Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Oct 2, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #181 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 11 is my everyday work flashlight. It looks like it would leave a nice mark on a face if ever need be.

tongue.gif
Not applicable for me. Looking for work as an EMT, I have to let law enforcement handle the unruly patients.

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #182 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not familiar with them but they look like collectors editions of their current line.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Nitecore D10 or EX10 as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law. I might even get one for myself.
biggrin.gif

I got my L2T today. Low mode is comparable to the Mini-Mag but without the focus feature. High mode is WOW bright. I can't wait for the sun to go down.

Close, but most importantly, they will be sporting the new, just released XPG-R5 and will probably be around 300lm-350lm out the front on high instead of the current 170lm-190lm. At lower levels, it will operate at higher efficiencies giving longer run times.

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #184 of 828
Well, they're sold out now, but I bought 3, so I might sell one later on, but not sure.

Also, they'll probably eventually be available in aluminum, maybe even before the Christmas rush.

We are right on the cusp of a release of new LED technology into the world. Watch for announcements over the next few weeks from 4-7's, Battery Junction, and others.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #186 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well those went fast. Maybe you can provide an update when those aluminum ones come out.

Is the new LED your referring to the XLamp XP-G?

Yes, and happy to do so.

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #188 of 828
Nice beam shots!!

I love the M30, it's a great light. The M30 is about 500 Lm out the front max. The 700lm spec is at the emitter without the optics, but it's still really bright.

Just picked up an Eagle Tac M2XC4 Neutral White over the weekend. The color rendition is quite something to behold. Very nice focused beam. The cool white version specs out at 800 lm OTF (out the front) and the neutral white specs at 665 lm OTF. It has better focus than my Fenix TK40, so even though they're both about the same brightness, the color rendition of the neutral white LED's gives MUCH better color recognition, and the tighter focus gives it much better throw than the TK40. The color rendition from my M30 is better than the Fenix TK40, and has about 20% less throw than the TK40, but the CRI is not as good as the Neutral tint 4300K of the Eagle Tac.

Overall, the quality of the Beam for medium and close distance work, the M30 has the best beam quality of them all, although not quite the CRI of the Eagle Tac.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #189 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice beam shots!!

I love the M30, it's a great light. The M30 is about 500 Lm out the front max. The 700lm spec is at the emitter without the optics, but it's still really bright.

Just picked up an Eagle Tac M2XC4 Neutral White over the weekend. The color rendition is quite something to behold. Very nice focused beam. The cool white version specs out at 800 lm OTF (out the front) and the neutral white specs at 665 lm OTF. It has better focus than my Fenix TK40, so even though they're both about the same brightness, the color rendition of the neutral white LED's gives MUCH better color recognition, and the tighter focus gives it much better throw than the TK40. The color rendition from my M30 is better than the Fenix TK40, and has about 20% less throw than the TK40, but the CRI is not as good as the Neutral tint 4300K of the Eagle Tac.

Overall, the quality of the Beam for medium and close distance work, the M30 has the best beam quality of them all, although not quite the CRI of the Eagle Tac.

Yep. I was out to get the brightest light I could while maintaining decent form and size, and I'm pretty sure this is as bright as you can go for the size. I hate big ugly flashlights, so this one is right at my limits for size. I love it.

I bought a charger and two 18500 batteries and one battery is dead already, won't take a charge. I charged it once and they worked fine, I went to use it a couple days later and it wouldn't turn on. Thought my light was dead until I tried 3 CR123s and it worked fine. Then I checked the voltage of the batteries and one was fine at 4v, the other was like -.2v. Guess I need a new one.

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #190 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. I was out to get the brightest light I could while maintaining decent form and size, and I'm pretty sure this is as bright as you can go for the size. I hate big ugly flashlights, so this one is right at my limits for size. I love it.

I bought a charger and two 18500 batteries and one battery is dead already, won't take a charge. I charged it once and they worked fine, I went to use it a couple days later and it wouldn't turn on. Thought my light was dead until I tried 3 CR123s and it worked fine. Then I checked the voltage of the batteries and one was fine at 4v, the other was like -.2v. Guess I need a new one.

As far as I know, you're 100% correct WRT form factor. I love the extreme compactness of the M30! Bummer about your rechargables. I haven't messed with 18500's or 18650's yet.

Keep an eye on 4Sevens, as in the next month or so, he's supposed to be releasing a MCE based light in a real compact form factor.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #191 of 828
Damn you, Flashlight-Fi. The M30 is in my cart on Amazon. I need another flashlight like I need another headphone, but what flashlight guy in his right mind could not have 700 lumen in his arsenal?

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #192 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn you, Flashlight-Fi. The M30 is in my cart on Amazon. I need another flashlight like I need another headphone, but what flashlight guy in his right mind could not have 700 lumen in his arsenal?

You might want to wait a couple more weeks for 4Sevens.com to announce his new competition for the M30. I will probably out shine, out throw, have lower low, have longer battery life, superior beam profile, be smaller, and cost less than the M30. Then, you can always get both.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #193 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to wait a couple more weeks for 4Sevens.com to announce his new competition for the M30. I will probably out shine, out throw, have lower low, have longer battery life, superior beam profile, be smaller, and cost less than the M30. Then, you can always get both.

If that's the case I'll have to buy yet another light. Damn it.

Is there a link to this info I can read about?

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #194 of 828

Users who are viewing this thread

Back