FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Dec 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,621 of 4,896
Quote:
Amazing description, thanks for such a detailed comparison. 

Now I just have to decide if I want to spend another $440 on top of the cost of the TG!334s themselves, and the ALO cable. Perhaps if it's that much better, I could recoup like 35% of the cost by selling the ALO... Would Musica Acoustics be the best place to get it right now?

thank you. I'm not sure but I think so...

VisceriousZERO may be the best one to ask
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #1,622 of 4,896
I got my TG334 with the 000 cable last week from musicaacoustics. I can highly recommend. Dimitri is very helpful and shipping is ultrafast. The SQ is great. I use it mainly with my rockboxed HM-801 and for a few days my resurrected portable cd-player (panasonic CT490). I was amazed, how good this ancient player concured sounds. For interested head-fier: try out the example files of darinf (Smyth SVS Realiser - PRIR Exchange Thread) made with the smyth realiser. It's sometime unbelievable what there happens with headphones/your ears. Althoug the best where, if you had your own PRIR, you can imagine what there is possible even with the ears of darinf :)) If you once have heard it on a desktop system (in my case with HifiMan EF6 and HE-6 with the Smyth Realiser) you will never go back to the "in head localisation" listening. No matter what you're listening. From cheap phones up to the high expensive Stax 009. Therefore I don't miss as from now this sound on my portables i'll have to record the "realised" outputs on my computer. I hope the new bought esi juli@ will do that. I'll see. Cheers!

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #1,623 of 4,896
Amazing description, thanks for such a detailed comparison. 

Now I just have to decide if I want to spend another $440 on top of the cost of the TG!334s themselves, and the ALO cable. Perhaps if it's that much better, I could recoup like 35% of the cost by selling the ALO... Would Musica Acoustics be the best place to get it right now?

Honestly I think you wouldn't go back to the ALO cables after hearing the 000s...

Musica Acoutics would work, especially if you can't go to Tokyo xD

On another note, using my TG334s with my HDP-R10 + Pico Slim :) i like this combo!

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #1,624 of 4,896
Quote:
I got my TG334 with the 000 cable last week from musicaacoustics. I can highly recommend. Dimitri is very helpful and shipping is ultrafast. 

All my dealings with Dimitri and Musica Acoustics have gone well. There are not many businesses where you speak to the owner/decision maker. His concern for his customers to be satisfied show in his actions.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,627 of 4,896
The diy moder of firear to go 334 001 headphone wire moding XLR plug come from Taiwan(Country on Earth)

I mod my headphone like this:

The diy moder of firear to go 334 001 headphone wire moding XLR plug come from Taiwan(Country on Earth)

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #1,630 of 4,896
Quote:
Makes sense. Are there directions posted for the audiologist who takes the impressions?

Suyama is also an audiologist and they do their own impressions. I've heard they accept impressions from a couple of approved audiologists in Japan, but they will not accept them from anyone else, hence no instructions.

I had impressions made at Suyama though, and the procedure differed from most I've heard about. They used two full syringes of compound per ear, fully filling the outer ear as well. They also told me to open and close my mouth and move my jaw side to side a few times after the compound was injected.

I can't comment on the fit of the customs though, because before I got the customs made I heard the TG!334s and bought those instead :)

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #1,631 of 4,896
Quote:

Can someone please give ( a link?) the specs for the 000 cable. How does it differ from the ALO and the stock cable?

001 Cable (stock)
- Copper
- One coaxial cable per channel (two total)
- Cables are twisted around each other and covered in heat shrink before the junction, then one individual cable goes to each earpiece
- Not particularly flexible

000 Cable
- Silver plated copper (described has having the best balance and versatility of all the cables Suyama-san tested)
- Two individual cables per channel (four total)
- Larger gauge wire than the 001
- The four wires are braided in an unusual pattern (looks like a chain you'd use with a padlock) and covered with heat shrink before the junction, then two cables are (I believe) twisted going to each earpiece
- Even less flexible

For what it's worth, I A/B tested the 000 cable vs. stock with my TG!334s for about 20 minutes at a local shop. I found the improvement was VERY subtle, verging on undetectable with a Nano 4G -> Pico Slim. Obviously others have had different results, but I would carefully consider where else in your chain the $400 could go before buying this cable. Unlike those provided with many IEMs, the stock cable is already excellent...don't discount it out of hand!

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #1,635 of 4,896
My 000 is on it's way. I will post my impressions vs the Alo cable when it arrives. Now I have the perfect seal, so my listening will not be affected from that issue.
I expect my previous recable from stock to Alo was somewhat tainted by fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back