Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 10, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #1,156 of 3,098
Congratulations to every one thats got their iems.
I had a scheduled delivery date sent through to me by ups, said they would be delivered yesterday 9th of july. Took an extra days annual leave as no one was in to recieve it. Waited in all day and.. No delivery. Phoned UPS according to them they hadn't even recieved the package from flare!?! Seriously pissed off i phone flare, however no chance of getting them yesterday and im off on holiday today :mad::mad:

Jul 10, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #1,157 of 3,098
Congratulations to every one thats got their iems.
I had a scheduled delivery date sent through to me by ups, said they would be delivered yesterday 9th of july. Took an extra days annual leave as no one was in to recieve it. Waited in all day and.. No delivery. Phoned UPS according to them they hadn't even recieved the package from flare!?! Seriously pissed off i phone flare, however no chance of getting them yesterday and im off on holiday today :mad::mad:

It was not Flare's fault - UPS email you initially when Flare produce the UPS shipping label,not when it has been collected physically. If you check the email tracking link, it will show the progress of the package and whether it has been collected or not. Once it gets collected then UPS revise the estimated delivery date accordingly. This happened to me - initial email had 9th for delivery, but it wasn't collected until yesterday so I am due to receive today.

That's just the way the system works - no offence, but you perhaps should have looked into it a bit further before taking the day off.

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,161 of 3,098
It was not Flare's fault - UPS email you initially when Flare produce the UPS shipping label,not when it has been collected physically. If you check the email tracking link, it will show the progress of the package and whether it has been collected or not. Once it gets collected then UPS revise the estimated delivery date accordingly. This happened to me - initial email had 9th for delivery, but it wasn't collected until yesterday so I am due to receive today.

That's just the way the system works - no offence, but you perhaps should have looked into it a bit further before taking the day off.

No offence taken, you're opinion on what i should of done means very little to me :wink:
Silver lining though, ive now got a set of acs evoke universals to enjoy on holiday :D

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #1,163 of 3,098
Can anyone adivse me how I can tell if my pair are Titanium or Steel? Don’t seem to be any markings anywhere... OCD worrying that someone may have packed the wrong pair into my box lol..

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,165 of 3,098
Jul 10, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #1,166 of 3,098
just got my R2As.

Man these things are tiny and feel delicate!  Knowing my left handed clumsiness, give me a week and I'll either have lost or broken them.

The splitter is a bit bizarre but its fine if worn over ear.

As for sonics:

Easy enough to drive from my HTC One M8, so that's great. I don't use amps or those fancy frankengadgets a lot of you use for portable listening, just my (rather ace) smartphone. The R2As get loud enough for me simply plug and played, so that's cool.

Using Comply - needs more treble or air.  Very relaxing natural sound, but slightly veiled, a bit claustrophobic. Plus I hate the squishy faff of these things, always have. That and the fact that they show you just how much gunk you have in your canals every time you remove them. So uh, fail on these for me.

Using some average medium silicones  - yeah that's more like it. Extremely non-fatiguing, easy to listen to, very natural sounding in tonality, up-front vocals and instruments, all where you think they should be . 

Quality noise.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #1,168 of 3,098
Can anyone adivse me how I can tell if my pair are Titanium or Steel? Don’t seem to be any markings anywhere... OCD worrying that someone may have packed the wrong pair into my box lol..

Oh let me help!

I asked the same question as well because I am..........yes....I admit it! I am OCD as well!

The official answer I got from the nice people at Flare is that the Titanium is shinier than the Steel version, which is supposed to have a brushed metal sort of look.
Not every helpful info, eh?
That's what I thought.  It's a subjective piece of information.
Without a Steel version with me right now, I am not comfortable judging if my Titanium is shin-IER than an imagined Steel piece.

And they assured me that a rigorous process was put in place to ensure swapping a Titanium for a Steel version is not going to happen during packing.

I know that probably isn't going to be very comforting for you at all, but that's the best I got and I'm passing that along to you.  Whatever I've got.

PEACE OUT MY FELLOW OCD-BRO!

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #1,169 of 3,098
  Oh let me help!

I asked the same question as well because I am..........yes....I admit it! I am OCD as well!

The official answer I got from the nice people at Flare is that the Titanium is shinier than the Steel version, which is supposed to have a brushed metal sort of look.
Not every helpful info, eh?
That's what I thought.  It's a subjective piece of information.
Without a Steel version with me right now, I am not comfortable judging if my Titanium is shin-IER than an imagined Steel piece.

And they assured me that a rigorous process was put in place to ensure swapping a Titanium for a Steel version is not going to happen during packing.

I know that probably isn't going to be very comforting for you at all, but that's the best I got and I'm passing that along to you.  Whatever I've got.

PEACE OUT MY FELLOW OCD-BRO!

The easier part, compare the stainless steel and titanium with the cufflink and post the image here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back