FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 21, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #3,888 of 7,931
Do these have the same bass quality and quantity like Dunu1000s, and how about the speed/crossover ? & IEM quality, Flex ?
Are these also TWFK BAs ?

Thanks !!

Just looking at these in case.., My DNK has a weird flex which is audible even with pressing on the tip not intrusive, but enough to cause OCD. Since I'm out of options - MA750 / H300 / GR07 BE (less bass emphasis) have quality issues, IE80s experience was miserable with the veil, G10 Spectrum may also have same signature, T20's are too heavy. Love the DNKs sound / speed with 2BAs and 1Dyn they are phenomenal.

Dunu 1000 is noticeably vshaped. Mids are recessed. The bass quality and quantity is similar, but everything else is better suited. Compared to red gray gold, mids on flc8s are more slightly forward vs treble and bass quantity all the way to subbass is balanced with the forwardness of mids. Red gray gun blue sounds more balanced in general, but that depends on preference and source. You will surely love flc8s if you loved the dunu. Vshaped was fun, but the more I realized how recessed mids was, I couldn't enjoy them anymore. I highly favor balanced sound from subbass to treble as in forwardness/volume with little exceptions in slight forwardness differences is tolerable.

May 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #3,889 of 7,931
Many years ago, when I had the IE80's, I gave my buddy's JVC FX700 a listen. OMG, what a difference! Much, much superior, especially the bass (quality). So, I bought them. Then the triple drivers arised, like UM3X, SM64, etc, (still no chinese IEMs like the H300)  and beat the FX700 completely. And so on... Moral of the story is: IE80 is way overpriced for the performance it offers. I have tested a £44.95 IEM lately that blows IE80 out of the water.

I paid about $165 USD ($210 Canadian for my IE80. I don't think they sound bad for that price. I wouldn't pay full price for them, as they are quite expensive (over $400 Canadian).

My Pinnacle P1 definitely sound way better. I haven't listened to too many iems. I have listened to the IE800 and was blown away. They were some of the greatest iem/headphones I've ever heard but obviously much more expensive. I thought and was hoping that the IE80 would sound somewhat similar but I was definitely wrong.

And that's why im here in this thread now lol.

May 21, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #3,890 of 7,931

C'mon, mate. I think he needs a real answer. Let him know what balanced does 
tongue.gif

ooopps thought he should know
tongue.gif

May 21, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #3,892 of 7,931
The MEE Audio double-flange tips arrived today. I'm using them right now and can say they are fantastic. The double-flange seals just as well as the triple-flange tips I regularly use on the small-bore nozzles Westones. The MEE Audio tips fit very snugly on the wide-bored nozzle of the FLC8S so no worry of pulling off when removing IEMs from ear canals. I think the MEEx will be my everyday listening set with the Spiral Dots serving as back up and Comply strictly for more critical/relaxed listening at home.

May 23, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #3,894 of 7,931
^
OMG*...

Get the a Crystal Silver cable from LMUE which I am using now (Balanced or regular dependent on your DAP/DAC)

...or...

the Arete cable from Null Audio (select Triple.Fi 10 option) which I've ordered but have not received yet to comment on.

I can say the Crystal Silver is miles above the stock cable.

*P.S.: the reason for the "OMG" is there is a lot of info here in regards to cables if you take the time to read through the 260+ pages. The FLC8S is a complicated (in a good way) IEM that deserves some reading about to get maximum enjoyment.

May 23, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #3,895 of 7,931
^
OMG*...

Get the a Crystal Silver cable from LMUE which I am using now (Balanced or regular dependent on your DAP/DAC)

...or...

the Arete cable from Null Audio (select Triple.Fi 10 option) which I've ordered but have not received yet to comment on.

I can say the Crystal Silver is miles above the stock cable.

*P.S.: the reason for the "OMG" is there is a lot of info here in regards to cables if you take the time to read through the 260+ pages. The FLC8S is a complicated (in a good way) IEM that deserves some reading about to get maximum enjoyment.

I have come across those info before but have problem tracking it down again. And also heard that the socket of flc 8s is a little weird. Also is there a really noticeable difference in audio? Read arnd the forum and seen lots of people disagreeing about the difference. Of course there's those who agree that there definitely is. So am kind of confuse as of now. Does flc 8s use 2pin btw?

May 23, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #3,896 of 7,931
I have come across those info before but have problem tracking it down again. And also heard that the socket of flc 8s is a little weird. Also is there a really noticeable difference in audio? Read arnd the forum and seen lots of people disagreeing about the difference. Of course there's those who agree that there definitely is. So am kind of confuse as of now. Does flc 8s use 2pin btw?

It's the 2 pin 0.75mm like the UE TF10. But @audio123 Recommand 0.74mm.
rolleyes.gif
  Stock cable is pretty good. If you are looking for upgrade I would say get the FLC's Silver cable instead.

May 23, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #3,900 of 7,931
Then is it safe to always go for 0.74 instead of 0.75? Wouldn't there be chances of it being loose?

more safe to go for 0.74mm instead of 0.75mm. it really depends on your set. if I use 0.75mm for my set, i will risk widening it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back