Sep 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #616 of 941
Tangerine Dream! Heck yes!

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #617 of 941
A couple more that recent re-listening has confirmed:

Jethro Tull: Thick as a Brick
Can: Tago Mago

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #618 of 941
Quote:
The issue a lot of people have with Dianna Krall isn't necessarily her music. It's the fact that at every single trade show ever at least half the systems are playing it for demo. 

I can only speak for myself, but the issue is that she's nowhere near the level of the real greats (Ella, Sarah, Billie, etc) yet an increasing number of "audiophiles" know her music  and not those of her predecessors and betters.  Listen to Sarah sing "Lullaby of Birdland" with Clifford Brown or Ella sing Gershwin or Rodgers & Hart.  Then listen to anything by Diana Krall.  The difference is Night and Day.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #619 of 941
Diane Schuur, now there's a jazz singer.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #621 of 941
Albums without filler?

Let it Bleed
Hard Days Night
Face to Face
Marqueen Moon
Parallel Lines
The Las
If you're feeling sinister
Author Unknown
100& Fun

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #622 of 941
Not sure if this has been posted, but it's one of my all time favorites:

Oh and this:

Also, both Tame Impala albums, Lonerism and Innerspeaker.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #627 of 941
Quote:
The criteria is simple: Original albums only, no live album, no greatest hits album, no Classical album unless its original (read 20th, 21st century material that is on one of its first cds, this rule is in because somebody argued for an album with Beethoven's 5th and 6th on it and well it is flawless).

With the above criteria, what are some albums you can think of that is flawlessly good front to back, no fillers?

Had this discussion with some friends earlier today. 

And of the modern music albums I can think of, Michael Jackson's Thriller is the only one I can name that is without a flyer. Michael Jackson isn't my cup of tea but rock is full of good albums with 6 good tracks and 6 fillers. What do you guys think are some album that is flawless throughout?

Hi everyone :)
I'm new here

I agree with Michael's Thriller
And to me, here's some others in my head now:

Phil Collins - But Seriously
Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales
Nara Leao - Meu Primeiro Amor
Janet Jackson - janet
Beck - Sea Change
Joni Mitchell - Blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back