Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #197 of 544
@Xioxiax: At the time of introducing the concept version I was told exactly that. Along the way, and based on their experience with crowdfunding platforms, they have probably made their final decision not to go that route before putting them up for pre-order on the website.

From the looks of it, it seems they now want to rely on music industry references first rather than crowdfunding or forum word to mouth/beta testing (not aware of anyone who did report a test in here). To be honest I was surprised to see the introduction email today.

Happy for Flare Audio and the audio community another great product is introduced that will reflect Davies' view on natural sound

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #200 of 544
400€!!!

I never expected to buy a pro version, it's not in my budget. I like my r2a and wanted their evolution, specially because of durability (they were unacceptably weak and Flare has stopped providing new cables, letting die the product) that's why i waited (not buying another models to save money) since they were expected to launch in september 2016. I also expected some discount for early birds, nothing created by my imagination, that's what they transmitted informally and Jobbing told us in his generous first post. I quote:

"The indicated regular Kickstarter pledge level will be discounted off the expected MRSP. In addition, a limited number of FLARES® pairs (of all three versions) - commonly known as “Early Bird” rewards - will be made available at a special discount to those backing the project first, as a gesture of appreciation of the involvement of the Kickstarter and Head-Fi community."

So i'll wait to see if there are more news, but for the moment i feel tricked. There are worse things in life, however...

don't be a grump! :)

Davis from flare told me that they wouldn't be discounted and if they did it kickstarter it would be for early bird access only. The OP implied the discount and it was a guess from him I would think, or go the wrong end of the stick maybe. You have to keep check on your own reactions to what you read.

I didn't mention it because it realise that it is up to Flare to do what they want and talking about things as if they are true often causes disgruntlement on enthusiast forums for some reason..

These pros are less than was hinted so I'd be expecting the base model to be a game changer at the price - point. That seemed to be the commercial plan at around spring last year , competing with the big guns on sound but at a mass market price!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #201 of 544
good job for flare but it's too pricey for me.

i was hoping cheaper versions honestly. 400 euro is too steep.

I'm 99% sure there will . Hold on in there!

Good move releasing the all-singing, all dancing model first for all the fan boys and girls.

Never thought I'd be one too but here I am having placed my order for the pro as soon as I saw the email. Phone was on 3% it was touch and go... Phone died just as the order placed confirmation page was loading !

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #202 of 544
Not so much information on the website, where is the spec?
That's great that they go balance now but where is the balanced termination then? I see a 3.5 mm jack only. Very very strange....

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #206 of 544
Too rich for my blood. That is over $750. These would have to be far better sounding than my R2Pro. Have zero use for the dac blu tooth box. Too limited resolution. I have 24/192 and DSD. Very surprised they are using mmcx to hook to the box. Many aren't fans of mmcx for reliability.

All I wanted was ability to go balanced to PonoPlayer. Still don't see a balanced cable offered in package. So even more money required. They said they will offer a model without balanced option for less. Then I am back to the same thing I have now.

Looks like a nice package, but doesn't fit my needs. Wish Flare luck.

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #210 of 544
To the first happy owners – could please guys make a comparison with any Balanced Armature IEMs at the same price range to understand how the Flares Pro perform in terms of instrument separation and details retrieval?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back