:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #182 of 433
  I forgot to try the RHA 500i did anybody like them?

Unfortunately my ears were all taken by the T20 
redface.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #183 of 433
snip

The technology is only a few years old

Actually, I think they just introduced it at CES this year.  I'm looking forward to it becoming more ubiquitous.  I don't like having to pay for impressions every time...

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #184 of 433
And it should have a lot more coverage than it does currently.

It is not a matter of coverage but a number of things has to come together. Remember it is not just the audiologist who needs the scanning equipment and data backups, but also the iem manufacturer who needs to have the end support for 3D printing. Even now on the Snugs site chances are is that a recommended local audiologist is probably still using silicone moulds
Actually, I think they just introduced it at CES this year.  I'm looking forward to it becoming more ubiquitous.  I don't like having to pay for impressions every time...

Was referring to the first startups, not implementation by individual firms. Yes 3D scanning tech can only be a good thing

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #186 of 433
It is not a matter of coverage but a number of things has to come together. Remember it is not just the audiologist who needs the scanning equipment and data backups, but also the iem manufacturer who needs to have the end support for 3D printing. Even now on the Snugs site chances are is that a recommended local audiologist is probably still using silicone moulds
Was referring to the first startups, not implementation by individual firms. Yes 3D scanning tech can only be a good thing

I ordered some full shell sleeves for my IE8's. More out of interest than anything.
I'm curious as to how good a fit they achieve. Having had many problems with traditional impressions.
The file apparently goes to US for printing ATM. although Snuggs plan to get a machine in UK.
If they get into position to have a scanner and printer in the Richer Sounds outlets they are partnering with this might become a less niche product. Exciting times.
There are bound to be teething problems but this has to be the way forward.
Snuggs are looking for investment. Crowd funding. Could be well worth a punt.

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #187 of 433
  I forgot to try the RHA 500i did anybody like them?

I personally found them just a touch too bright for my taste. The bass and mids are fine though. I would recommend it to other people searching for a starting iem who appreciates some brightness but its just not for me.

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #189 of 433
  Unfortunately my ears were all taken by the T20 
redface.gif

I was impressed with the RHA T20, though it was very good in its price point, and I have always likes that shape of IEM, fits comfortably in my ear. I thought the Hifiman 650 DAP was impressive, aswell as the hifiman HE400s. Pendulumic's wireless headphones sounded good. 

I found the Chord Hugo seminar very, very interesting, and I thoroughly enjoyed Mr Speakers.

The ether C's were just amazing.

On a side note, does anyone know how to attain the canjam attendee bade on head-fi? :wink:

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #191 of 433
I ordered some full shell sleeves for my IE8's. More out of interest than anything.
I'm curious as to how good a fit they achieve. Having had many problems with traditional impressions.
The file apparently goes to US for printing ATM. although Snuggs plan to get a machine in UK.
If they get into position to have a scanner and printer in the Richer Sounds outlets they are partnering with this might become a less niche product. Exciting times.

The headwear and scanner seems v. similar to that of the company Ultimate Ears have paired with. Wonder if same company (link)

Speaking of which it would be killer if there was a 2016 show and UE were in attendance.

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #192 of 433
The headwear and scanner seems v. similar to that of the company Ultimate Ears have paired with. Wonder if same company (link)

Speaking of which it would be killer if there was a 2016 show and UE were in attendance.

I noticed ACS were using a scanner which looked identical to Snuggs.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #193 of 433
Thanks everyone for your excellent impressions of this event.

If possible could anyone provide further information regarding the Pioneer SE-Master 1 e.g what amp source used plus music files used flac etc. preferences with amp/dacs sources used.

Also any impressions between the pioneers & HE1000 & Ethers, T1v2 would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #194 of 433
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back