FlaresPro/FlaresGold by Flare Audio
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #61 of 1,354
There are disadvantages to placing the port facing out. The external noise isolation is less. Have a pair of Bower & Wilkins C5 with open back mesh. They are fairly useless in noisy environments. I rarely listen to them. Placing port firing at ear is rough because they can be blocked. No free lunch.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #62 of 1,354
Ok I have just found these which I think are off of some dunus titan 3 that I broke, as you can see they have a large bore and after about 1 mins listening time there definitely not veiling the mids and detail seems better. I will listen for a while and compare .
If anybody recognises the tips can they let me know.

Could those be the regular Spinfits? If they have a slight spin to them, then that quite likely is them. They kinda look like Spinfits to me, but not the TwinBlade, obviously.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #63 of 1,354
Could those be the regular Spinfits? If they have a slight spin to them, then that quite likely is them. They kinda look like Spinfits to me, but not the TwinBlade, obviously.

They don't spin...think there off of some previous iem just can't remember which??? Anyway I will give them a better try tomorrow.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #64 of 1,354
Ok I have just found these which I think are off of some dunus titan 3 that I broke, as you can see they have a large bore and after about 1 mins listening time there definitely not veiling the mids and detail seems better. I will listen for a while and compare .
I think you are correct. I had a pair of Titans and kept the tips that fit me best and they look exactly like your pix. I tried them with my Flares but they don't fit me as well as the large Everydays and the UE900 large size tips. I have mostly been using the Everydays lately.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #66 of 1,354
I really would like to experiment with some tips but too paranoid taking off the audiophiles. I'll just wait til this pair wears out. Anyone have any recommendations as to which silicone tips I should try out after?

My recommendation without a doubt, is the Spinfit TwinBlade. They can be bought on Amazon, which is where I ordered my pair after waiting quite a few months to be able to buy them online from a U.S. seller. Prior to that, they seemed only to be sold in Asia, where one had a shipping fee over $30. My patience was well worth the wait, very rewarding.

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #67 of 1,354
Thanks for reminding me that I have got some wide nozzle tips that look exactly like yours, from the package that comes with the Trinity Audio Sabre. I never achieved a good deal with them on the Sabre, but they now work perfectly on the Flare Pro. They sound better than the original audiophile silicone as well, but I have not got the audiophile foam piece to compare to.

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #68 of 1,354
Thanks for reminding me that I have got some wide nozzle tips that look exactly like yours, from the package that comes with the Trinity Audio Sabre. I never achieved a good deal with them on the Sabre, but they now work perfectly on the Flare Pro. They sound better than the original audiophile silicone as well, but I have not got the audiophile foam piece to compare to.
Ahhh that's where they could of come from I have sabres too.

Aug 3, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #71 of 1,354
Only the tips that comes with the Sabre have the unique ribs under the umbrella.

They have the spiralled rb so looks like do They were off my sabre...they are pretty good though.
I recieved another pair of replacement audiophile foams to replace the ones I think split of there own accord.
Less than r24hours after email , good customer service.
So I have gone back to the foams, to scared to A/B with the sabre silicone.

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #72 of 1,354
Hi, Has anyone found a way to make the silicone tips sound more like the audiophile foam tips? ( Maybe like modding with a teabag or foam..etc) They are meant to have the same technology as the audiophile tips. Thanks

Aug 5, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #73 of 1,354
Hi, Has anyone found a way to make the silicone tips sound more like the audiophile foam tips? ( Maybe like modding with a teabag or foam..etc) They are meant to have the same technology as the audiophile tips. Thanks

I have modded tips in the past but not tried with these don't know how good the effect would be because of shape also still a bit experimental but I have used on some pinnacle p1s to achieve better bass with success , these are Howard leight max light earplugs but try others too...i think poss from experience a sliver I.e less than half of the depth of the earplug might help these, but as I say shape might make it unachievable .
Here's a pic of me making for another iem 20170527_072149.jpg

Aug 6, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #74 of 1,354
I have modded tips in the past but not tried with these don't know how good the effect would be because of shape also still a bit experimental but I have used on some pinnacle p1s to achieve better bass with success , these are Howard leight max light earplugs but try others too...i think poss from experience a sliver I.e less than half of the depth of the earplug might help these, but as I say shape might make it unachievable .
Here's a pic of me making for another iem

Thanks....I don't have the Howard earplugs at the moment but I would give it a try when I do. Does the foam stick to the silicone? (just wondering how it stays in place). Did you use the pen to get it the spiral shape?

Aug 6, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #75 of 1,354
Thanks....I don't have the Howard earplugs at the moment but I would give it a try when I do. Does the foam stick to the silicone? (just wondering how it stays in place). Did you use the pen to get it the spiral shape?

No but it doesn't move off of the bore , the earplugs are very cheap and I suggest trying a few different types it was just I had these to hand.
also on any tip do not overload they become like bullets And even though the ones I used are extremely light and great memory i still think the foam is a little too dense , I would suggest trying to find some with more air perforations hence still experimenting .
it might not work on the flares though because of there squarish shape.
Good luck if you experiment let me know how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back