Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Nov 27, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #2,343 of 3,098
Got my Pro's today. Did not expect so amazing sound out of these small ones. Perfectly matched with my Vantam. Spinfit tips also fit 
wink.gif

The stock cable is needed to be replaced...the weakest part

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,344 of 3,098
Wow spinfits really sound good on the R2Pros. Sound to my ears a little fuller with more lower mids than the complys.

I tried the Spiral dots on the R2As and hated them - too thin and bright, and so I had given up on anything except expensive complys.

Any risk not having the filter and leaving the driver exposed?

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #2,351 of 3,098
  Have you tried them was thinking of purchasing them very interested!

Ostry is on my R2Pro's by default. Here's a piece of what I wrote on the 1964ADEL thread:

Ostry OS series (OS100, OS200, OS300  ~$10 a pair including postage)
The Ostry tips resemble the SpinFit silicon tips soundwise and optically. In addition they have a metal mesh/filter supporting the soundtube and pre-shaping the nozzle to preventing its edges from hitting your ear canal.  To my ears the metal mesh/filter doesn’t affect the sound therefore preventing the nozzle from clogging up as a bonus.
The OS series come in three versions each offering different levels of ‘sibilance control’. 
  1. OS100 - lowest impact on sound : smallest reduction of sibilance (blue)
  2. OS200 - medium impact  (red)
  3. OS300 - highest impact on sound : largest reduction of sibilance (black)
I found that the OS200 resembles matches the Saroundbi SpinFit Donguri and OS300 is between Muse SpinFit and Sony Hybrids. My personal preference is the OS200

Edit: >>here's the original post<<

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #2,354 of 3,098
Teabag works great, still I prefer Ostry and have no trouble with the small metal plate as it helps me fixate them better, don't perceive any artificial bass either. As you said YMMV
wink.gif

I tried the Tea bag mod not my cup of tea lol sorry just had to. But Judging by your comments, I think the Ostry OS100's might work as I don't seem to be very treble sensitive after the Dunu 2000? Wierd they may have damaged my hearing don't even listen to them loud! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back