Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jan 4, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #2,476 of 3,098
  Just a heads up, Amazon has the R2As (orange) for USD 150 and the R2S for 220.

Someone needs to buy the S's and compare them here!

I doubt there's anything that can touch the R2As at 150.

I bought the R2S, they are on their way now. And I have the R2Pro but need to fix them first

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #2,477 of 3,098
Kinda interested in R2S, just bought Cardas A8 but it's a bit too warm for me, moreso if you directly compare it to R2Pro.

Looks like this will be the endgame for me, at least until Flare makes a successor, if they ever.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #2,478 of 3,098
To me, Flare absolutely nailed these sonically and size/fit wise.

They just need to make a v2 with better cables and maybe come up with more durable tips then Complys that get the same sound and comfort.

And reprice them more along with the lines of what Amazon is selling them for.

R2A - 200 USD 
R2S - 300 USD 
R2Pro - 450 USD

Or something like that. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #2,479 of 3,098
With better build, pricing and marketing, there's no reason these shouldn't sell huge. 

They've got exceptional bass but audiophile balance to go along with a great small form factor. 

Edit: One factor preventing mass appeal may be that they're a little hard to drive.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #2,480 of 3,098
Kinda interested in R2S, just bought Cardas A8 but it's a bit too warm for me, moreso if you directly compare it to R2Pro.

Looks like this will be the endgame for me, at least until Flare makes a successor, if they ever.

I have tried the AK T8ie - R2pro is a winner to me.

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #2,481 of 3,098

And reprice them more along with the lines of what Amazon is selling them for.

R2A - 200 USD 
R2S - 300 USD 
R2Pro - 450 USD

Or something like that. 

This IS Flare Audio selling them at this price - the only ones available on Amazon are being sold by Flare Audio.

Stocked and shipped by Amazon for delivery fulfillment and logistics but not being sold by Amazon direct in any way - standard practice for most commercial brands.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,482 of 3,098
why are these 16 ohms and not that loud?

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #2,486 of 3,098
At the current $221 price for the R2S-SS, is there anything that can compete with these? Any better alternatives?

Thanks

In my opinion, ACS Evoke, the single BA driver universal is a good alternative to the r2pro.
So if r2pro is supposed to be better than r2ss, it might be a possible contender.
But that's just me

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2,488 of 3,098
In my opinion, ACS Evoke, the single BA driver universal is a good alternative to the r2pro.
So if r2pro is supposed to be better than r2ss, it might be a possible contender.
But that's just me

Well ACS Evoke is a single BA. They should sound differently from a single dynamic driver, especially in the lows.
All single BA Ortofon IEMs (e-q5, e-q8) do sound very different from R2 Series, at least. I like the e-q8 but it can not provide the weight and the body to the bass since BA is BA.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #2,489 of 3,098
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

I will be purchasing my first pair of $100+ IEM's soon and I have been researching the Flare R2A and Trinity Delta models specifically. I am wondering if some of you who have listened to both pairs to some extent could give a quick rundown of the two and comparison, as well as a recommendation. I mainly listen to electronic music and appreciate quality bass. I have the option to purchase the Flare R2A ORG anodized orange aluminum pair from Amazon for $150 and the Trinity Delta V2 from Trinity's website for a $100 pre-order payment. At these prices, which pair has the best price per quality? If you believe that there are better options than these, I would love to hear about them and why you believe they are better. I would like to spend $100-$150, but I am willing to spend up to $200 or possibly a little more if there is a pair that is thought to be truly exceptional. 

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
Brandon 

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #2,490 of 3,098
I can't speak with any authority, but my Aluminum R2B's are just magic. Mine are a little modded, a I use (insertless) no rubber core cheap memory foam tips and push them back past the standard flange back to the cable over the main body.
Looks like a foam tip with a cable but I enjoy the sound more with the while body deeper in my ear canal.

I hope you get your comparison but I can recommend Flares as a good purchase.
Good luck
Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back