Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 22, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #2,956 of 3,098
My R2pro's started to malfunction (jack to be exact - of course) recently and I decided to send them for a repair...
Never have I had such an amazing customer service experience.

On Thursday I've received notification that package sent by me arrived at Flare headquarter. On the same day, after only 2 hours I've received e-mail from Flare stating that they've received and repaired my R2pro's and already send them back to me! Simply amazing. What's more they've changed the cable to mic version with cuff and much stronger jack. They throw in 2 pairs of new Comply's as well.

I was so pleased with new cable that I asked them whether they would change the cbale to mic version on my R2A's as well (even though they worked perfectly fine). Given that warranty for my R2A's has already expired I've also asked how much would it cost... Turns out they would gladly change that cable for me free of charge and once again throw in some Comply's.... Again the whole process took couple hours and my earphones were on their way to me the same day they've arrived ad Flare's headquarters.

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,958 of 3,098
I've just received my new cable. I hoped to find a little instruction about how to put the drivers into the iems. Does anyone have any warnings, tips, recommendations or there's no reason to be afraid and i can simply pull them till the end??

Thank you in advance for any answer...

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #2,959 of 3,098
Don't pull on the wires to get drivers out. Take tip off front of IEM. Carefully slide a rod in from the front and slowly shove driver out rear. Find a rod that is a little smaller than the hole in the earpiece. That way it is spreading the pressure over the whole front of driver grill. You don't want a sharp tool that could dent or puncture the grill attached to the front of the driver.

Good luck.

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #2,960 of 3,098
than
Don't pull on the wires to get drivers out. Take tip off front of IEM. Carefully slide a rod in from the front and slowly shove driver out rear. Find a rod that is a little smaller than the hole in the earpiece. That way it is spreading the pressure over the whole front of driver grill. You don't want a sharp tool that could dent or puncture the grill attached to the front of the driver.

Good luck.

Thanks!!

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #2,962 of 3,098
zuperdac, occ cable, flare iem is heaven, if I had fiio x7 dap

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #2,963 of 3,098
gtrx333 you are lucky! The washing machine isn't a great place for earphones. So this means the Flare driver isn't paper coned? Hope there aren't any long term rust issues. 
Thanks for the report.

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #2,964 of 3,098
Someone stopped by Flare and listened to the new improved R2's coming in Sept. and posted this on twitter:

Had the pleasure of visiting @flareaudio last week and seeing/hearing their new earphones/ IEMs - wowsers! Due out September
I had a preview of their new IEMs and they look and sound amazing! Seriously clear and so well balance. Kickstarter campain = Sept

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #2,967 of 3,098
@holden4th
I'm sure the link to the kickstarter page will be posted when they announce it.  You can create a login to the kickstarter web site, and can back any project that are placed on it.  Keep in mind, you may not get the product promised from every kickstarter project posted, as these are entrepreneurs that are looking for capital to fund projects, and many don't make it to production, or run into problems.  Most well known companies that put up kickstarters will follow through with successful products.  
https://www.kickstarter.com/

Here is Flare's kickstarter page for the Isolate product.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584645150/isolate-switch-off-your-ears?ref=nav_search

Aug 4, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #2,969 of 3,098
Another thing to realise though from the last kickstarter (my first one) is that the headphones become readily available afterwards both new and secondhand from people on here etc etc etc. I think that joining the kickstarter is exciting and all but only really gets you the product sooner than other people, doesn't necessarily bring you any other benefits. By waiting a few more months you can get the opinions from kickstarter participants first before putting the money forward. And even with the kickstarter discount of last time, over time you could get the same prices from retailers online (just like 6 months down the line).

Personally, I will take part in it because I can afford to and there's a sense of pride in taking part and pledging the money to make sure the launch goes smoothly (and of course to get the as soon as possible).

Judging by that twitter comment, I can see a lot of original R2s being sold on ! I wonder what Flare will do with all their old stock - I see from Flare's twitter feed that the GB Women's Olympic cycling team are all using R2 Pros for their focus/relaxing time between races.. a great bit of marketing that I think, whilst probably quite realistically giving them a slight advantage, due to isolation and sound quality that's only going to enhance that focus time.

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #2,970 of 3,098
uhu well I never bought anything on Kickstarter but I did preorder trinity iems. you get it sooner but you also need to wait for it to be made, lol

I like flare iem but Paul is too focuses on profit and tells customers not to make their iems. it's not like it's easy to make, plus it doesn't say anywhere that you shouldn't make one, plus I can't sell it cause it's not original flare iem I can only give it for free even though it sounds like 400 euro haha marketing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back