Five Leaves Left; Bryter Later; Pink Moon: Which is your favorite
Jul 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 15
I'd say Five Leaves Left, it's pretty even with Bryter Layter, except it has my favorite Nick Drake song, "Time Has Told Me". Pink Moon is great also, but I don't put it on the same level as the other 2.

Jul 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 15
That's good to hear since I really like Pink Moon. I got it at a thrift store for $1. The price makes it easy to buy something I've never heard before. In the case of Nick Drake, something I wanted to hear, but was never a high priority.

Jul 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 15
Oh man that's difficult! They all have their place, Pink Moon being one of the darkest albums I've ever heard.

Jul 14, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #9 of 15
Bryter Later just edges out Five Leaves Left for me. Love all three, but Pink Moon is my least favorite because there are times when you can hear that he's just barely holding it together. Some of the outtakes from the follow-up sessions (found on Time of No Reply) are harrowing. I can see why any of the three could be a favorite.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #11 of 15
I voted for Byrter Later as I love at the chime of a city clock and poor boy, and these *just* edge out the other two albums.

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #13 of 15
pink moon is nick drake holding up a mirror. the true gift of the album is that he manages to turn the mirror around.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #15 of 15
Quite difficult to choose, but at the moment I think Bryter Layter just edges ahead for me. "One of These Things First" and "Northern Sky" are great songs.

His music seems to be appearing on TV adverts/programmes quite a bit in the UK at the moment. I heard "From The Morning" on an air freshener advert not long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back