Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Oct 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #196 of 828
Yay I got my other 18500 battery for my M30 today
biggrin.gif
Hopefully it'll last this time.

I read up on the 4Seven light a little, I like the form factor. I don't see it out throwing the M30 (which isn't even a thrower) because of the size of the head though, and there isn't a lumens rating on it yet.

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #198 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to buy another Fenix light.
My Solarforce failed when I wanted to use it (conductor was attacked by some scum)
My Fenix never failed me

You might want to check 4sevens.com and look at his (David's) Quark series flashlights. As much as I have liked Fenix, and I have a bunch of them, David's new Quark series lights seem to have outdone Fenix in that respective niche of the market. 1 and 2 cell pocket flashlights using AA or CR123 cells, and they are available in cool white (6000K) and Neutral White (4300K) LED tints. The neutral white tints are awesome!!

4Sevens Lights - 4Sevens.Com

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #200 of 828
Well, I'm really looking for a 18650 light which I can trust (I've let my Fenix fall while walking stairs to a concrete floor worked fine with little damage)
And I like a striking bezel (not too extreme)

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #201 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since 4sevens sells the Quark with and without the clip can I assume the clip is not removable?

The clips are removable on all of the Quarks except for the 1x123 size. That body is too short to support a removable clip so it can be ordered from 4Sevens with or without a clip. I the case of that 1x123, the clip is permanently affixed to the head of the light, or not, depending upon which way you buy it. I bought a 1x123 without the clip and a spare head for another $39.00US. So now I can choose to use the clip or not as I wish, even with the 1x123 light.

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #202 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm really looking for a 18650 light which I can trust (I've let my Fenix fall while walking stairs to a concrete floor worked fine with little damage)
And I like a striking bezel (not too extreme)

The Fenix TK-11 might be the best option for you then.

Also consider the Tiablo A-7, Nitecore DarkTort E1.0, and Olight M20.

I cannot, at this point recommend the EagleTac T20C2, which would otherwise also be a contender, as I just had a brand new unit fail without warning.

Good Luck!!

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #205 of 828
I have a Ra Clicky (170 lumen, tactical operation, flat switch), rundown is below.

+ Great UI
+ Great beam pattern (tight center, large flood, no ringing)
+ Good checkering
+ Ruggedized construction

- Middling lumens/runtime
- Crappy OEM clip
- Sub-par anodizing
- Barely acceptable tint

Good light, but there are quite a few compromises when compared to even cheaper lights. Still, it's my go to EDC light due to the excellent UI.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #207 of 828
Check out the newest offerings from 4Sevens.com

4Sevens Lights
  1. Quark Turbo
  2. Quark Mini
  3. Quark RGB
  4. Preon 1 & 2
  5. New one to be disclosed tomorrow...

BTW, all brightness specifications that David publishes for his lights are actual "Out The Front" lumens from an integrating sphere measurement. Most flashlight manufacturers publish output specs from LED manufacturer specs which are "at The Emitter" measurements, and do not take into account the losses imposed by reflector and lens of the light. The difference ranges from 35 to 45%. So a brand X light spec'd at 200lm, is actually putting out somewhere between 110lm and 130lm Out The Front. So remember that when comparing output specifications.

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #208 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Fenix TK-11 might be the best option for you then.

Also consider the Tiablo A-7, Nitecore DarkTort E1.0, and Olight M20.

I cannot, at this point recommend the EagleTac T20C2, which would otherwise also be a contender, as I just had a brand new unit fail without warning.

Good Luck!!

Well, I'm going to get a T20C2 next week, I'll see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back