FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #6,587 of 7,931
I have tried ML and L and find that, for me, L makes all the difference. Worth trying in my view. Those are my go to tips for just about everything.

Its worth getting a good seal with the FLC8S. When you get them to fit, they really sing. Yes, I have heard even better units but they cost 2 to 3 times as much. And often do not feel as comfortable.

Sep 8, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #6,588 of 7,931
I have tried ML and L and find that, for me, L makes all the difference. Worth trying in my view. Those are my go to tips for just about everything.

Its worth getting a good seal with the FLC8S. When you get them to fit, they really sing. Yes, I have heard even better units but they cost 2 to 3 times as much. And often do not feel as comfortable.

I'm pretty frustrated but will try the Ls since I have them. You are right - I love the sound of these for the minute or two they stay in my ears :/

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #6,590 of 7,931
Are there any IEMs that have a similar signature to the FLC8s red-grey-gold configuration? Having a heck of a time getting a good seal with this IEM using virtually any tip I've found on the market...might want to try another IEM to try for a better fit.

It's a step back in sound quality, but to me the vsonic GR07BE has a similar signature to that filter combo.

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #6,591 of 7,931
Hi all, I'm wondering if any FLC 8s owners can help me out.

I was recently able to listen to the Fidue A83 and I loved them. The problem is the left MMCX connector had issues so I had to return them. Since the price for the A83 is now ~$330 I'm wondering how they compare to the FLC 8s. I absolutely loved the A83 sound. Is there any tuning option that works for the 8s that sounds similar to the A83?

And really what I'm looking for is a good transition between bass and mids. I felt like the A83 did this well, even though the mids were a little recessed. I've tried a few of the other similarly priced hybrids. LZ A4 are slightly too mid-bass focused and don't have a good bass option between the black and blue filter. iBasso IT03 have slightly too much sub-bass and treble for long term listening. 1MORE Quads were ok, but didn't feel as cohesive as the others.

Sorry for the ramble.

Sep 9, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #6,592 of 7,931
As a company I don't like Trnity; but they are blowing out the Icarus III for 89 pounds right now. Those are tunable and sound pretty darn good for the price. Something to possibly consider. I have them tuned to their gunmetal filter and they sound similar to the FLC8S also tuned with the gunmetal. Lately I seem to live in "netural" sound signature territory; but sometimes I veer to somewhere in between neutral and "fun" which to me would suggest a bit more low bass.

Right now I have whittled my IEM collection down to four units: FLC8S; LZ-A2; Carbo Tenore; and the aforementioned Trinity Icarus III.

I really wanted to like the LZ-A4 but found them uncomfortable. They are more detailed than the LZ-A2 but I find the LZ-A2 superior in terms of comfort. Similarly a lot of people like the it03 but I found those uncomfortable also.

If you are looking for cheap thrills, don't count out the Carbo Tenores. About $45, comfortable, and sound darned good not just at the price but simply sound darned good.

I use JVC Spiral Dots with all of those mentioned here. I had limited success with spinfits; but Spiral Dots for me as the bees knees. I know a lot of people here like foamys and I have flirted with Comply tips but at the end of the day found them uncomfortable for extended listening.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #6,593 of 7,931
So moral of the story is that there is still no real upgrade for flc8s that one can call significant.

Update : Just received my flc8s today, initial impression of gold filter is really positive. Treble is really non offensive in gold filter which is not the case with gray one. I also changed the sub bass plug to red and now sound is much more fuller and enjoyable. This combination makes me want to keep hearing vocal music without a break. Sound coming out with gold+gray+red is really silky. It's more like my full size open back headphones with more sub bass. I am also amazed by the fact that how balanced the sound is, maybe it's the magic of gold filter. With gray filter, treble becomes little hot and bass more prominent and that suits edm more. It immediately reminds me of lower priced v shaped iems. Stock tips are not up to the mark because they are too stiff, inflexible and does not isolate well. I think i should invest in some better aftermarket tips. Only problem with gold filter is that the treble losses it's crispiness which is really important for edm i think. Bass is also coming to life as i am testing it thoroughly. It's still not great as expected but i believe that burn in will take care of that.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #6,595 of 7,931
Hi all, just wondering where best place would be to buy these from, I'm in uk. Only decent iem I have had to date was a set of ie8's which I broke a few years ago. I'm very interested in the new ie80 but these also sound up my street, any advice?
Source will likely be either Samsung s8 or the new Sony premium. Any advice on these would also be appreciated.

Sep 10, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #6,596 of 7,931
Hi all, just wondering where best place would be to buy these from, I'm in uk. Only decent iem I have had to date was a set of ie8's which I broke a few years ago. I'm very interested in the new ie80 but these also sound up my street, any advice?
Source will likely be either Samsung s8 or the new Sony premium. Any advice on these would also be appreciated.

I only just recently got them but:

http://www.lendmeurears.com/flc8s-blue/
5% off: http://www.lendmeurears.com/faq/ (bottom)
Express shipping is free worldwide. Took 3 days to deliver to Norway.

These are my first IEMs so I'm not one to start reviewing things but I'm a big fan of the ability to change filters with these and from my limited understanding they can be powered by pretty much anything.

My only downside with them is the cable, it's too microphonic and I'll probably try to invest in something else if it can make a difference.

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #6,597 of 7,931

Check out my sig

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #6,598 of 7,931
So after trying red+grey+gold for a day i thought of giving other filters a try. I tried each and every one of them. I played my favorite song various times and after carefully analyzing i came to a conclusion. For absolute natural sound signature grey+grey+grey is the deadly combination which can't be beaten imho.

Blue nozzle filter was the absolute worst of them all. It lacks detail like crazy and cut certain frequencies for some reason. Green boost upper treble area at the cost of details in lower treble region. It is second worst after blue one. Then come gold and grey one. Between these two gold emphasize mids at the cost of bass and treble. In this, sound becomes somewhat congested and while it gives a perception of giving better details it doesn't do justice to genres like edm because of congestion. It is good for vocals and classical music. So grey one is the ultimate nozzle for a balanced sound which can go with anything. Also with grey one everything sounds distant and at it's place. It's totally opposite of the word congested.

Now comes the sub bass and bass plugs. Red sub bass plug is just too much and clear one spoils the fun. Then comes the bass plug, this can change the bass note completely. Clear one just vanishes the bass. Not good for any genre in my opinion. Black one is good but instantly it gives a vaccum feeling inside my ears like putting pressure inside my ear canals. It is not comfortable and somehow it changes the nature of flc8s from open sounding to close one.

Regarding tips i am using stock black silicone one with largest size. This one gives the perfect seal at the cost of little comfort.

Edit:

Even with grey+grey+grey combo sound is fairly bassy. I won't say that it can satisfy a basshead easily but it's close. I like it.

Also sound is not as coherent as i would like especially bass. It seems like bass is detached and is coming separately from a subwoofer. Maybe it's a good thing but it's a thing i notice immediately when i compare it with chepo dynamics.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #6,599 of 7,931

On the technical level, the FLC8s is quite a bit ahead when it comes to separation, resolution, tightness, speed and control. However, even in its bassiests configuration, it won't be exactly as bass-heavy as the Sennheiser with its screw set to the minimum position. But it would reward you with the higher speed, tightness and control in the lows. The Sennheiser has also got the larger, more expansive soundstage, but the FLC just features the noticeably cleaner separation, especially with more complex and faster tracks.

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #6,600 of 7,931
Hi all, just wondering where best place would be to buy these from, I'm in uk. ...

I bought both my pairs a year apart (1 red, 1 blue of course) via eBay. Look for seller "szclever88". He/she often has them discounted. I had zero problems with this seller and delivery was fast thru DHL.

My only downside with them is the cable, it's too microphonic and I'll probably try to invest in something else if it can make a difference.

Yup, stock cable is not very good. You could go with the Silver upgrade cable from LMUE which possesses less microphonics than stock. However, you could also try Null Audio cable which I absolutely love BUT the pin fit can be very tight. The fit will vary due to tolerances. My blue FLC8S was extremely tight fitting with the 2 pin TF10 connectors on the Arête cable yet the red FLC8S fit was firm, not nervously tight, with the 2 pin TF10 connectors on the Lune MKiii cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back