:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #61 of 433
So i went pass the viva stand and saw something which i did not expect, which was the Kennerton Odin.

So i decided to give it a go, one thing i noticed was the weight of the headphones which i put them on which seemingly disappeared, concering how heavy they were from rumors. Comparing the Odin to the lcd 3 i have to say i much prefered the odin. Lcd 3 just proved to be congested to me, with it's weights trying to give my neck a workout. Odin had nice punchy bass, better transparency with much fuller vocals compared to the lcd 3.

Did not really compare it to the abyss with such short time but Odin is something i think everyone should listen to.

Would agree they were a surprise....initially more impressive than lcd3...but I think they were less balanced and cohesive....with a good listen...how much are they? Ps the Viva stand had the most impressive desk top sound of the day to me and with my own phones...

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #66 of 433
^ Great day 1 pics Jude. 
smily_headphones1.gif

It was so nice to see you today - thank you for such a welcoming greeting!

See you in a few hours!

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #67 of 433
Today I had the chance, the privilege to test what may be the best headphone available closed ! The closed Ether, impact, definition, wide soudstage, neutrality, made hight level, easy to drive ... blah blah blah .... This headphone is truly spectacular, for me the Ether is very good but my PMX2 is already there. In contrast the Ether closed is really the King with the new Kennerton Odin ! Of course, the price of Odin is not the same but even that's 2 new headphone that will be tested before any new investment !

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #68 of 433
Any show offers going on the alpha primes or ability to buy in £? You can only seem to get them from mr speakers europe in euros and even then they are on sale cheaper on the us site 950 euro vs $799.99

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #70 of 433
One last comment...big thumbs up to the very cheap and new Fostex range...especially the rp50mk3....

I can't describe how much I would like you to elaborate on this.... I have been debating ordering T50RPmk3s from the UK or Canada (I'm in the states) for about a week now.

Please! 

Which reminds me... I need to PM LFF about turning mk3s into Paradox...

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #71 of 433
London has been great so far, and meeting all of the Head-Fi'ers in person that I have previously only seen on my screen of choice, is a true blessing.

If interested, I posted one of my experiences on the way to London, in the "(Q11) (S5) A 39,000 foot comparison" section of my Questyle Audio QP1R review.

Cheers!

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #72 of 433
i must catch up with you moedawg140, feel kinda bad that we've bumped into each other twice and then I've had to run away...

(Guess that confirms FWIW that I'll be going again later today:))

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #74 of 433
So this was the first time that I had the opportunity to go to an event like this. I was in doubts yesterday morning about attending but oh boy, did I make the right decision in going.

First of all, the venue and people. The Russell Hotel is beautiful, with great architecture and halls filled with light which in no small way contributed to the overall atmosphere of the event. The people were lovely and lively, with everyone being friendly, chatty and helpful even to someone like me, who is not extremely knowledgeable in the field. But that is another story.

And now, a couple of things that I appreciated most.

The Sennheiser Orpheus. Never in my life have I thought that I would see them in person, never mind listening to them. The whole setup is absolutely beautiful and it sounds fantastic for my ears. I had two rather long auditions (for a show) so apologies to everyone that waited after me. I do admit that I felt a bit self conscious about the time that I spent on some stands.

The HE1000 with and without the Headamp setup. Some people hate them, some love them. I personally fell in love at first sight. With the Headamp setup they sound (to me at least) absolutely brilliant. Great selection of music too at their stand. The look and fell of the cans is wow. Something about them just tickles my elmo.

The Audioquest Nighthawk left a very good impression. Listened to them at their own stand, on a Schiit Asgard and on a Hugo. While they may not be the most aerous, spacious headphones I did really enjoyed listening to them and I believe that they are well worth their asking price.

There are so many good, detailed impressions that one could post but next I will resume to making some recommendations if someone like me may: everything that I said before plus the Noble stand (savants are great), Viva stand (the mighty Odin and Abyss), the Chord stand (lovely people there, not to mention the gear), Audeze (had my first listen to the LCD3's, X and 2's with Fazor), Schiit stand (great lineup), RHA (amp looks great) and many many more. Oh and give yourself a treat and listen to the new Ethers. Basically you should visit everything :)

Apologies for the long post. It would have been much longer but I shall restrain myself :) Yesterday was a blast. Thank you for the opportunity you have given me and congrats to all the people that made it happen.

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #75 of 433
Ooh, look, a new grandchild...

(Ignore the cellophane on the new amp, Dimitri put this on, and I want to leave it on for a while...)

Congrats- what happened to going to a combined dac/amp system?? - must have liked it then :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back