FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jun 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #2,716 of 4,896
I had the 334 for 2-3 weeks, and ended up using the stock cable most of the time over the 000 cable. The 000 cable was a definite upgrade sonically to the stock cable, but much harder to just enjoy because of it being so damned microphonic. 

you can always try Sennheiser cables, same pins.
size]

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2,717 of 4,896
Quote:
I had the 334 for 2-3 weeks, and ended up using the stock cable most of the time over the 000 cable. The 000 cable was a definite upgrade sonically to the stock cable, but much harder to just enjoy because of it being so damned microphonic. 

you can always try Sennheiser cables, same pins.
size]

Same here, have been using the 001 cable for awhile now, not so much for the microphonics (I always listen sitting down), but due to the stiffness it seems to cause the seal to break a little too often.  Only seems to be an issue w/ the Ortofon tips for me as I'm probably between sizes on those, but still.

I have a BTG starlight en route sometime soon (also ordered back in April), if it can at least split the difference sonically w/ great ergonomics I'll be in heaven.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #2,718 of 4,896
Quote:

Same here, have been using the 001 cable for awhile now, not so much for the microphonics (I always listen sitting down), but due to the stiffness it seems to cause the seal to break a little too often.  Only seems to be an issue w/ the Ortofon tips for me as I'm probably between sizes on those, but still.

^^ I can totally relate to that.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #2,719 of 4,896
I am running my ToGo! 334 on a 001 balanced cable but with an adapter and pseudo-balanced out of the AK120......

Short of going full balanced out of the RSA Intruder.......This ROCKS
size]

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #2,721 of 4,896
Any different between black and white tips?

White tips are Ortofon....I get perfect fit with and use them with all my Universals if they fit the earpiece stems.

Edit:

Didn't answer your question. They shift the FR a little through the lessening of bass due to smaller bores. Giving more shimmer to the highs and a slightly more focused mid.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #2,722 of 4,896
I am running my ToGo! 334 on a 001 balanced cable but with an adapter and pseudo-balanced out of the AK120......

Short of going full balanced out of the RSA Intruder.......This ROCKS
size]

Spkrs, Isn't this the same as a regular 001 cable but with a balanced plug converted back to stereo?? So, how / why would this be (much) different than a normal 001 stereo cable & plug??

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #2,723 of 4,896
Can't beat a pseudo-balanced setup....:rolleyes:

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #2,724 of 4,896
RE: balanced 334s, searching this thread for more info found AnakChan's impressions to be somewhat muted after balancing the 000 cable:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/945#post_8736584

"It is quite a bit of money spent to just squeeze out that little bit of performance. Although I do use my 000 balanced quite a bit, I find myself using the standard SE cable in equal amount of time too... Any sonic loss from balanced to SE is, to my ears, minor and easily forgotten."

So it's interesting to note this is the balanced 000 vs. stock 001... to my ears there's a pretty nice change in sound SE to SE between these cables, so I dunno 
confused_face.gif

Gavin, I appreciate your enthusiasm, it even caused me to go off on a tangent and consider purchasing an International in the classifieds and then an RSA connector to reterminate my incoming BTG starlight.  Just looking for more impressions on this, it's a lot of coin of AnakChan says.  Who knows, perhaps that money would be better spent purchasing the 1+2s 
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #2,725 of 4,896
while purchasing the 334 from price japan, do they come with any stock cable, or does the cable need to be purchased separate in addition to the iem?
was not sure what comes in the package if you just buy the iem and no optional cables..
thanks.

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #2,726 of 4,896
Quote:
while purchasing the 334 from price japan, do they come with any stock cable, or does the cable need to be purchased separate in addition to the iem?
was not sure what comes in the package if you just buy the iem and no optional cables..
thanks.

Answer: TG334's come with the (001) cable, also Pelican case, eartips, cleaning brush, and soft bag.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #2,729 of 4,896
I'm selling the 000 cables and the TG334s in the For Sale forums.  My ears are aching after too much IEM use.  

My experience was that the 000 cable had sonic improvements but it is very stiff and microphonic.  I could cope with it because I have used IEMs for such a long time and I can avoid bumping the cables.  Shocked anyone would charge $445 for them.  I guess that's the price of a small improvement on $1300 headphones in this hobby.

I have had the 334s twice now.  I don't know if the soft pouch always comes with the headphone.  Pretty lousy way to protect the IEM but the Pelican case is really big.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back