Flats now $35 ?!
Jan 3, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 35
most expensive foam evvvvvvver

(but they're still awsome. I wouldnt be caught dead without flats on my grados
tongue.gif
)

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 35
HI,

Yes the price was increased $5 to cover my costs for them. There is one other place to get them - from Joe Grado where you can have them for $50 a pair...

Believe me, the flat pads are not a get rich quick scheme...

Todd

Jan 4, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #6 of 35
Thanks Todd

I think it should be said that we are grateful that you carry them, because I for one, would not be enjoying my HF1's without your effort to continue to carry flats.

Someone said that you bought the remaining stock. Is this the case, or are they manufacturing them still?

-Whitney

Jan 4, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 35
Hi,

I have permission from Grado Labs to have them manufactured for me. They are made out of the country and though they look like ordinary foam they are actually layered with different types of foam. I have to buy them in a large quantity and have them shipped to me.

I never bought out any old stock from Grado Labs and have had all of my pads manufactured for me.

They are expensive but again, I do not get rich on these nor am I gouging anyone. I appreciate your comments on being able to use them and get them from me. I am thankful to all of you who have purchased them from me and hope to be able to continue to supply them for a long time.

Todd

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #9 of 35
At $35 they are still a bargain. I happily paid $50 years ago when they were not available.

Face it Gas is more expensive and the Dollar is down- “They are made out of the country“. And the price hasn’t changed since Todd released them.

I washed mine regularly and the pair I used for 2 years looked as good as new just softer.

Mitch

Jan 5, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #11 of 35
$35? Who cares. It's the cheapest upgrade available for applicable Grados and it'll have more impact than amp and source upgrades costing thousands.

Jan 5, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any reason why the price jumped 5 bucks up ?!

Prices in the U.S. are soaring right now due to inflation from the weak $. It seems unreasonable to create a topic calling Todd out for raising the price of one of his products by $5.

Jan 5, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 35
I suppose some also might not remember the time before Todd made flats readily available again. While it might not make much apparent sense for a pair of small pieces of foam to cost what they do, it's about the end in this case, not the means so much. Bottom line, Todd is the man for offering flats, at any reasonable price! (This coming from someone who has not owned Grados in years.)

Jan 5, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #14 of 35
yes...they are now 35$ +5 for shiping.
I got a pair for myself on Ebay for 31.

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #15 of 35
HI Tommarra,

That is very interesting as I am the only one other than Joe Grado who is authorized to have them made and sell the official Grado pads...

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back