Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Mar 15, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #2,641 of 3,098
r2a just sounds terrific, second best is ve monk only 7 euro and sounds that good, im still surprised. i didnt realise it at first, maybe driver flexed out or i got used to its sound.

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #2,642 of 3,098
  They are brilliant with Mojo! R2Pros are my first (and initially intended as last ) hifi iem-s, but I have a feeling that head fi madness is just beginning.

P.S. They sound good from iPhone 6, Xperia obviously has inferior output.

Grats!

I'm the opposite of you, after trying many things while still having the R2, I just don't feel that there would be any who match them unless they use the same tech. I almost wish Flare licenses the tech so distortion-free headphones become the norm.

My advice is not to sell your current gear before getting new ones if possible, and if you don't like the new ones upon first listen, try to acclimate yourself with the new sound first, and if you still don't like the new sound then at least you still have your old gears to fall back to.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #2,643 of 3,098
Do yourself a favour and get the Mojo to pair with your Pros. There's not much more you'd want then and bettering that would imply thousands more spent on gear. Onkyo DP-X1 is also great with the Pros. I've got Oppo PM3 and TH-X00s as well and while they sound great with both Mojo and dp-x1, the Pros are the best. That's why I'm investing in custom Snugs ear buds, hoping to get the best possible out Of these titanium little wonders.

Just got my ear canal impressions done! It looks like this is my lucky day as the custom ear buds will be made locally here in Adelaide, so I can do some adjustments if needed. The price is great as well, $160 including the impressions, some $100 cheaper and 3-4 times faster than going with Snugs. Don't wanna advertise yet, let's see how they turn up next week.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #2,644 of 3,098
Custom fit tips seem interesting.  I'm currently using spinfit tips which are great.  Don't really like the stock cable (or that awful heavy Y-splitter).  Looking to get them recabled maybe but need to find a reputable person to do it.

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #2,645 of 3,098
I just can't get proper seal in my left year with any size comply foam tips for some reason. I was hurting my ear constantly pushing and shoving g the dams thing. Hope custom tips work well, the IEMs deserve this upgrade.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #2,646 of 3,098
I just can't get proper seal in my left year with any size comply foam tips for some reason. I was hurting my ear constantly pushing and shoving g the dams thing. Hope custom tips work well, the IEMs deserve this upgrade.

To my ears custom tips cut/shorten treble extension. That was on the z5, eq-8, and I tried them on R2Pro.
Have you tried Spinfit tips? To me this the best option so far http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a5/a561139b_2015-12-2710-34-502.jpeg.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #2,647 of 3,098
Spinfits are on their way from Singapore. Problem is, IEMs are with the earbuds manufacturer, Will try them both late next week.
I'm not concerned about treble that much, what I want is bass and comfort. Mids are always great with the Pros. If customs are not good, I'll simply convert them into musician ear plugs to use for live gigs, so no money loss there :)

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #2,648 of 3,098
  Spinfits are on their way from Singapore. Problem is, IEMs are with the earbuds manufacturer, Will try them both late next week.
I'm not concerned about treble that much, what I want is bass and comfort. Mids are always great with the Pros. If customs are not good, I'll simply convert them into musician ear plugs to use for live gigs, so no money loss there :)

In my experience, spinfits seem to put out less bass since they don't offer as much isolation as other types of tips.  I'm still struggling to find IEM tips that are exactly perfect for myself though I really enjoy the spinfits for comfort.  Maybe its time to go custom again?

For those of you guys who still use these awesome things, what tips do you guys like best?  I have actually never used the comply foam before on any of my IEM's so maybe its something to try out?

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,649 of 3,098
Acrylic custom tips arrived. Quite different to Snugs but they sound great and are extremely comfortable. Hard case included in the price, too! Base is so nice, I almost lost a couple of fillings listening to Khalifa's On My Level. Highs don't see to be affected, probably because acrylic is hard and does not absorbed them as silicone might. The headphones seem to stick out quite a bit but they're shooting straight through the large bore hole at the bottom. Very happy with the result so far.
8fa0462dc63208aeafddd7ed4cf6a570.jpg
3818895e683b09cf3bef04394f36b9fd.jpg
33e4b849a8fe07a1a0bed43d20ab6bb8.jpg
4a66b308ca29c731267c90e4a1641856.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back