Flare Audio R2PRO Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #47 of 54
It appears that Flare will in future be offering their own memory foam tips.

On the comments page of their Isolate Kickstarter I asked "Given that Earfoams last longer than other memory foam tips, have you considered producing tips suitable for use with your R2A and R2Pro earphones?" And received the reply "Watch this space Nigel... :wink:".

Note that the Earfoams are the memory foam tips used on the Flare Isolate earplugs and they had stated that they had a long life of about four months.

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #48 of 54
The earbuds I'm using with my own R2S are the silicone tips (L size) of my RHA-T10: no sibilance, wider soundstage, mids and bass very they should be and highs no longer subdued

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #50 of 54
Also from the can jam London a new V2 in the works.... Flare never got the recognition the sound they produce deserves... Interesting times ....

Definitely right you are
smily_headphones1.gif

I use them with my Mojo or with my Oppo HA-2 + Fostex HP-V1 rig.......pure joy

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #51 of 54
Just picked up the PRO version for £182 at an online store. Old stock, but new IEMs. I use them with Mojo, and due to their small size they fit in my old ACS custom sleeves perfectly. This natural and balanced sound is just fabulous. A bargain for this price. Even coming from the Nighthawk I can appreciate the R2pro's natural sound. Such a relief after the A8's boosted fun approach.   

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #52 of 54
Hi, I know these are no longer being made but I am trying to get some reference points to iems that I know presumably the sound of the new ones will be similar.
I read some reviews which said the price was too high for what these offer but then they often seem to be available at half price...
Important for me: how is the 3d sound stage does it sound out of the head? And midrange and bass? I am not neccessarily a basshead I care about the whole package nonrecessed or veiled mids but its nice if the bass is there...
How do these compare to iems from for example sennheiser ie series earsonic or monster/
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO,
GREETINGS, ANOUK,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back