FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Oct 28, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #5,206 of 7,931

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777158/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread/270#post_12082849

It's the creator's DAP of choice 
biggrin.gif
 you won't find a bigger seal of approval.

Woot! That's a wonderful sign!

But hopefully someone could you elaborate more on how the sound impression would be like with that pair.

@Flcforrestwei, what were you targeting to achieve when tuning flc8s upon LPG as the based source?

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #5,207 of 7,931
I always lurk this site for reviews and such..I finally made an account just to post this. With the help of Joker I was finally able to pick these after buying other things and either eating the cost or being able to return them... I freaking love these things.
Right in the price range, I wanted $355 amazon prime.
Lightweight and comfortable. I ordered an extra cable with IOS controls that will fit it for the quick pause while I'm at work.
Clarity and sound separation, ah just wonderful!

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #5,208 of 7,931
  I always lurk this site for reviews and such..I finally made an account just to post this. With the help of Joker I was finally able to pick these after buying other things and either eating the cost or being able to return them... I ******* love these things.
Lightweight and comfortable. I ordered an extra cable with IOS controls that will fit it for the quick pause while I'm at work.

Glad you are really happy with it and welcome! =D

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #5,210 of 7,931
  I always lurk this site for reviews and such..I finally made an account just to post this. With the help of Joker I was finally able to pick these after buying other things and either eating the cost or being able to return them... I ******* love these things.

I fully agree.  I'm also a happy customer.

What cable did you end up using for the iOS functionality?  I'm in the market for one that will fit the connectors.

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #5,214 of 7,931

Hey @Demofied I've noted elsewhere in this thread that the standard UE cable pin connectors are spaced 0.75mm where-as the FLC8s employs a 0.74mm spacing, requiring most aftermarket UE10 cables to be 'forced' into place potentially bending the connectors on the FLC8s.

How'd you find the fit between the aftermarket UE cable with iOS mic and the FLC8s? Did you have to force it? Does the stock cable that comes with the FLC8s feel loose now in comparison?

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #5,215 of 7,931
  Woot! That's a wonderful sign!

But hopefully someone could you elaborate more on how the sound impression would be like with that pair.

@Flcforrestwei, what were you targeting to achieve when tuning flc8s upon LPG as the based source?

FLC8 was developped in 2014, I used Ipod to check it at that time, and it turns out that the earphone is very easy to drive, many Chinese customers just use cellphone to drive it.

Regards Lottoo Gold, I think it's the best DAP at the price, it's very powerful, I love it and can leave it now.

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #5,217 of 7,931
   FLC8 was developped in 2014, I used Ipod to check it at that time, and it turns out that the earphone is very easy to drive, many Chinese customers just use cellphone to drive it.

Regards Lottoo Gold, I think it's the best DAP at the price, it's very powerful, I love it and can leave it now.

Right, thanks Forrest :)
I agree that this earphone is really efficient, and while adding an amp is unnecessary, its sound really does scale well (my current setup is AK100ii + vorzuge pure ii).

Let my own ear be the judge while the LPG is on the way.

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #5,218 of 7,931
Recently got me thinking grey/grey/grey sounds really good too. I love how red/grey/gold is very mid-centric and it can get very emotional especially with vocals, but I feel as if a lot of treble is missing and it can get sibilant at times with no treble extension to back it up. Soundstage is slightly is narrower too. Grey/grey/grey sounds well balanced without feeling of exclusion of any frequency. However, it can be really fatiguing and it's not as engaging/emotional as red/grey/gold. I honestly don't know which I prefer more. I feel like red/grey/grey is the middle ground and probably will be my new config for awhile. One subbass filter strangely makes everything go from fatiguing to listenable.

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #5,219 of 7,931
Recently got me thinking grey/grey/grey sounds really good too. I love how red/grey/gold is very mid-centric and it can get very emotional especially with vocals, but I feel as if a lot of treble is missing and it can get sibilant at times with no treble extension to back it up. Soundstage is slightly is narrower too. Grey/grey/grey sounds well balanced without feeling of exclusion of any frequency. However, it can be really fatiguing and it's not as engaging/emotional as red/grey/gold. I honestly don't know which I prefer more. I feel like red/grey/grey is the middle ground and probably will be my new config for awhile. One subbass filter strangely makes everything go from fatiguing to listenable.
You and I seem to have an identical taste in sound signature. I've been bouncing between those same configurations.

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #5,220 of 7,931

​I keep switching between red/grey/gold and red/grey/grey. Can't make up my mind but realistically can't go wrong with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back