:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015!
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #106 of 838
If I remember correctly, there is a string of very cheap hotels in Tavistock Place, close to Russell Square tube. Not the greatest hotels, but cheap and so central. Been 10+ years since I stayed there so who knows what might have changed.

I found a map online and started going away from the venue and clicking on the links until I found a hotel that was reasonable

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #108 of 838
Bought my ticket!

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. I would have liked to attend the Cambridge event but - for most people who live elsewhere in the UK - travelling to London is a far easier option.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #109 of 838
I think I would be able to make it! 2 hours flight to London is piece of cake 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #110 of 838
The Cambridge meet venue (Bar Hill Village Hall) has good access to the M11 (Southern) and the A1(M) (Northern) via the A14. Plus there's a direct train from London. So it's not too difficult travelling to Cambridge. 

Quote:
  Bought my ticket!

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. I would have liked to attend the Cambridge event but - for most people who live elsewhere in the UK - travelling to London is a far easier option.

Apr 20, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #111 of 838
I think the Cambridge and London meets are somehow complementary:
The CanJam meet is more likely to attract manufacturers so there will be a lot of new gear on display.
The Cambridge meet is limited to a few corporate sponsors so you'll have more hobbyists showcasing their own gear.
The gear and overall vibe of both meets are going to be very different, so it's worth attending both.

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #112 of 838
Any keen headfier should jump at the chance for a meet. Where else is there a chance to get together and share your hobby with like minded people who understand, who will let you listen to equipment they don't even want to see to you who you can talk to for hours about geeky stuff without their eyes glazing over. The place where stuff you'd never get to see let alone hear where new stuff is introduced new friends are made new ideas are exchanged. There's not a long face to be seen anywhere! Truly, the meets are the absolute highlight of being a member of headfi bar none. This is the time when you can take a hobby which by it's very nature is about being isolated , and share it with tons of others! So getto Cambridge and then get to London. Either or both meets will be a highlight of 2015.

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #114 of 838
Here's a suggestion : Could CanJam representatives talk with Tidal representatives to at least supply like temporary free subscription for that weekend for the people who would like to display their rig? Cause not everyone is familiar with everyone else's music collection, which can still be used, and Tidal can provide a solution for people to kinda use their own music? Thoughts?

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #115 of 838
Or Qobuz
  Here's a suggestion : Could CanJam representatives talk with Tidal representatives to at least supply like temporary free subscription for that weekend for the people who would like to display their rig? Cause not everyone is familiar with everyone else's music collection, which can still be used, and Tidal can provide a solution for people to kinda use their own music? Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back