FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #2,761 of 4,896
Quote:
Thanks akhyar. That's good to know. Sure don't want to lose the highs with the tips. Yes I too find the 001 a little rigid. Where did you get the Starlight cables from?

I ordered the cable from BTG Audio webstore but haven't received mine.
You can search this forum or Google for the reviews on BTG cable coz IIRC, other than Fitear only BTG used the overmold connection for Fitear universal.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #2,765 of 4,896
Quote:

I ordered the cable from BTG Audio webstore but haven't received mine.
You can search this forum or Google for the reviews on BTG cable coz IIRC, other than Fitear only BTG used the overmold connection for Fitear universal.

The ALO SXC cable for the TG!334 also uses overmolded connectors, although those are a pain to deal with in my experience. They sounded good though.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #2,766 of 4,896
Quote:
Sharing a thought: wonder how the fitear 334 would stack against the incoming shure se846?

How could one even speculate on an unknown like that?

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #2,768 of 4,896
A few tips regarding Ortofon tips...
size]

Give them a few days...they need to soften up or to accelerate the process tip roll them literally between thumb and fore finger.......also allow them some body heat before they really perform at optimum and it would help that you have a little natural grime on them.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #2,769 of 4,896
Quote:
size]

Give them a few days...they need to soften up or to accelerate the process tip roll them literally between thumb and fore finger.......also allow them some body heat before they really perform at optimum and it would help that you have a little natural grime on them.

Spit on them? 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #2,770 of 4,896
I would just not wipe for a few days so natural body oils build up on them.....

Having said that I have seen people spit/lick tips.....arghhhh

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #2,771 of 4,896
I would just not wipe for a few days so natural body oils build up on them.....

Having said that I have seen people spit/lick tips.....arghhhh

Eewwww!! Hopefully not the extreme of soaking the Comply in their own saliva...
If u guys are having ur lunch now, my apologies :p

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2,772 of 4,896
size]

Thanks for the tips. All of a sudden I am finding that I can't even insert the smallest tip size into my ear canal. Something about these ortofon tips made the walls of my ear canal extremely dry that it feels as though they are shrunken. :confused:
Hoping that tip rolling will help with this.

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #2,774 of 4,896
Thanks for all the tips and advice on the ear tips.  I will have to drop by Stereo or Jaben over the weekend to see what's available.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are not many types of tips in Stereo or Jaben, except maybe Comply T400/500 or Shure and Westone tips which are not compatible with FitEars.
Definitely no Ortofon, Sony Hybrid, Heir, V-Moda tips, etc that can be used on FitEars
You will be better off buying online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back