spinfits do really have thin silicone and it can collapse really easily. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #5,435 of 7,931
Hello

Just to avoid other disapointed people wanting to buy those FLC8s, here is my feedback regarding my order at shenzhenaudio.
Order ok, tracking ok ... but the FLC8s received was not compliant with the standard one

Here are 2 pics

First, the "over hear" guide has disapeared. It s no longer easy to keep the cable around the ear while walking
but the main problem is the jack plug

Here are a comparison with the Audiofly 180 one on the right : 

The jack plug is not standard, the size is a bit longer. With my iphone it involves a bug from the phone when plugging it. I hear a really far and blurry sound after listening to several "clicks".
Nothing ever happened with my other IEM. After plugging and replugging seleral time, i m able to have the correct sound.
I have also tried with my mac and the lightening adapter : same problem.

I have contacted shenzhenaudio.
First the support was perfect. The replied me : "We had asked the factory,they said you can ship back,and we will ship a new one to you."
But as i have paid 25e poll taxes once, i asked them a commercial gesture as this problem is comming from their side.
First they proposed to pay all the shipping fee. I have then asked them to confirm if that means they will pay the forthcoming extra poll taxes for the second delivery and if i can send them back the first cable once received the fixed one ....
they are no longer replying. Last communication from them was on Nov 19th. I tried using their sites, their support mailbox .... nothing.

So if you need / want a FLC8s, be carefull :frowning2:

Edit 25/11 : Shenzhenaudio.com finally replied. They are sending me a free cable. Hope DHL will not ask me to pay poll taxes for it this time ... No info yet about the cable, if it is the same model. I m asking and come back to you

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #5,436 of 7,931
  Hello

Just to avoid other disapointed people wanting to buy those FLC8s, here is my feedback regarding my order at shenzhenaudio.
Order ok, tracking ok ... but the FLC8s received was not compliant with the standard one

Here are 2 pics

First, the "over hear" guide has disapeared. It s no longer easy to keep the cable around the ear while walking

The jack plug is not standard, the size is a bit longer. With my iphone it involves a bug from the phone when plugging it. I hear a really far and blurry sound after listening to several "clicks".
Nothing ever happened with my other IEM. After plugging and replugging seleral time, i m able to have the correct sound.

First the support was perfect. The replied me : "We had asked the factory,they said you can ship back,and we will ship a new one to you."
But as i have paid 25e poll taxes once, i asked them a commercial gesture as this problem is comming from their side.
First they proposed to pay all the shipping fee. I have then asked them to confirm if that means they will pay the forthcoming extra poll taxes for the second delivery and if i can send them back the first cable once received the fixed one ....
they are no longer replying. Last communication from them was on Nov 19th. I tried using their sites, their support mailbox .... nothing.

hmm did flc technology's website ever list shenzhen audio as a official reseller? The shenzhen official reseller at this time is a taobao webpage.......

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #5,437 of 7,931
Hello

Just to avoid other disapointed people wanting to buy those FLC8s, here is my feedback regarding my order at [COLOR=222222]shenzhenaudio.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Order ok, tracking ok ... but the FLC8s received was not compliant with the standard one[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]Here are 2 pics[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

I have contacted [COLOR=222222]shenzhenaudio.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]First the support was perfect. The replied me : "[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]We had asked the factory,they said you can ship back,and we will ship a new one to you.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]But as i have paid 25e poll taxes once, i asked them a commercial gesture as this problem is comming from their side.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]First they proposed to pay all the shipping fee. I have then asked them to confirm if that means they will pay the forthcoming extra poll taxes for the second delivery and if i can send them back the first cable once received the fixed one ....[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]they are no longer replying. L[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]ast communication from them was[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]on Nov 19th. I tried using their sites, their support mailbox .... nothing.[/COLOR]

So the memory tube/guide and the 3.5mm jack shape are the things you find different?.....how about the filters bunch,the ear tips and the Sound especially?

It looks to me the ear-shells are ok to be legit,looking @ the picture,thats a relief imo.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #5,440 of 7,931
Were the FLC box factory sealed,when you opened the shipment?....not asking the one that was shipped with,coz that might've screened and opened by customs if they were in a bad mood.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #5,441 of 7,931
I believe the jack on the 8S is normally a bit longer than others, designed to operate well with a player in a case. I've never had a problem with it with multiple sources, but never used an IPhone. When inserted in my sources, the jack looks like it isn't in the whole way, but works perfectly. The removal of the memory wire, I don't know. AL out everybody seems to hate it, perhaps Forrest decided to remove it from the 8S cable.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #5,442 of 7,931
  Hello

Here are 2 pics

I bought from the same seller. The box was factory sealed and I had no problem with the jack. I have the full memory wire part too. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #5,443 of 7,931
@Mrpink200 You can check whether there is dust/dirt inside the iPhone jack, I have had similar issues with my smartphone

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #5,444 of 7,931
The sound is great when i can connect the jack correctly. The box was not sealed, right ....
By the way, i dislike that kind of wire. I really prefer the audiofly one in nylon. 
Perhaps i will order the Null Audio Arete TF10 later. It sems people are pleased with them.
I do think to have found any feedback about a possible quality loss if i pic the microphone version, but perhaps i ve not seen the posts.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #5,445 of 7,931
Guys, that's the new cable I mentioned a day or two ago. I saw it with all of Forrest's IEM at RMAF. I plugged it into a few DAPs from Cayin, Lotoo, and Shanling without any of this crackling / fuzziness business. I'd suggest trying with a DAP or amp to see if the problem persists. If it does, just ask for a replacement cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back