FLC 8S
Dec 27, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #46 of 59
Don't see why not. Whaddaya think @hakushondaimao? Should we let @elnero join the party?

Sure thing. Just got the black FLC8 cable from Teo a couple of days ago, so should be ready to send these out just after New Year's (after I give them a good listen with that).

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #47 of 59

Sure thing. Just got the black FLC8 cable from Teo a couple of days ago, so should be ready to send these out just after New Year's (after I give them a good listen with that).

Excellent! 
etysmile.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #48 of 59
Hello Guys, am I too late to join in ?
I am in Wellington FL
I have Mojo, DX 80 which I use with Kojo Brass amp.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #49 of 59
The FLC8 has been in my possession for about a week and finally discovered the best set up for my preference. Quote taken form the main impressions thread

Quote:
  So inspired by the clear, clear, gold set up, I decided to do a more comprehensive comparison with the new Q-Jays.

FLC8 vs Q-Jays v2
FLC8 was set up with clear ULF, clear LF and gold MF/HF
This set up was chosen to give the FLC8 the most linear and neutral frequency response possible with the filter choices. 

Bass
The FLC8 bass stays surprisingly strong to 30 hz in this set up. It has very satisfying rumble and impact. Bass feels linear between deep, mid and upper bass, although as a whole it feels slightly enhanced over neutral . In contrast the Q-Jays have a rise in deep bass with less mid and upper bass. Next to the FLC8, the Q-Jays have more rumble but less less overall impact and a thinner note. Texture on the dynamic of the FLC8 is more apparent with a more natural timbre due to longer decay, next to the speeder dual balanced armatures of the Q-Jays.

Midrange
The FLC8 midrange is fuller and more forward than the Q-Jays. Male vocals have a more natural heft and full bodied presence for a more intimate performance.The thinner note of the Q-Jays gives it the perception of greater transparency but the FLC8 is pretty clear and transparent as well. Both can slightly emphasize the recorded sibilance in Brooks and Dunn’s Believe but sibilance is a good bit brighter in the Q-Jays. Both have great energy with female vocals, with the Q-Jays having a thinner and colder overall female vocal. Next to the Q-Jays, the FLC8 injects just a bit of warmth into female vocals. 

Treble
Both the Q-Jays and FLC8 have enhanced treble to my ears but the Q-Jays is much brighter overall. Both soar with tons of air and sparkle, as well bring most of their distortion guitar crunch and bite in their treble, rather an their upper mid. The Q-Jays requires much deeper fit than the FLC8, in order to control the amplitude of it’s middle treble peak. Some recordings that can be slightly cringe worthy on the FLC8 and be full born eye squintchers on the Q-Jays. Treble resolution is top notch on both, due to their enhanced nature. 

Soundstage, Imaging and Separation
Both models sound airy and open in staging but the FLC8 sounds larger in all dimensions by a good margin. The FLC8 presents an overall more spacious feeling with more air and distance around instruments, whereas the faster and more nimble Q-Jays, while sounding more confined, is noticeably more incisive and exacting in its sonic image.

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #55 of 59
Holy moley it's been a crazy busy couple weeks for me. I finally got around to doing some listening these last couple days and have been scribbling down my notes. Overall impressions are quite favourable so far, which is a nice change of pace as the last few iems I've had come through did not sit well with me. 

I should hopefully be able to send these off to the next guy over the weekend. Oh wait it's all the Easter holiday stuff... ergh, ok if things are open I might be able to send it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back