Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Nov 9, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #2,312 of 3,098
_____

I would like to know also. I'm planning on getting snug tips also. I have an appointment a week from tomorrow to have the impressions made. So if anyone has any comments feel free to share.

Update:

Snugs sent me a new pair - based on a new mould - and the left ear seals well, but not the right ear, so there's a huge bass drop at present.

At the same time I had new snugs for my Ety ER4's and these fit perfectly and sound as good (if not a tad better) as the P-series comply's I was using. So I can heartily recommend customs if the fit and seal is right.

So. Once the fit is resolved, I'm still expecting great things. I've contacted Snugs and am currently waiting on their response.

I'll let you all know how things progress.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #2,313 of 3,098
There is a review of Flare R2Pro in balanced drive on the Pono website. The reviewer is working with Flare to get Pono certification. The cables are prototypes. Well worth the read. It is in the Flare thread. The R2Pro balanced are going to sound great with the PonoPlayer.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #2,314 of 3,098
Second round of Snugs done. They listened to all feedback I gave them about the sharp treble response and the cable being strained and fixed or mitigated them all. Very happy with them now 
cool.gif

\
Comparison between old (bottom) and new (top). They stick out less but have a longer sound tube.

The cable is still a little strained but nowhere as much as before.

Glamour shot.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #2,317 of 3,098
Good to hear the more positive reviews of the custom tips. However I have bought a 5pk of p-series tips. Guess I'll wait until I've used a set or two and then order the custom tips. Thanks again.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #2,318 of 3,098
I've settled with this  frankenstein myself for now http://i.imgur.com/PYbm1qZ.jpg (with T200-equivalent cheap Chinese foam, de-cored). Found out that smaller housings don't always mean better as it stays still MUCH better in my ears this way (and seals better too!).

This is one IEM that I will never sell, I just wish female vocal was more prominent and it'd be my endgame. :D

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #2,319 of 3,098
I've settled with this  frankenstein myself for now http://i.imgur.com/PYbm1qZ.jpg (with T200-equivalent cheap Chinese foam, de-cored). Found out that smaller housings don't always mean better as it stays still MUCH better in my ears this way (and seals better too!).

This is one IEM that I will never sell, I just wish female vocal was more prominent and it'd be my endgame. :D

This is the R2 thread, I don't see any in this pic....oh wait, that cable looks just like the one on my R2 :lol:

Frankenstein?
Looks like Disney Big Hero Twins under the Northern Sky :biggrin:

On a serious note: looks comfortable. My R2Pro didn't stay put like I wanted, adding Antiloop concha locks did the job for me. Not planning on selling mine either, enjoying them every day, hard to beat these little babies :wink:

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #2,320 of 3,098
This is the R2 thread, I don't see any in this pic....oh wait, that cable looks just like the one on my R2 :lol:

Frankenstein?
Looks like Disney Big Hero Twins under the Northern Sky
biggrin.gif

On a serious note: looks comfortable. My R2Pro didn't stay put like I wanted, adding Antiloop concha locks did the job for me. Not planning on selling mine either, enjoying them every day, hard to beat these little babies
wink.gif

Can I ask where you got your Antiloop concha locks? Been looking for something similar for my R2s - cheers.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #2,322 of 3,098
I'm consistently amazed by just how good the R2Pros are. So coherent, so effortless, so transparent, such an accurate sound stage. And that bass, perfectly in control, but can get so deep and impactful when needed.

If only they didn't force me to be a comply junkie.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #2,323 of 3,098
http://aurisonics.com/store/

The ones listed here are white, should be available in black too, mine are black

Ah thank you for this. I almost asked you how the heck did you fit deers on your R2 since that's what I got from searching "antiloop".
tongue.gif

The Frankenstein foams in my not-R2 actually get pushed inside the ear holes which really helps sealing better. Those antiloops look quite interesting but I'm pretty satisfied with these config now, the only thing left I want to do with the R2 is recabling it.

I just think that Flare should collaborate with Estron and bundle their driver replacements or R2s with Linum cables, probably would sell a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back