Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Aug 7, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #2,971 of 3,098
uhu well I never bought anything on Kickstarter but I did preorder trinity iems. you get it sooner but you also need to wait for it to be made, lol

I like flare iem but Paul is too focuses on profit and tells customers not to make their iems. it's not like it's easy to make, plus it doesn't say anywhere that you shouldn't make one, plus I can't sell it cause it's not original flare iem I can only give it for free even though it sounds like 400 euro haha marketing

Why not take your DIY earphones to a new thread and see how many people are interested? Then you'll notice one has to market the earphones to attract business. Attracting business costs money hence why Flare Audio need to make profit, a common business model and good entrepreneur thinking.

Paul responding to a DIY project like yours on a dedicated Flare Audio only cost Flare Audio time and money. As a Flare Audio customer I want you to know that yoyr contribution to this thread is confusing and I can imagine even more so to potential buyers and new subscribers. It must be frustrating for Flare Audio to see your pseudo R2 pair and comments pop up in here.

Don't get me wrong and I don't want to offend you or hurt your feeling, I think it is very admirable to be able to make a pair of earphones like you did and without a doubt they sound good. Your comments and comparisons however are starting to annoy me, your phones do not belong on this thread because they simply ARE NOT Flare Audio IEMs.

Kindly asking you to start your own dedicated thread and get your acknowledgement over there instead of frequently hijacking the Flare Audio one. I for one like to read about the Flare Audio here, not your experiments I can't relate to nor can I replicate that sound or validate any resemblance to any of the Flare Audio products.

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #2,974 of 3,098
I also find interesting your experiments,@myemaildw. In fact i don't find it so confusing, i suppose that i trust a little bit more on the headfiers capacity to discern between Clark Kent and Superman when he takes out the glasses. From my point of view, it's unnecessary that you leave the thread. ¿Who puts the limits on what is a simple, acceptable mod and what a DIY transformation that steals the soul of the product? The brand? The owner?  Should, for example, @james444 leave the forum because of his excellent teabag or endcap mods?. And me and some others for replicating it?. Some mods have solved  different flaws from the different original products discussed on the different threads of this forum. In fact i find this active and questioning attitude one of the primary reasons of existence for these customer's forums. With it we grow together! 

I don't share this strong copyright spirit cutting the creativity of the customers although i understand the need to discuss it and the different positions expressed. I think that it's long ago that the relation between producers and customers stopped being monologic. Now we touch, modify and transform most of the things we buy, closing the cycle when some of the improvements (after being spread, for example, in this kind of buyers forums) are adopted by the producers on their next products. I understand, however, the worries from Flare Audio about not spreading confusing statements about a DIY IEM that only maintains the driver from their original product,  specially thinking about the newbies on the forum that haven't read before about the strong modding process that you are developing,  but i think that it could be easily solved being strict about clarifying always in your messages that your model is radically changed. From that basis each headfier can decide (and with it avoid annoying) wether he/she wants to read or not the progress of your Dr. Frankenstein's emulations with our beloved R2.

Of course the DIY new thread could be an option, but i hope that you don't find your self expelled from the thread because of your eccentric, but also legitimate, experiments with pieces of your own. They fairly share something, at least a little something, with the product that the others have here. But i suppose that's the point of the discussion, and, obviously, this is just my personal opinion about it, of course, as the rest of personal opinions we've read before.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #2,975 of 3,098
  I also find interesting your experiments,@myemaildw.

X3. Flare are selling the driver cable assembly separately, so I think it's perfectly legit to buy it for a DIY project, as long as you don't claim it's the real McCoy.

That said, considering the current pricing of £49 for the drivers and £99 for the R2A, I personally wouldn't bother about DIY.
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #2,976 of 3,098
I don't think many people have a problem with diy projects. But where do you draw the line? I think the issue is him commenting on how R2's sound, yet he's using an entirely different enclosure than what's intended. It would be similar to me taking the balanced armatures out of a set of etymotic er4's and putting them in my own, for example, acrylic mold and not using any kind of resistor and using that to compare to real er4's. At that point they're nothing like real er4's. Could they be awesome. Sure. They could. But unless you've got a "real" pair to compare to, you don't know. They're now you're own creation and deserve their own thread. At least imo.

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #2,979 of 3,098
@Paul Pabs  Will the full R2 range (R2A, R2S and R2PRO) as well as new products (e.g. Isolate and that new IEM in your post above, etc.) be available for listening or even purchasing at the coming CanJam?

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #2,981 of 3,098
  @Paul Pabs  Will the full R2 range (R2A, R2S and R2PRO) as well as new products (e.g. Isolate and that new IEM in your post above, etc.) be available for listening or even purchasing at the coming CanJam?

We will have the R2A Black and R2S at CanJam to purchase, plus the chance to listen and check out our brand new IEM's where will also be able to answer all your questions.

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #2,982 of 3,098

We will have the R2A Black and R2S at CanJam to purchase, plus the chance to listen and check out our brand new IEM's where will also be able to answer all your questions.

So attendees can only purchase but not try the R2A and R2S? And what about the R2PRO? I was just hoping that if you had the full R2 range there then a side by side comparison between them all can finally be made. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the brand new IEMs as well as meeting the Flare Audio team.

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #2,983 of 3,098
So attendees can only purchase but not try the R2A and R2S? And what about the R2PRO? I was just hoping that if you had the full R2 range there then a side by side comparison between them all can finally be made. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the brand new IEMs as well as meeting the Flare Audio team.

If for any reason Flare Audio R2A and R2Pro are not available for auditioning, you can try mine at CanJam (13+14)

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #2,984 of 3,098
If for any reason Flare Audio R2A and R2Pro are not available for auditioning, you can try mine at CanJam (13+14)

Thanks for the offer! I actually do have the R2A (which I'll be bringing with me), but am just curious to see for myself how much different it is compared to the R2S and R2PRO. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back