Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Sep 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #166 of 828
BTW, here's illustration of neutral white LED vs. cool white led. Pictures are worth more than a thousand words in this case. Taken by HKJ of Candlepower Forums.

[size=medium]Neutral white[/size]
DSC_7595.jpg

[size=medium]Cool White[/size]
DSC_7598.jpg

[size=medium]Link to Original Thread @ CPF[/size]

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #167 of 828
I like the cool white better in your 2 picts. Used to be 10-15 years ago that in fluorescent lamps, a 4100k color temp was white blue and had a high CRI, now there are 4100k's that are still white blue but with CRI's all over the map. LED color temps and CRI's should be the same but they are not. US needs testing and spec standards for all types of lamps. Virtually impossible to compare apples to apples except in a lab.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #168 of 828
I was doing a repair in Philly yesterday and I was using my Streamlight Strion (140 lumens/bulb created), and was having difficulty finding a c-clip that fell into the instrument.
I broke out my new Fenix TK11 LED 240 lumens, and wow, I couldn't believe the difference!!!! Instead of a yellowish light with a hotspot and some reflectivity from the surrounding material, I had a pure white beam, equivalent to the whole yellow output of the Streamlight, that was nearly twice as bight!.
LED technology is going to change our world as we know it.

I'd like to get a dive light with this technology.

They have HID lights, but they are ridiculously expensive.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #169 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was doing a repair in Philly yesterday and I was using my Streamlight Strion (140 lumens/bulb created), and was having difficulty finding a c-clip that fell into the instrument.
I broke out my new Fenix TK11 LED 240 lumens, and wow, I couldn't believe the difference!!!! Instead of a yellowish light with a hotspot and some reflectivity from the surrounding material, I had a pure white beam, equivalent to the whole yellow output of the Streamlight, that was nearly twice as bight!.
LED technology is going to change our world as we know it.

I totally agree!!

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #170 of 828
I hope so but it is a slow change as far as residential and commercial light fixtures and lamps are concerned. Local utility recently launched a commercial lighting energy efficiency rebate program. The exact lamp types, ballasts and mfrs are specified in the program. Not a single LED lamp or mfr on the list and this is in the home state of CREE.

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #171 of 828
I know what you mean, but I haven't seen a SINGLE LED product on the market yet that I would buy for my home. I tried some years back buying a little desk lamp that had a grid of about 15 LED's. Half of them burned out before the first year was up.

Oops, I almost forgot. I bought my wife a reading lamp for the bedroom from IKEA that used a high power LED die behind some optics. I works great and we've had that for maybe two years. So, there's one LED home product I would endorse and buy again.

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #172 of 828
Only problem with multi LED arrays is the weird mutiple edge shadow they cast. They need serious diffusion to help avoid this issue. But there are some nice High CRI LED's out now, that look great. On the warm color side, but not nearly as warm color as incandescent.

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #173 of 828
I just got myself a Fenix TK-11 the other day and am extremely impressed! Haven't gotten to use it much yet but maybe tonight I'll go out and flash the neighbors
wink.gif

I've also got a Fenix P2D that i EDC and had a LOD last year, but lost it. Been needing to get a new one. I love Fenix as they offer excellent products at superb prices!

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #175 of 828
I have the Fenix 11 and it has become my new everyday work light. It blows away my Streamlights and the single rechargeable 186530 lasts a decent time, even at 240 lumens. All that, and the tactical edge will help me when leaving hospitals in scary neighborhoods at night, like Kings Count in Brooklyn.
The light is a nice pure white with little to none of a hotspot.

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #178 of 828
Are any of you guys aware of the soon coming Titanium Quarks from 4-7's?

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #179 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by r1n7r4h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Fenix TK-11 intrigues me.

The 11 is my everyday work flashlight. It looks like it would leave a nice mark on a face if ever need be.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #180 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are any of you guys aware of the soon coming Titanium Quarks from 4-7's?

I'm not familiar with them but they look like collectors editions of their current line.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Nitecore D10 or EX10 as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law. I might even get one for myself.
biggrin.gif

I got my L2T today. Low mode is comparable to the Mini-Mag but without the focus feature. High mode is WOW bright. I can't wait for the sun to go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back