:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #16 of 433
  At CanJam today I tested the AK380 alone against my "old" AK100>optical>HUGO, and.... AK100+HUGO still win on SQ and volume output.

I also tested the AK380's add-on Amp, and found that the external AK Amp really do not amplify a lot more than the AK380's internal Amp !??
eek.gif

With SE output there was almost no max-volume difference between the AK380 alone and AK380+Add-on Amp ! (and still much less powerfull than the HUGO).  

--> Anyone else tested ?

--> May be the AK-AMP that I tested was defective since it is still not released yet !?

Did you use your TH900s?

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #17 of 433

Did you use your TH900s?

no, I used my Ultrasone ED5 which is more demanding.  But also I used their AK-Beyerdynamic closed headphone.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #18 of 433
Anyone who will be there tomorrow, if you didn't check out the HE1000 through the Headamp setup, you're really missing out

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #19 of 433
Who is going tomorrow? :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #20 of 433
Also the Chord Hugo TT really suits the Hifiman setup really well, definitely thinking of getting one after trialling it multiple times today.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #22 of 433
Agreed - as near to endgame as I am ever reallistically going to (maybe) get to!

I thought that way too, but the HE1000 has changed me, I'm so so so impressed. If I had £20,000 I wouldn't buy Orpheus, I'd buy 6 HE1000 and would regret nothing

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #23 of 433
I also discovered the Oppo HA-2 great looking Dac/amp...... i also sat next to a fellow headfi member listening to the Oppo pm3 , this guy had a custom made pm2 it looked stunning !! 

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #24 of 433
Just got home. Three pints to the wind so forgive me if this is drunk posting!
Terrific event with unfailingly lovely people.
Heard several headphones that impressed me no electronics that did though.
I spent a lot of time on the Chord stand. Staff were very tolerant of me A/B testing the Hugo/AK combo against the iPhone with my K10's and an O2 with the Sennhieser 600's.
That's £1400 saved! I could detect no difference in SQ.
I attended with the agenda that having spent a lot on the CIEM's maybe I should invest in the electronics to back them up.
Not the case IMO.
I consistently heard huge differences between models of headphones. Tiny differences in electronics.
What an honour to meet and chat at length with Jude though!
Everybody involved has my heartfelt appreciation for putting on a world class event. Thank you.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #25 of 433
I also discovered the Oppo HA-2 great looking Dac/amp...... i also sat next to a fellow headfi member listening to the Oppo pm3 , this guy had a custom made pm2 it looked stunning !! 
I must agree that the Oppo looks great, especially in VU mode...

/sucker for screens, anyone that saw me outside would know that...

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #27 of 433
I thought that way too, but the HE1000 has changed me, I'm so so so impressed. If I had £20,000 I wouldn't buy Orpheus, I'd buy 6 HE1000 and would regret nothing

Ha ha yeah the He1000 is special - the space around the instruments!!! I didn't know I wanted one until today dammit :wink:

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #28 of 433

Spent two magical hours at Canjam London today. Met the real Jude! What a pleasure. I also met Axel Grell of Sennheiser, who not only promised exciting new things to come, but also introduced me briefly to the Orpheus. I was amazed. Quite the best sound that I have ever heard. The good news? I heard three headphones that I thought that I would end up buying which are now off my list. The bad news? I heard the Schiit Yggy + Ragnarok, the Chord TT and the A&K380. All are firmly on the list. It was nice to meet Mark Dolbear of http://www.electromod.co.uk/ who is going to operate on my Gungnir in due course. Multi-bit, here I come...

Thanks to the organizers, and to the patient exhibitors!

There are mulitiple Judes? 
confused.gif

Kidding ... I would heave loved to meet the people behind Head-Fi, fellow Head-Fiers, fellow countrymen Head-Fiers and representatves of some of this fine gear. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #30 of 433
This HE1000 is really strange:  some people love it, some...hate it ! 
eek.gif

I just hope that this is not because all HE1000 do not sound the same due to poor quality control !  

May be you need to get used to it as mentioned a friend who bought is and did not liked it at first and.... now finally loves it ! 

And me... i do not know what to think of it.  So Far I do not like it but....I will listen to it again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back